HURRY! Only 2 days left on current promotion until they extend it!!

zaknzoey

They have changed quite a bit over the last year IMO. For example, inside cabins couldn't get UBP as a perk at one point. Then for a while only got two if you were in balcony or higher. Also, now only in non-guaranteed cabins. For a while it was a goofy arcade credit and 50 photos. Sometimes 3rd/4th free.

It may seem tired and old for people who spend time on a message board and cruise more than once a year, but for the vast majority of their passengers it is effective and must be working or they would have scrapped it 5 iterations ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by txagfan

They have changed quite a bit over the last year IMO. For example, inside cabins couldn't get UBP as a perk at one point. Then for a while only got two if you were in balcony or higher. Also, now only in non-guaranteed cabins. For a while it was a goofy arcade credit and 50 photos. Sometimes 3rd/4th free.

It may seem tired and old for people who spend time on a message board and cruise more than once a year, but for the vast majority of their passengers it is effective and must be working or they would have scrapped it 5 iterations ago.

That isn't an accurate statement.

You don't get promos if you book an IX, OX, BX, or MX category. It has nothing to do with whether or not you book a guarantee. If you, for example, book a BD category as a guarantee, you still get to choose two (2) promos.

Yea, that is getting old. I fell for it once. :eek:

Now if they change the promos....

How long has NCL been doing this "free at sea" "promo" anyway?

Yeah, I was wondering if they DID change the promo what it might be?

Any guesses? :confused:

That isn't an accurate statement.

You don't get promos if you book an IX, OX, BX, or MX category. It has nothing to do with whether or not you book a guarantee. If you, for example, book a BD category as a guarantee, you still get to choose two (2) promos.

You can book a Balcony Guarantee that's not BX? News to me, but ok. I'm not a travel agent. My comment while it may be inaccurate for the situation you describe above is still a significant change they've made to these promos over time.

Edited by txagfan

I think it's funny from a marketing perspective, but I get it. The promo was also one of the reasons I booked my next cruise on NCL :D

You can book a Balcony Guarantee that's not BX? News to me, but ok.

Yes, I found this out just the other day! I had been looking at prices for my upcoming cruise for a mini-suite. I was looking at category MB, and when I did a mock booking, it came up as a guarantee! :eek:

I called and asked about this and was told that yes, from time to time they will offer higher categories as a guarantee if they have a lot available, which simply means you don't get to choose your own cabin, but that you do get the current promos because it's not booking the actual guarantee category of MX. ;)

Was news to me too.

Edited by zaknzoey
spelling

....It may seem tired and old for people who spend time on a message board and cruise more than once a year....

We cruise about 4 times a year and I spend quite a bit of time on these boards.....and I LOVE knowing about the good promos;) The UBP, Internet minutes and different versions of the Dining package have been around for quite awhile now. However, the current promo since September includes my very favorite. Pre-paid service charges is one of the best and it doesn't happen often enough for me!

Yes, I found this out just the other day! I had been looking at prices for my upcoming cruise for a mini-suite. I was looking at category MB, and when I did a mock booking, it came up as a guarantee! :eek:

I called and asked about this and was told that yes, from time to time they will offer higher categories as a guarantee if they have a lot available, which simply means you don't get to choose your own cabin, but that you do get the current promos because it's not booking the actual guarantee category of MX. ;)

Was news to me too.

Just to be clear...MX is NOT an "actual guarantee category". If you look at the deck plans for the ship, you will find actual cabins that are specifically assigned to the MX (and IX, OX, and BX) category.

For example, on the Norwegian Dawn cabins 11500 and 11002 are both MX category cabins. It is because there are only 2 available that this category typically is placed into guarantee status. If you were to book a MB as a guarantee, you could not be placed into either 11500 or 11002.

Edited by SeaShark

Just to be clear...MX is NOT an "actual guarantee category". If you look at the deck plans for the ship, you will find actual cabins that are specifically assigned to the MX (and IX, OX, and BX) category.

For example, on the Norwegian Dawn cabins 11500 and 11002 are both MX category cabins. It is because there are only 2 available that this category typically is placed into guarantee status. If you were to book a MB as a guarantee, you could not be placed into either 11500 or 11002.

Huh?? MX is NOT a guarantee category? Then what booking code IS a guarantee? Even though the deck plans show 2 rooms "assigned" to this category, maybe it's just a placeholder and visual representation for booking purposes.

As long as I've been looking at NCL, I've always seen that category MX, BX, etc... was always the guarantee category.

Huh?? MX is NOT a guarantee category? Then what booking code IS a guarantee? Even though the deck plans show 2 rooms "assigned" to this category, maybe it's just a placeholder and visual representation for booking purposes.

As long as I've been looking at NCL, I've always seen that category MX, BX, etc... was always the guarantee category.

No, it is not. There is no "booking code" for a guarantee. NCL can place any category of cabin into a guarantee status....all this means is that you get that category or better. Each available category....including IX, OX, BX, and MX...have specific cabins assigned.

You have to find somewhere that breaks down the codes, side by side is best. For example, here is one for the NCL Epic showing all the interior categories. There are actually 4 inside guarantee categories, IX is the only one that does not include the perks. Balcony follows the exact same procedure with BX being the lowest.

Interior

Studio / T1

Family Inside / I1

Mid-Ship Inside

IA

IB

IC

Guarantee Inside

ID

IE

IF

IX

Edited by ray98

Don't know what the new promos will be tomorrow, but if you wait until then to book you will lose out on the $50 per person deposit deal for October and also (if you are a Latitudes member) the October onboard credit deal on certain itineraries.

I wonder the opposite - if I wait, will the cruise I'm looking at maybe be one of the Latitudes specials tomorrow. I'm torn between booking tonight - and gambling to see what will be the perks (I hope for the same) and Latitudes specials for November. I am leaning towards booking - but keep going back and forth. Wish I had a crystal ball (or someone in the know!).

I wonder the opposite - if I wait, will the cruise I'm looking at maybe be one of the Latitudes specials tomorrow. I'm torn between booking tonight - and gambling to see what will be the perks (I hope for the same) and Latitudes specials for November. I am leaning towards booking - but keep going back and forth. Wish I had a crystal ball (or someone in the know!).

Courtesy hold tonight, make the decision tomorrow after you see the "new' promos.

Courtesy hold tonight, make the decision tomorrow after you see the "new' promos.

I thought of that but didn't think the promos carried over? I'll give it a try and see. Thanks.

Edit: I called and was told no go. I need to book it today for the promotion to carry over.

Edited by ljrfrm

I thought of that but didn't think the promos carried over? I'll give it a try and see. Thanks.

Edit: I called and was told no go. I need to book it today for the promotion to carry over.

I'm not saying call and talk about booking, but to actually make the booking as a courtesy hold online tonight where you will pick the promos you want as part of the booking. No payment necessary, just a My NCL account. That will lock in the current promos. Just cancel or let it expire if you like the new offers better. They aren't going to explain that to you over the phone.

I'm not saying call and talk about booking, but to actually make the booking as a courtesy hold online tonight where you will pick the promos you want as part of the booking. No payment necessary, just a My NCL account. That will lock in the current promos. Just cancel or let it expire if you like the new offers better. They aren't going to explain that to you over the phone.

Thanks!

Last time I did a booking with courtesy hold (earlier this month), it expired at midnight, not 24 hours after I placed it. So, not sure that doing the courtesy hold the last day to see of the offers are better the following day will still work.

Does anyone know the promotion for November 1? I know occasionally someone will get wind of the new promotions.

Yep, it would be good to know today! :rolleyes:

I'm trying to decide to upgrade us to a mini-suite today, or take the chance to see if the promotions change. I don't want to lose the promos I have now, mainly DSC paid for.

What to do?!?!?:confused: