Questions on extended voyages

Cruise Junky

Hi. A couple of questions on a b2b extended voyage

Final payment is 150 days out rather than 90 or 120?

I don't get extra dining reservations, just the same as anyone would on the 7 day? (Marina - inside)

The deposit is double? That's a major ouch almost 2 years out if true.

And it only counts as one cruise credit?

I've tried to search but not sure how up to date this info is.

Thank you.

Sure. Sorry. It's a 12 day and a 7 day. Total 19 days

See this:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/faq/

For a 19 day cruise you should be able to get 1 in each restaurant on O ship - total of 4 - for cabins below Concierge.

If you book it as a B2B you should get double reservations - I believe (quote from FAQ):

"Marina and Riviera

Concierge Level Veranda, Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

All cruises: 1 reservations at each restaurant"

Thus you should get 1 each for your 12 day and 1 each for your 7 day cruise.

Also, the price might be different for GV vs B2B and you may get 2 cruise credits for a B2B.

If I am wrong, someone will correct me.

The real question is this - will O allow you to book it as a B2B

Edited by Paulchili

On the only GV we've done we thought we were only going to get 1 in each restaurant but when it came time to book them we got 1 for each segment for a total of eight on Marina.

There are quite a few factors to consider whether to do the GV or a b2b, but this may not be one of them. FWIW, on ours Oceania wouldnt allow us to book as a b2b even if we wanted to.

My TA was able to book us as 2 cruises with different booking numbers

I booked one cruise then a few days later decided to do the 2nd cruise

Are you travelling solo? Why would you pay double deposit if not ?

We just came off the Riviera, booked 2, 7 day cruises as one 2 week cruise. We received specialty restaurant reservations for each segment- 1 each restaurant for the first week, 1 each restaurant for the second week...reservations could be made based on the start date for the first leg...not make them for the first week, then wait for the start date of the 2nd leg.

The Olife amenities were combined for the 2 weeks, could be used any time over the 2 weeks. Really would only make a difference for the excursions- you could use the included excursions for any portion of the combined cruise.

My TA was able to book us as 2 cruises with different booking numbers

I booked one cruise then a few days later decided to do the 2nd cruise

Are you travelling solo? Why would you pay double deposit if not ?

No, were a couple. There was something in the terms I read yesterday that the grand voyages were double the deposit - guess I'll find out tomorrow ;)

This is where I got the double deposit and the 150 day final

Payment from

Bookings require a per person deposit of 20% of the applicable fare for Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites and $750 for all other suite/stateroom categories. For Grand Voyages, the per person deposit is $1,500. Bookings must deposit within 7 days of booking for bookings made more than 120 days from sailing, within 3 days of booking for bookings made between 91 and 120 days from sailing, and by the end of the booking day for bookings within 90 days of sailing. Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departure for voyages less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer

This is where I got the double deposit and the 150 day final

Payment from

Bookings require a per person deposit of 20% of the applicable fare for Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites and $750 for all other suite/stateroom categories. For Grand Voyages, the per person deposit is $1,500. Bookings must deposit within 7 days of booking for bookings made more than 120 days from sailing, within 3 days of booking for bookings made between 91 and 120 days from sailing, and by the end of the booking day for bookings within 90 days of sailing. Unless otherwise noted, final payment must be received by Oceania Cruises 90 days prior to cruise departure for voyages less than 15 days and 150 days prior for voyages 15 days or longer

My interpretation would be they are using the per cruise rate for deposits even though it is a GV

I could be wrong

Just a thought

Why not ask for 2 separate booking numbers you still pay the double deposit but you get an extra cruise credit

If part of the new promo the deposit is 50%

Edited by LHT28

My interpretation would be they are using the per cruise rate for deposits even though it is a GV

I could be wrong

Just a thought

Why not ask for 2 separate booking numbers you still pay the double deposit but you get an extra cruise credit

There's quite a price difference between 2 bookings and 1. I'll see how it all plays out tomorrow when they open

Edited by Cruise Junky

There's quite a price difference between 2 bookings and 1. I'll see how it all plays out tomorrow when they open

Bingo!

It all depends on how much a cruise credit is worth to you. If you are new to Oceania and are not sure how much you will cruise with them then it wouldn't be worth much.

If you've cruised with them a lot and have 18 or 19 cruises and the extra credit would get you to the free one then it would have more value.

I suspect the airfare would be the difference

If you do 2 cruises you get the half air credit for each cruise in my experience or just take the air credit for both & book your own air

I suspect the airfare would be the difference

If you do 2 cruises you get the half air credit for each cruise in my experience or just take the air credit for both & book your own air

I did the math using the cruise only price. We'll definitely be taking the air credit. DH has had flying issues recently and I won't put that in anyone else's hands

I could be wrong

Just a thought

We've got three future GV's booked (23, 24 and 38 days). At time of booking, each one required double deposit. Of course we looked at the B2B alternative. But in each case, the GV price was significantly different (hundreds per person lower).

GV good news: bottom line discount, same cabin, double restaurant reservations, option to split alcohol package, same O Life as B2B total.

GV bad news: no double cruise credits depending on total cruise length; some glitches requiring call to O (e.g., posting of excursions/culinary classes/etc for segments while O forgetting GVers); could be a hassle getting $ adjust if one segment has price drop and O doesn't automatically adjust GV pricing.

BTW, if you opt for air credit on GV, it's only for the one trip vs the theoretical two credits for the B2B. Nonetheless, even the "no air" GV cost is "bottom line cheaper" than the B2Bs.

We've got three future GV's booked (23, 24 and 38 days). At time of booking, each one required double deposit. Of course we looked at the B2B alternative. But in each case, the GV price was significantly different (hundreds per person lower).

GV good news: bottom line discount, same cabin, double restaurant reservations, option to split alcohol package, same O Life as B2B total.

GV bad news: no double cruise credits depending on total cruise length; some glitches requiring call to O (e.g., posting of excursions/culinary classes/etc for segments while O forgetting GVers); could be a hassle getting $ adjust if one segment has price drop and O doesn't automatically adjust GV pricing.

BTW, if you opt for air credit on GV, it's only for the one trip vs the theoretical two credits for the B2B. Nonetheless, even the "no air" GV cost is "bottom line cheaper" than the B2Bs.

Thanks - that's a nice summary of pros & cons.

You'll get 1 credit for the first two and 3 credits for the 38 night. I thought it was 24 nights for 2 credits, but it's 25.

Or if it is a GV consisting of the 3 segments (85 days) they may get 7 credits

Cruises 65-179 days will receive seven cruise credits

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

:confused::confused:

Or if it is a GV consisting of the 3 segments (85 days) they may get 7 credits

Cruises 65-179 days will receive seven cruise credits

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/oceania-club/levels/

:confused::confused:

65-179 - Boy, that's a huge spread!!!

I wouldn't want to get the same amount of credit for a 65 day cruise as for a 170 day cruise :(

65-179 - Boy, that's a huge spread!!!

I wouldn't want to get the same amount of credit for a 65 day cruise as for a 170 day cruise :(

Stay one more day, get 9 more credits. :eek:

Hmm, that's interesting, under My Account/ Oceania Club when you hover over the question mark it says 65-179 days is 6 credits, on the link Lyn posted it says 7. Which one is right?