How Do You Start Your Cruise?

taylortime05

This is our first Celebrity Cruise on Eclipse on Dec 11 and we are in Concierge Class. Is there any benefit any getting to the pier early like 10. I think my assigned time is 11:30. Also, what do you do to start your cruise up to point of the sail away?

Thanks for all your tips and ideas. :)

As Concierge there is a sit-down lunch in the dining room for you so you can avoid the crowds at the buffet. But 10 seems a bit early. Rooms aren't available until about 1:30. Remember that you will be dragging your carry-ons until then. Take some time for a tour of the ship, don't forget there will be a muster drill before sailaway.

Edited by WestLakeGirl

This is our first Celebrity Cruise on Eclipse on Dec 11 and we are in Concierge Class. Is there any benefit any getting to the pier early like 10. I think my assigned time is 11:30. Also, what do you do to start your cruise up to point of the sail away?

They usually don't start boarding until 11 or so, see no benefit in getting there at 10.

We are b2b Nov 27 and Dec 11. All the Nov 27 folks will be getting off and getting luggage and going thru customs and getting on their way until well after 9. If you get there before 11 you will have a place to sit and wait. Concierge gets priority for checking in and getting on the ship but there is no real benefit to arriving at 10. My advice is arrive at 11 and unload bags with the porter. Carry one small bag with you. Sit and wait just a few minutes instead of an hour. If you want to meet me at cafe a bacchio we can make that happen. I would be happy to answer any questions. Are you posting on the Dec 11 board? terrytallent1 at comcast dot net

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Go directly to the Sunset Bar! Relax with a drink of choice, watch the shore scene from the beautiful patio, and then head down to the MDR for the exclusive Concierge Class luncheon while you wait for the announcement that your cabin is ready. Enjoy!

We started our last cruise at the Martini Bar (open super early on embarkation day) as we were meeting friends from CC. If you are seated in the MDR and not Select, we would often check out our table assignment and decide whether we want to be reseated. We are in AQ now so that's not an issue for us with Blu as our dining venue. We like to be in the room as it opens and meet our attendant (3:00ish) before muster. If you have any special needs you can pass them along at that time.

Enjoy!

Getting there at 10AM means traffic issues because those getting off the previous cruise haven't left the area yet, and much of the port side crew's effort is involved with disembarking those passengers. In other words, besides the traffic, there are few porters available to take your luggage. Wait an hour!

When I get on the ship, it's usually lunch time and time to verify that the drink package works as advertised.

Have lunch and walk around the ship to be familiarized if first time to board the ship.

How do we start our cruise?? At home we try to eat healthy and limit our alcohol consumption. So when we get on the ship we go straight to the outside burger place and get 2 beers and a plate of French fries! :D

14 of us are getting ready to depart on our 40th anniversary cruise. Excited would not describe our emotions right now. We have had the cruise booked for 18 months. It will be our first cruise in 3 years. (I have had numerous health issues that I am happy to say are resolved) We are glad to be getting back on Celebrity although all of our cruises have been fantastic (yes even the Carnival ones) The only thing we are leery about is the Miami Embarkation. We have been spoiled with Cape Canaveral and even enjoy Lauderdale but Miami has not benso smooth. With that said we go with proper attitude and I am sure it will be fine! Cocktail for sail away of course!

Big smile.

Enjoy the "doink" sound when checking through security.

Champagne...where's the champagne?

Got it! A toast!

Go to Excursion Desk and make reservations.

Grab another champagne and head for what is now Sushi on Five. Enjoy a slow lunch.

Go to Martini Bar. It there is a bartender we've met from previous cruises we'll upgrade drink package. If no, go to Oceanview Bar and repeat. If we don't know any of the bartenders just pick one and sign for upgrade.

Kick back, enjoy and make new friends. :)

straight for bar on deck 14 (back of the boat ) grab a drink or 2 and then people watch whilst waiting for my pals to turn-up.

Always find it amusing to hear peoples moaning that the room isn't ready and / or the bags haven't arrived. As my friend from Canadia once said (out loud) "lets hope they dont have a happy-hour - these yanks will get really angry [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

14 of us are getting ready to depart on our 40th anniversary cruise. Excited would not describe our emotions right now. We have had the cruise booked for 18 months. It will be our first cruise in 3 years. (I have had numerous health issues that I am happy to say are resolved) We are glad to be getting back on Celebrity although all of our cruises have been fantastic (yes even the Carnival ones) The only thing we are leery about is the Miami Embarkation. We have been spoiled with Cape Canaveral and even enjoy Lauderdale but Miami has not benso smooth. With that said we go with proper attitude and I am sure it will be fine! Cocktail for sail away of course!

Please tell me more about the Miami embarkation. We sail from there very soon. Is it a madhouse or what's the problem?

Please tell me more about the Miami embarkation. We sail from there very soon. Is it a madhouse or what's the problem?

Hi, I have sailed from Miami several times over the years and I

don't recall problems or a madhouse (if memory serves).

Our cruise day starts at about 5am....We always book a room with a port view (wherever in the world) set the alarm for an hour or so before the ship is due in port and then watch her come in (through the window and on Marine Traffic)...After that loads of time to pack and sort, even a swim if we want...We always arrive at the port by 11am.

Once I have the 'greetings' champagne in my hand I know I am on my holiday! After that, who cares!

Sip the welcoming mimosa, and look forward to a relaxing cruise. We used to have a quiet lunch at Bistro on 5, but looking forward to the Concierge Class lunch this time! Then drop our carry-ons in our cabin when they announce rooms are ready and start exploring the ship (even ships we've been on before). Head up to the Sunset Bar for sailaway with other Cruise Critic members, identified by plastic Mardi Gras beads!

We sailed from Miami in February of this year, and both embarkation and disembarkation were easy, including parking.

Looking forward to our first b2b on the Reflection December 31st!

I am always super excited and eager to board the ship as early as possible but we have learned that if you show up later around 2 or 3 you can sometimes avoid waiting in the frustrating long lines. Your cabin should be ready by then and you can drop off carry on luggage instead of dragging it with you around ship. We try to avoid the buffet for lunch on embarkation-it can be a madhouse. Once aboard we grab a drink and walk around the ship-starting at the top and walk across each deck heading downward. We like to scope out the entire ship on day 1 so that we can plan for the week. I hate discovering something about the ship at the end of our trip when it is too late to enjoy it. We also pack our swim suits in our carry on just in case we decide to take a swim. ---In general if we can avoid the long lines at embarkation we get into vacation mode quicker because we don't feel that frustration of waiting in line. No matter what just enjoy-I would rather be in a line waiting to go on a cruise then the lines at the DMV

My excitement actually begins when we book the cruise and explodes once we start packing, along with fireworks when we board...then a deep breathe and lunch. Yes, like others have mentioned, we love to walk around and see everything once again!

As soon as our cabin is ready, we unpack, get more hangers, along with menus for Luminae and Blu. We also go to Michael's Club and get a couple of drinks and water. Then, depending on how we feel, we do some cardio at the gym, shore and get ready for the sail away with CC members. After that it is MC and dinner. There we share how lucky we are to be able to cruise the Med, our favorite place!!!

This coming April, we are on our first TA from Miami to Rome with two other couples who we met on an Adriatic cruise. Life is good or should be after some surgeries, taking care of my dad and many ups and downs.

The most important thing is to not get upset if everything doesn't go perfectly; do what you can do and laugh about the rest. Life is way too short and being resilient is the best therapy...

Enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff you read on these boards!

Edited by Lastdance

The most important thing is to not get upset if everything doesn't go perfectly; do what you can do and laugh about the rest. Life is way too short and being resilient is the best therapy...

Enjoy your cruise and don't sweat the small stuff you read on these boards!

Best advice ever!!

We check our bags so all we have is our backpack and my tote. We head for the pool, get a drink and relax in the sun until muster. Plenty of time during the week to explore the ship, if there is sunshine, I will be laying in it soaking up the rays!! Hubby will usually run and get something for lunch from the buffet.