Balcony room changed.

Spideysmum

Just looked at my cruise personalizer and discovered our room has been changed from the Caribe deck C715 to the Lido deck L305 for our British Isles cruise May 1. I haven't called Princess yet to change but my feeling is not great about it. My husband likes the proximity to the bars and the Horizon Court but I'm just not sure.

Anyone think this is a good location?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just looked at my cruise personalizer and discovered our room has been changed from the Caribe deck C715 to the Lido deck L305 for our British Isles cruise May 1. I haven't called Princess yet to change but my feeling is not great about it. My husband likes the proximity to the bars and the Horizon Court but I'm just not sure.

Thanks.

It really depends on where you like to be on the ship. If I had C715 which will have a large balcony and be quite aft I wouldn't want to change it, but as I say it's a personal thing.

Trish

Whew. Thanks guys. I called our online travel agency which called Princess in turn. Apparently it was considered an upgrade since it was further forward However I really liked the location of C715 when I chose it last February. So, it's in the works and may take up to 24 hours to show C715 back in my cruise personalizer. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Spideysmum

To Thinfool. Believe me. He's onboard with the change back because I said I was going to go crazy with all the traffic charging out of the lifts for breakfast in the morning and stomping right by our cabin. Not a peep out of him after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Princess would consider this an upgrade from C715, Cat. BD to L305, Cat BC. But, C715 is really a nice cabin in a nice location with a 9' x 9' balcony vs. L305 which has a 9' x 5' balcony, and is in a location where passengers coming from the Lido Pool area have to pass the cabin to get to the elevators. You may also be able to hear MUTS in that cabin, especially when on the balcony. MUTS goes day and night.

Have your T.A. designate L715 "No Upgrade."

Thanks.

I would be pissed.

All is good. Just checked my cruise personalizer and our stateroom has been restored to C715. Thank you guys so much. ❤️

Good move!! Rarely it is an upgrade when they move you all the way forward ... they might call it that but thought they fixed that with a category change up some time ago. I love the Caribe deck and aft is more desirable than forward to us. Glad you were able to get your original cabin back.

Just for future reference, you can mark your cabin as 'no upgrade', 'any upgrade' as a default, or 'meta upgrade' only. If I really love the cabin I chose, I mark it no upgrade. Never will I mark it as any upgrade unless I have booked a suite. A meta-upgrade means they can only move you up from one super category to another super category ....eg: from a balcony to a mini-suite or above ... not just to what they consider a more desirable balcony. Most of my bookings are marked with a meta upgrade only.