Rudeness to tow LOS crew members

jc foster

Sadly...some of us were thinking the very same thing...you just said it out loud.

Sadly, some of us millennials, think the same about some of the boomers.

Sorry you've met millennials who have met this vision you have but I think you'd be surprised if you talked to the older ones (born in the 80s).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please direct me to the manual or directive that pax on this board have consulted to alllow them to be absolutely certain that those crew members did not have permission to access the coffee machine.

And they did not learn this rude behavior from "the Millennials." They probably have been doing it all their lives. I find the older generation, of which I am a card carrying member, MUCH more "entitled" than any of the Millennials I know.

Sadly, some of us millennials, think the same about some of the boomers.

Sorry you've met millennials who have met this vision you have but I think you'd be surprised if you talked to the older ones (born in the 80s).

While every generation contains people who are rude and controlling...

Millennials own today's market when it comes to entitlement. Just completed a course based on 9 different national studies on this topic...and the current crop of those in that age group has raised the bar when it comes to two things: The expectation for instant gratification and the firm belief that they are entitled to all sorts of things.

But full circle to the original post - the point is that no passenger has the "right" to police ship staff in the manner explained.

Please direct me to the manual or directive that pax on this board have consulted to alllow them to be absolutely certain that those crew members did not have permission to access the coffee machine.

And they did not learn this rude behavior from "the Millennials." They probably have been doing it all their lives. I find the older generation, of which I am a card carrying member, MUCH more "entitled" than any of the Millennials I know.

Well, I can tell you for sure that the blue coveralls mentioned in the OP are working uniforms for engine crew, and when in working uniform, they are not granted access to pax areas except to perform their duties. Getting a coffee or latte is not part of their duties.

Some people are absolutely miserable human beings, and all too willing to share their misery at every opportunity.

I can't help but try and compare this story to the story being discussed about 2 Pinnacles leaving the lounge on Allure.

As I recall you quickly came to the defense of the passengers. 😉

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I can't help but try and compare this story to the story being discussed about 2 Pinnacles leaving the lounge on Allure.

As I recall you quickly came to the defense of the passengers.

LOL I was thinking the exact same thing. And if the OP has said that they were pinnacle instead of diamond.. His post would have been totally different. Isn't it amazing.... Circle the wagons LOL As I said. There is NO excuse for any passenger treating a crew or another passenger poorly.

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

Since this seems to be the day to discuss low life's and their behavior, allow me to share a personal experience. Shortly before the Allure was refurbished I had the displeasure to witness a group of disgusting suite guests during their finest hour. The incidents occurred on the same night in what was then the concierge lounge. Suite scenario 1. A group of 15 - 18 drunk and disorderly "suite guests" were behaving badly. Then the apparent leader of the repugnant group decided to do a live sex show for all to see. After the room was thoroughly disgusted by their behavior the concierges kicked the group out and banned them for the remainder of the cruise. About ten minutes later a group of three suite guests entered the lounge and proceeded to give the lounge a lesson on how suite guests consider shouting "f bombs" every five seconds is appropriate behavior. They were also thrown out and banned for the duration of the cruise. The next night four members of group one were back. It turns out they were the only ones actually staying in suites and they had brought 10 - 12 of their friends for free drinks and food. They bragged how they had gone to guest services and demanded to be let back into the lounge, after all they pay a lot more than the other people using the lounge and they were "entitled" to be there. Now if you apply the rule that one bad Pinnacle spoils the whole bunch, then the irrefutable conclusion is that all suite guests are trash with money. Excluding of course the Crown and Anchor suite guests that balance the scales for the riff raft. If you painted the whole group of suite guests with the broad brush used to demean Pinnacles then Royal would be better off converting theirs suites to stables to generate a classier, more well behaved clientele. I don't really think all suite guests are trash with money, I'm just sick of the insipient whiners attacking Pinnacles.

Edited by Royal2464

Can I just say please don't assume all millenials are a**es. I am saddened by my generation,I was raised to respect, work hard and earn my own way.

Point taken.

It does not apply to all members of ANY group. You clearly sound like an example of the best side of the Millennial coin. :)

Sadly this is the norm now with people in this country. I think the snowflake (millenial) generation is wearing off on others.

Given how vast a timespan given to millennials so far (those of age by 2000), you do realize that it's the later boomers or the kids of early boomers who created them, yes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This. Shame on anyone attempting to affix blame of this behavior on Millenials. In some ways just as wrong as the two cruiser's this thread is about. The blame for their behavior lays at the feet of the two suite lounge cruisers, NOT anyone else. It is what is & they are what they are.

Thank-you. I'm a Generation Y and Lisa is a Millennial and we would never dare act this way. Our 9 year old son is a "TBD" and he doesn't act this way either.

Bad behaviour is bad behaviour and it spans all generations.

Yes passengers really think they are superior. We had the Ben & Jerry's Sweet on Independence. We had to go to the concierge lounge to get our keys for the lounge. We had to knock to gain entry. Someone working with the concierge who were totally upset that the concierge couldn't get them a dining reservation when they wanted it told us that we couldn't access "this" lounge as it is only for "suite guests". I said I knew and needed to get our keys. He was totally rude to us. My husband only went once to the CL. I never set foot in it again. If that is how peeps are in the CL, I never want to go there.

You have posted this exactly-worded complaint on at least one other thread. Point taken, you don't care for the clientele in the Concierge Lounge.

Since this seems to be the day to discuss low life's and their behavior, allow me to share a personal experience. Shortly before the Allure was refurbished I had the displeasure to witness a group of disgusting suite guests during their finest hour. The incidents occurred on the same night in what was then the concierge lounge. Suite scenario 1. A group of 15 - 18 drunk and disorderly "suite guests" were behaving badly. Then the apparent leader of the repugnant group decided to do a live sex show for all to see. After the room was thoroughly disgusted by their behavior the concierges kicked the group out and banned them for the remainder of the cruise. About ten minutes later a group of three suite guests entered the lounge and proceeded to give the lounge a lesson on how suite guests consider shouting "f bombs" every five seconds is appropriate behavior. They were also thrown out and banned for the duration of the cruise. The next night four members of group one were back. It turns out they were the only ones actually staying in suites and they had brought 10 - 12 of their friends for free drinks and food. They bragged how they had gone to guest services and demanded to be let back into the lounge, after all they pay a lot more than the other people using the lounge and they were "entitled" to be there. Now if you apply the rule that one bad Pinnacle spoils the whole bunch, then the irrefutable conclusion is that all suite guests are trash with money. Excluding of course the Crown and Anchor suite guests that balance the scales for the riff raft. If you painted the whole group of suite guests with the broad brush used to demean Pinnacles then Royal would be better off converting theirs suites to stables to generate a classier, more well behaved clientele. I don't really think all suite guests are trash with money, I'm just sick of the insipient whiners attacking Pinnacles.

Agree. Thank you for your comments on this topic.

Edited by travelgoddess1

You have posted this exactly-worded complaint on at least one other thread. Point taken, you don't care for the clientele in the Concierge Lounge.

Clearly many people have experienced people in the lounge acting badly.

Im sorry that it seems to be "your group of people" But hey... why do you care? Although I do think it's funny that you repeadtedly come to the rescue of people you dont know merely because you all share the same Title. Ironic that you think you are so perfect and yet you name yourself "goddess"???? Interesting

It is no wonder why sometimes when encountering crew they don't seem to know if they should say hello or look down and not make eye contact. So I make it easy for them and say hi first. Almost always it is returned with a smile.

And to think this all started over a 4:30 AM cup of coffee.:rolleyes: <SIGH>

Thank-you. I'm a Generation Y and Lisa is a Millennial and we would never dare act this way. Our 9 year old son is a "TBD" and he doesn't act this way either.

Bad behaviour is bad behaviour and it spans all generations.

I'm confused, Gen Y and Millennial are the same. 1981 - 2000

Lots of names for Owens age group. Boomlets, Gen Z, and my fave Generation ADD

I'm confused, Gen Y and Millennial are the same. 1981 - 2000

Lots of names for Owens age group. Boomlets, Gen Z, and my fave Generation ADD

I just took it from this chart. Whatever the name is, it is not the way we behave no matter what group we are lumped into.

b73c5552717750a444be68a1876da8db.jpg

The rudest person I met on our last cruise vacation was an individual at the Detroit airport. He required assistance after debarking the plane from the flight before us. He was yelling at the person helping him and the Delta gate agent. Our pilot came to everyone's defence and the grumpy male baby boomer stormed off, faster than I could walk, while pushing his wheeled walker.

Grumpy is grumpy no matter one's age.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by A&L_Ont

We love going on cruises and we work very hard to save the money to go on our once a year cruise. We're diamond, but very seldom use the Diamond lounge because we usually have someone with us that wouldn't be allowed to go with us. We are the ones that look like every cruise is our first because we can't wipe the smile off our faces. We're still in awe of the ship, even if it's a ship we've been on 2 or three times before. We are taking lots of photos and wearing the dreaded lanyard. We are still amazed at the job the crew does to make our much anticipated vacation special. I'm always up early and would never think of admonishing anyone from the crew getting a cup of coffee. We listened, on our July cruise, to a table next to us with four young people (related) berate the waiter and asst waiter, the head waiter and complain about how the food was prepared...EVERY NIGHT. We were SO uncomfortable just listening to it that we almost stopped eating in the MDR. We made sure we told these folks what a great job they were doing and apologized for the rude foursome. We also sent cards to Royal mentioning the outstanding job these MDR folks did. They endured every insult with such grace. When I see some of the cabins, as I walk down the hall and the doors are open, I'm horrified for the cabin stewards. It says something about your character (or lack of) when you treat people in the service industry poorly. There's no excuse for not respecting them. None.

Grumpy is grumpy no matter one's age.

Well said sir.

By the way, ironically while just walking past the TV in another room...there was a "generational expert" (whatever the heck that really means...) stating that Millennials are defined as those currently between the ages of 18-33.

Clearly many people have experienced people in the lounge acting badly.

Im sorry that it seems to be "your group of people" But hey... why do you care? Although I do think it's funny that you repeadtedly come to the rescue of people you dont know merely because you all share the same Title. Ironic that you think you are so perfect and yet you name yourself "goddess"???? Interesting

Thank you for taking this to a personal level of attacking me. I decline to lower my bar to your level. Have a good day.

(Edited to add: apparently the concept of tongue in cheek is lost on some people.)

Edited by travelgoddess1