Royal $49 Picture Package

ltcal94

They are trying a new photo package on Royal this week where you can get all the photos you have taken for a flat $49 including digital copies on a memory stick they give you.

They are still working out the bugs in the system , so people should be a patient and just go with it . Consider that for the the price of a couple of 8x10 you can have almost unlimited amount of photos . I wish they would have had this on our past European cruise and I hope that guests instead of complaining as I some have because of the occasional waiting times they just appreciate what a great deal it is .

Thank you Princess for a great offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ltcal94

They are trying a new photo package on Royal this week where you can get all the photos you have taken for a flat $49 including digital copies on a memory stick they give you.

They are still working out the bugs in the system , so people should be a patient and just go with it . Consider that for the the price of a couple of 8x10 you can have almost unlimited amount of photos . I wish they would have had this on our past European cruise and I hope that guests instead of complaining as I some have because of the occasional waiting times they just appreciate what a great deal it is .

That's excellent news, thank you!! And what an outstanding price - especially in comparison to Royal Caribbean or Celebrity.

Thanks for sharing that - we'll definitely be looking into it for our holiday sailing on Royal!

PS: saw your ship in St Lucia yesterday, hope you enjoyed yourselves here!

That is a great offer. How many days is your cruise?

From what I understand, the $49 package was offered at the end of the cruise.

I didn't notice the package but I'll check later today.

If people knew about it at the start they would have dozens of photo's taken I suppose. Guess they've smartened up & got tired of throwing away hundreds of them in the garbage. ;)

They've just introduced the $49 package on the Royal lately which includes ALL the photo's taken during your cruise + digital files on a thumb drive. They told me that the others ships haven't started it yet but depending on how popular it is the program might spread to the other ships as well.

Sure beats the $20 per photo price I've seen for a few years now. :)

It took them long enough to realize throwing them away wasn't a great business decision. ;)

They had a similar deal on the Crown in Alaska - if I recall it was offered the last day and had a great selection of pictures of wildlife and nature taken by the ship photographers and activities on the ship. We bought it - don't recall the cost but was very reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I suspect they wouldn't announce the deal of the price till the end of the cruise other wise people would let them shoot hundreds of photo's during the trip. I didn't notice it until I read it on CC & skipped many photo opportunities.

This may kick back in their faces as more people expect the package to be announced and anticipate it.

If not they'll be printing thousands more pictures than they normally would.

that's an excellent deal. I just did a 7 day on the Regal and paid $199 for the package which I thought was a good deal, but I am on the Regal in June and don't think I could justify paying that much again, but would jump at the chance to pay $49! I took home 54 prints from the regal and the USB stick so really felt I got my money's worth.

There were some bugs at first on the cruise and some people were getting grumpy (one long line to get the thumbdrive and another long line to get the pictures) , but it seems that now that everyone has the thumbdrive everyone is happy. I kept reminding the vocal grumpy ones how much they were saving and that the pictures in their hand would normally be hundreds of dollars and not $49. There is one other observation I did make, they are not taking as many per sitting unless you ask . They are only doing 2-3 instead of the usual 4-5 unless you ask for more. This is only the second cruise they tried this on and I hope they get a lot of positive feedback.

Our current cruise is 10-day . Unfortunately we completed our last port of call yesterday in St Kitts and we are on our way back .

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for the info about the package deal. We are doing 20 days (B/B) on Royal on Dec.29 2016. Hope they continue to offer the great deal!