Drinks on suites?

zeppgirl

We are staying in a suite on the Jewel. Will we get free water and/or sodas/milk/juice? How does this work? Thanks!

Only if you are in an owners suite for bottled water and soda.

You get one bottle of water on embarkation.

You can ask the butler to deliver milk.

Was the Ultimate beverage package included when you bought your cruise? If so, then your cruise card will show you have that and basically, you go to any bar to get drinks. If your butler brings beverages to your suite, you will be charged for them, but if you present your card at any bar or at any restaurant you can get your drinks free, although you will be charged a 20% gratuity. Bottle water is not included. Milk and juice are included with breakfast, so ask your butler to bring some everyday and put it in your refrigerator if you want to have it later. Soda is included with the Ultimate beverage package. If it was not included when you bought your cruise, then you can still purchase it online at the NCL website.

If you are in a Garden Villa all beverages are included regardless of the Ultimate beverage package. If you are in an Owner's suite, everything in the mini bar is included as well as 3 bottles (your choice) of alcohol. All other suites get 1 bottle of sparkling wine and 1 bottle of water on embarkation and that's it as far as freebies outside of the Ultimate beverage package.

Was the Ultimate beverage package included when you bought your cruise? If so, then your cruise card will show you have that and basically, you go to any bar to get drinks. If your butler brings beverages to your suite, you will be charged for them, but if you present your card at any bar or at any restaurant you can get your drinks free, although you will be charged a 20% gratuity. e.

I'm puzzled by the 20% gratuity, I thought the service charge was included with the UBP when booking Haven? Has something changed in which they are now charging gratuity at time of order? When we last cruised Haven with UBP we were not charged anything additional at that time but would occasionally tip extra. Just want to understand how things are working now. Thanks!

I'm puzzled by the 20% gratuity, I thought the service charge was included with the UBP when booking Haven? Has something changed in which they are now charging gratuity at time of order? When we last cruised Haven with UBP we were not charged anything additional at that time but would occasionally tip extra. Just want to understand how things are working now. Thanks!

As far as I know there is no 20% gratuity fee on drinks for suites.

If you are in a Garden Villa all beverages are included regardless of the Ultimate beverage package. If you are in an Owner's suite, everything in the mini bar is included as well as 3 bottles (your choice) of alcohol.

If you are in the Garden Villa, is everything in the minibar included as well?

What all is in the mini bar?

It depends on what type of suite you are in as far as soda and bottled water being supplied free.

Butler serviced suites have juices, milk, teas (hot and cold), coffee and pitchers of water available 24/7

We are staying in a suite on the Jewel. Will we get free water and/or sodas/milk/juice? How does this work? Thanks!

When, and what ship, were you charged 20% for any drinks having the UBP?

When, and what ship, was your mini-bar included?

Juices, milk, coffee, and teas are available @ no charge 24/7 through your butler so no need to order at breakfast.

Was the Ultimate beverage package included when you bought your cruise? If so, then your cruise card will show you have that and basically, you go to any bar to get drinks. If your butler brings beverages to your suite, you will be charged for them, but if you present your card at any bar or at any restaurant you can get your drinks free, although you will be charged a 20% gratuity. Bottle water is not included. Milk and juice are included with breakfast, so ask your butler to bring some everyday and put it in your refrigerator if you want to have it later. Soda is included with the Ultimate beverage package. If it was not included when you bought your cruise, then you can still purchase it online at the NCL website.

If you are in a Garden Villa all beverages are included regardless of the Ultimate beverage package. If you are in an Owner's suite, everything in the mini bar is included as well as 3 bottles (your choice) of alcohol. All other suites get 1 bottle of sparkling wine and 1 bottle of water on embarkation and that's it as far as freebies outside of the Ultimate beverage package.

Is the Mini-Bar confused with the contents of the Mini-Fridge.

The Mini-Fridge has a couple cans of Pepsi maybe a Canada Dry Ginger ale

maybe an assortment of 8 airline miniature liquors a couple cans of beer

and a snack pack of peanuts and gummie bears - all extremely overpriced

with a uncertain shelf life of quality.

My plan for the Mini-Fridge is EMPTY it and have the cabin steward take it

away - then with the empty water bottles I bring on board have them filled

with filtered buffet water and keep cool water on hand refilling as necessary.

As I recall after a cabin crawl through the OS and DOS the Mini-Fridge is the

Mini-Bar - can't comment about the Garden or Haven cabins.

Another NCL money grabbing stunt !

OH AND WHEN DID IT GO FROM 18% TO 20% ?

Of course it is easier to compute 20% !

There is no gratuity or service charge on UBP purchases. For non-suite passengers there is a service charge on the UBP itself, but that doesn't apply to suite guests. Regardless, once you have the UBP you will not be charged anything per-drink (unless you are in a port with a local tax).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were in the Garden Villa on the Jade last March the only thing in the mini fridge were our requested mixers, garnishes and sodas.

There is no gratuity or service charge on UBP purchases. For non-suite passengers there is a service charge on the UBP itself, but that doesn't apply to suite guests. Regardless, once you have the UBP you will not be charged anything per-drink (unless you are in a port with a local tax).

Just a question regarding suite passenges. I was in a suite last year and paid around $84 in advance for it. Was this an error?

Lots of confusing and wrong info posted. OS, DOS, and GV if there is stuff in the mini-fridge other than the included bottled water and soda, it will be charged to you. From our experience there has been airplane size bottles of booze and candy. That is not included.

Just a question regarding suite passenges. I was in a suite last year and paid around $84 in advance for it. Was this an error?

If you upgraded to a suite, you still have to pay the service charge. If you book directly into a suite - full fare - then they waive the service charge.

Thank you all!

So I can bring some reusable water bottles (empty) onboard and should be able to get water during the day to put in that? Or at least at breakfast? We mostly drink water, not juices or anything else (other than coffee) and I'd hate to have to pay a bunch/waste water bottles, so a reusable water bottle would be best I think.

With the mini fridge, can I call and have them empty this before we board? If I do this, will I lose out on the free drinks? Or am misunderstanding? Do we have to pay for anything consumed from the fridge?

Thank you all!

So I can bring some reusable water bottles (empty) onboard and should be able to get water during the day to put in that? Or at least at breakfast? We mostly drink water, not juices or anything else (other than coffee) and I'd hate to have to pay a bunch/waste water bottles, so a reusable water bottle would be best I think.

With the mini fridge, can I call and have them empty this before we board? If I do this, will I lose out on the free drinks? Or am misunderstanding? Do we have to pay for anything consumed from the fridge?

just empty the fridge on arrival and tell your room steward....very easy.

Thank you all!

Yes. We do the reusable bottle every trip. Just bring one with a removeable top so you can refill at the buffet on the go without sanitation issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums