"First Night Done Right" - new promo

dplusd

Just saw this available in my cruise planner. $15.00/person for specialty dining the first night of the cruise. You select a time and they choose the restaurant, which may be modified once on board. It just showed up today and is available for both of my December B2B cruises. Here is the promo information from Royal's website.

Overview

Embark on a culinary journey with a reservation at one of our specialty restaurants on your first night and save 50%. Select your preferred time and number of guests, and a courtesy reservation will be made on your behalf. You'll receive confirmation of the restaurant chosen for you in your stateroom upon arrival. If you wish to amend to your reservation, you may do so at the hospitality desk or any specialty restaurant.

Helpful Tips

You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Just saw this available in my cruise planner. $15.00/person for specialty dining the first night of the cruise. You select a time and they choose the restaurant, which may be modified once on board. It just showed up today and is available for both of my December B2B cruises. Here is the promo information from Royal's website.

Overview

Embark on a culinary journey with a reservation at one of our specialty restaurants on your first night and save 50%. Select your preferred time and number of guests, and a courtesy reservation will be made on your behalf. You'll receive confirmation of the restaurant chosen for you in your stateroom upon arrival. If you wish to amend to your reservation, you may do so at the hospitality desk or any specialty restaurant.

Helpful Tips

You can make amendments or additional reservations on your first day onboard to guarantee preferred dining time and restaurants

Doesn't seem to be available on my December Harmony sailing, bummer :(

Navigator cruise on December 18th is showing a Buy one get one for the specialty restaurants priced at $40 Canadian per person. You get your choice of two specialty restaurants on the first two nights of the cruise. Price when factoring in exchange rate is probably very similar to the OP's $15 US price etc.

Apparently they choose or you choose the restaurants.

Something similar is showing up on my Feb. Brilliance cruise...2 nts for the price of 1...thinking about taking advantage of this..here is what the promo for my cruise is showing...and in my cruise planner it allowed me to choose the restaurant I wanted for the 1st night...

Experience two of our specialty restaurants for the price of one when you purchase the BOGO 2 Night Dining Package for your cruise vacation. Select your dining party and your preferred dining time and a courtesy dinner reservation will be made on your behalf once onboard in two specialty restaurants for the first two nights of your cruise. On Day 1, you will receive your reservations confirmation in your stateroom. If you would like to amend your dinner reservations, simply visit one of our Hospitality Desks or any specialty restaurant.

Kids ages 6-12 now dine at our specialty restaurants for a discounted price. Ages 5 and under eat free! Plus, little cruisers get their very own menu - a round-up of kid-friendly favorites from the "grownups" menu.

INSIDER TIPS

This offer requires dining on Days 1 and 2

Our staff can add your kids to your existing reservation at kids' prices once onboard

Additional Terms & Conditions apply.

Edited by kc320

Does anyone think RCI is really pushing the specialty dining lately?? Between the deals and the bad food in the MDR. Trying to make that extra $$$ ?

"Lately"...I think they have for awhile ;)

And I think the constant increase in pricing has turned a few of us off...maybe this is the reason it's more noticable now. :(

Does diminish the BOGO D+/PC benefit.[/quote

Certainly agree with your statement. Gradually Diamond Plus benefits are being taken away. Small bottles of wine for gift preferences gone, Concierge Lounges turning into Suite Lounges, what next?

It's showing up for my Feb BR cruise as well, but at $30 per person:eek: That's not so special!!

But that's for 2 nights...or it's supposed to be...I was really thinking about booking this...but don't want to miss sailing under the Skyline Bridge...not sure I'd be finished in time to get on deck & see it...

Edited by kc320

But that's for 2 nights...or it's supposed to be...I was really thinking about booking this...but don't want to miss sailing under the Skyline Bridge...not sure I'd be finished in time to get on deck & see it...

I liked it when I thought it was $15 pp- We could used our BOGO coupons for the first 2 nights and pay around the same thing ($60)

I see at the bottom is says "Kids pricing is not available for this product, kids will pay full price as advertised in the product." They aren't really going to charge my 1 year old $15 at a specialty restaurant I hope.

I believe children under 3 are free at specialty restaurants.

I believe children under 3 are free at specialty restaurants.

Just looking at a normal Sabor reservation, it says:

Kids 5 and under eat for free.

Kids 6-12 years old eat for less. Ask about our kids specialty dining prices onboard.

So with this promotion are we assuming 5 and under are still free, but they won't discount the 6-12 year olds?

If under 5 are free, do I just not select them when I make the reservation and just bring them along?

Edited by Cam Dizzle