Gianni Dotti

duct tape

Sad news. Evidently, Gianni had a heart attack yesterday and died. R.I.P. A very nice, kind, fun guy. He will be missed! I wasn't sure if I should post this but he was loved by so many. I just wanted people who cared, to know.

Yes, really sad news on Gianni's passing. We had only one opportunity to sail with him, but it was such a super, positive experience!! He was a TRUE PROFESSIONAL!! Very skilled and knowledgeable. It was on our first sailing with Silversea, July 2010. We had several chance to interact with him and he was so on top of the details, focused on great customer service, etc. At dinner with him and others, we learned that he had attended Cornell's top-rated school of hospitality. Below are a couple of pictures that I had posted from our 2010 live/blog from this sailing. Does anyone know if his son is still a chef and/or working for Silversea?

This is a real loss! You really remember interacting with an individual so highly productive and classy.

THANKS! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 206,146 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is Hotel Manager Gianni Dotti (left) with passenger Sharon Feldman and Hotel Director Jimmy Kovel on the steps of the main staircase of the Silver Cloud during our 2010 Norway cruise.:

CloudTopStaff.jpg

As we were docking in Bergen, here was the “LAST BREAKFAST” for super Hotel Director Gianni Dotti (right) as he was back in civilian clothes and ready to fly out that morning for his son’s Saturday wedding near Mexico City. Also pictured, going towards the left is Captian Mino Pontillo, new Hotel Director Giuseppe Bagnato and the employee relations manager.:

CloudHotelDirChaning.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Duct tape - You were quite right to let the Silversea Family know of the passing of Gianni. We have come to know him and his family over the Years and are so sorry to feel that we will not experience his inimitable style again.

Gianni was the epitome of a ' Hands On ' Manager whilst retaining a huge amount of respect from his Staff - From a Guest perspective he was always so keen to ensure that everyone received the best Service - he will be sorely missed.

We send our kindest thoughts to Natalia & Riccardo at this sad time.

Edited by Mayflower1

As everyone says Gianni was the epitome of a professional person, who was loved not only by all us passengers, but was also highly respected by all his staff. A brilliant Hotel Director, an extremely kind. amusing, considerate man and we will not see his like again.

My sincerest condolences to his family.

Master Echo

We spent many, many days with Gianni, and he was our favorite. Every time we cruised with him, he made me be his asst for his cooking challenge.

When we were looking for a villa to rent in Tuscany, he took it upon himself to research properties for us.

He was a wonderful, fun-loving host.

He had been through so much and survived. We will miss him.

Our condolences to his family, and especially his wonderful son the chef on Silversea.