Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Well that’s their story and they are sticking to it.�� (both reps had the same story).

She did say that they needed a week to do it and there might be something going on from 11/27-12/1 (I think I had heard that was a TA/VIP group onboard then). I would rather they have the time to fix issues that they find in that week and a half, so am happy to wait until 12/1. :)

I was booked for NOV 24th. They offered me my choice of one of two cruises the first week of December.

Usually the cruise lines allow VIP's and TA's to see and inspect the ships before the first revenue cruises. The naming ceremony would also take place then as well. I'm sure X has given their agents “talking points” to use regardless of the real reasons why the first cruises were canceled. 😉

There´s a gab inbetween the Dec 1st and Dec 6th cruise as both are only 3 nights. So I assume there´s a pre inaugural Dec 4th-6th and pretty likely the naming ceremony.

steamboats

There´s a gab inbetween the Dec 1st and Dec 6th cruise as both are only 3 nights. So I assume there´s a pre inaugural Dec 4th-6th and pretty likely the naming ceremony.

steamboats

If that is their plan, I wonder if I will be invited, since I will have those 2 days in between cruises in FLL waiting to reboard? ;)

steamboats

I try not to assume anything. 😊

The naming ceremony normally takes place before the first revenue cruises, as that is when the ship is christened, officially named and blessed. This is keeping with tradition to ensure the ship, her crew and her passengers will always be protected. You are correct that Zenith's, the Media, VIP's, TA's, and corporate officers would be invited. It would be odd for revenue cruises to occur before the Edge is officially christened.

But until the official announcement by X, it's anyone’s best guess when all this will happen.

C-Dragons,

Hmm, I can name you instantly a number of brand new cruise ships which are on revenue cruises and not yet named... And don´t worry I have attended naming ceremonies (including Silhouette or Anthem of the Seas). So as an example currently not christened are:

Symphony of the Seas - spending a whole Med season and will be named in Miami in November

Carnival Horizon - spending some Med cruises and then TA and naming ceremony

Norwegian Bliss - o.k., not yet in service, but there´s the TA starting April 21st and then the cruises to Seattle including a Panama Canal cruise followed by the naming ceremony in Seattle by the end of May

Even the Italians (MSC) have broken with this tradition. The MSC Seaside had her trans cruise from Trieste to Miami where she was christened.

The Harmony of the Seas also spent the whole summer season in the Med and then was christened in Fort Lauderdale.

So in those days it´s definitely not odd to have revenue cruises prior to the christening / naming ceremony.

steamboats

C-Dragons,

Hmm, I can name you instantly a number of brand new cruise ships which are on revenue cruises and not yet named... And don´t worry I have attended naming ceremonies (including Silhouette or Anthem of the Seas).

So in those days it´s definitely not odd to have revenue cruises prior to the christening / naming ceremony.

steamboats

steamboats,

Hmm, don't know why would I worry about you attending naming ceremonies...

And I didn’t say it was odd, I said they normally happen before the first revenue cruises.

Perhaps Lloyd will have some new photos soon and we can get back on topic. 😊

I may have missed this as I just started watching this thread, but what is with the bow of this ship, looks like the rear end. never saw the front of any ship that looked like this.

It's a “new” design for the Edge class. Actually, if you like at pictures of the Titanic the bow looks very similar to that of the Edge.

The issue here may be the fact that they are building a new terminal for Edge in Ft Lauderdale.

Very True. In January on our Equinox cruise we saw the new terminal. Lots to do. We got bumped off a cruise in Nov also. Moved to December but NOT happy not to have the cabin I booked the hour they opened booking for my sailing. So I would be paying the same for less cabin. I had a cruise cancelled 2 yrs ago by Celebrity for a charter after a year of being booked. I better not hear it is another charter or TA reason for our cancellation.

Very True. In January on our Equinox cruise we saw the new terminal. Lots to do. We got bumped off a cruise in Nov also. Moved to December but NOT happy not to have the cabin I booked the hour they opened booking for my sailing. So I would be paying the same for less cabin. I had a cruise cancelled 2 yrs ago by Celebrity for a charter after a year of being booked. I better not hear it is another charter or TA reason for our cancellation.

We also got bumped from our march 2018 cruise. Not good Celebrity. Had to pay significantly more to move to jan. Not nice Celebrity!

Who is Ed?

9dd7000e6fb0a5af448e526ce1cd7e6f.jpg

Thanks for the laugh Tommy3putts ! ...

Celebrity EDge

Maybe Mister Ed would make it as the Godfather of the Ship?

Sorry; most likely cryptic humor lost on the majority.:p

Edited by $hip$hape

Celebrity EDge

Maybe Mister Ed would make it as the Godfather of the ship?

Sorry; most likely humor lost on the majority.:p

If they've made Mister Ed a Godfather...

It was a spur of the moment decision.

I don't think that he's very stable.

RCI is going to be saddled with questions about this.

I'll stop now. Time to rein it in. [emoji206][emoji206][emoji206]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

If they've made Mister Ed a Godfather...

It was a spur of the moment decision.

I don't think that he's very stable.

RCI is going to be saddled with questions about this.

I'll stop now. Time to rein it in. [emoji206][emoji206][emoji206]

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

He’s a shoe in!

Celebrity could make hay out of the opportunity.

Especially the photo ops in the bridal suite on board

Or visit Stirrup Cay.

You’d just have to be careful how you manure-verd around.