Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

51 minutes ago, Nemanoxer said:

This ain´t NCC 1701 F, this ain´t the new Starfleet Flag Ship. It´s just another new cruise ship with a whole bunch of new ideas - ideas that will be surpassed by others within three to five years.

This is just another cruise ship where, after the hype is over, we will be hovering through the buffet restaurant every morning, competing with hundreds of others, trying to get the best bite (which is why I will stop doing big ships after my 1st December Edge cruise).

BUT APART FROM THAT, I am really enthusiastic about the pictures I see, about the style I seem to be getting, about the overall feel that I can empathize by now, reading all the details and knowing some of the on board live musicians.

And, besides all of that, I got myself a pretty good deal, so I shall not hang my hopes over the top.

Edge will have a hard time trying to satisfy my wishes as she has to catch up with a 2012 Equinox experience (all other Celebrity experiences after that were mediocre). But I am in some hope she can do that. At least in the very beginning.  

on what deck did the magic carpet go to in the late mornings on the NCC 1701 F?

Host Jazzbeau, comparing the two photos in your post, I think it is the same paneling that was in Summit, though some panels may be arranged differently. Though the lighting & viewing angle differs between the two photos, I can discern the same elements in both. It’s possible they’re not exactly the same if some panels were damaged during removal from Summit.

Edited by Silkroad

3 hours ago, Tony UK said:

I'm a little disappointed to read some of the comments on this board. The ship isnt properly or fully dressed yet. I know people have different tastes and opinions, however it would be nice to hold the negativity until the ship sails for real with paying passengers and we can see the real offer on board and hear their cruise accounts.

I for one like what I see so far, I like the changes in dining, i like modern and innovative art....i wont like everything of course but I will wait to see it for myself.

Mr. t - be disappointed NOT! It is the way of the Sufi, some will know right away, others not at all... Some will progress towards Nirvana, others will retreat.

Know in your mind what is what and others will join with you in this knowledge and be happy, fully.

We can only appreciate the differences and continue to look forward to what this new vessel has to offer or not, in its' reality and ours...

bon voyage

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nemanoxer said:

This ain´t NCC 1701 F, this ain´t the new Starfleet Flag Ship. It´s just another new cruise ship with a whole bunch of new ideas - ideas that will be surpassed by others within three to five years.

This is just another cruise ship where, after the hype is over, we will be hovering through the buffet restaurant every morning, competing with hundreds of others, trying to get the best bite (which is why I will stop doing big ships after my 1st December Edge cruise).

BUT APART FROM THAT, I am really enthusiastic about the pictures I see, about the style I seem to be getting, about the overall feel that I can empathize by now, reading all the details and knowing some of the on board live musicians.

And, besides all of that, I got myself a pretty good deal, so I shall not hang my hopes over the top.

Edge will have a hard time trying to satisfy my wishes as she has to catch up with a 2012 Equinox experience (all other Celebrity experiences after that were mediocre). But I am in some hope she can do that. At least in the very beginning.  

n - I Am thinking you will have the fever once you dis-embark! 😉

bon voyage

16 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Host Jazzbeau, comparing the two photos in your post, I think it is the same paneling that was in Summit, though some panels may be arranged differently. Though the lighting & viewing angle differs between the two photos, I can discern the same elements in both. It’s possible they’re not exactly the same if some panels were damaged during removal from Summit.

I agree with you.  Here is a different view of the Summit paneling without people in front of it.  It has definitely been cut up to make it look different.

CanNE_Ship_IMG_7102.jpg.f19e6fcbd45c6dce07dd323af5d7b68e.jpg

9 hours ago, marylander2 said:

However, on a serious side, I believe that installing IV panels/sashes instead of the normal balcony doors is a gimmick and it will eventually cause Celebrity trouble... I mentioned here a while back that for sure there will be malfunctions of the sashes (not closing completely or getting stuck at some height) - maybe not immediately, not frequently, but there will be some. It is hard to expect that all these motor-driven panels will function flawlessly for years of operation.

They should have a manual override allowing to at least seal the windows. Imagine if you have that thing in your room stuck, and the ship is in the open sea, and there is rain+wind... Changing stateroom (if they have a spare) is the least of the troubles in this case.

Actually, from what I read the windows can be closed from the bridge if weather conditions are such. Also if you touch the window or area near the railing the window stops moving... to prevent injury. Now I don't know what happens if captain raises window while a passenger is leaning out... but I suspect it won't go up for the same reason.

4 hours ago, Tony UK said:

I'm a little disappointed to read some of the comments on this board. The ship isnt properly or fully dressed yet. I know people have different tastes and opinions, however it would be nice to hold the negativity until the ship sails for real with paying passengers and we can see the real offer on board and hear their cruise accounts.

I for one like what I see so far, I like the changes in dining, i like modern and innovative art....i wont like everything of course but I will wait to see it for myself.

True!  I can't wait to get onboard. 🙂 And I am enjoying all the photos.  The horse is beautiful!

Would love to see some of the AQ, or even the standard Infinite staterooms from the inside.

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Normandie  - I can't wait to see that restaurant!

"Normandie Restaurant

With ties to our elegant Murano specialty restaurant on many of our ships and a nostalgic nod to Celebrity Summit® (wooden panels from the ship are incorporated into the design), Normandie Restaurant features contemporary French cuisine in a modern, upscale, refined space that evokes the romance of springtime in Paris."

image.png.0708814dfea5577831939d8f39cdc960.png

I wonder if they are going to have a contest to see if we can put these panels in the correct order, so the people's legs are under them, not down the row, etc.  This looks like the ending of a bad horror movie with chainsaws, machetes, etc.  And, yes, I know it is art.  I am sure they are beautiful in person, but they just look jumbled up and misplaced.  Sorry.

29 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I wonder if they are going to have a contest to see if we can put these panels in the correct order, so the people's legs are under them, not down the row, etc.  This looks like the ending of a bad horror movie with chainsaws, machetes, etc.  And, yes, I know it is art.  I am sure they are beautiful in person, but they just look jumbled up and misplaced.  Sorry.

Could not edit, so here is my follow-up to this post:

Somehow the posts from everyone about these panels, and the photos of the panels from the Summit did not show up before I posted, so my comments are probably not as meaningful as originally meant.  However, I still think they would look better in the correct order, even with damaged ones, which I am sure X can afford to have repaired/restored.  Changing art from classical to contemporary is not always a good idea.

Esprit, the next time you communicate with Valentina and your SIL, please let them know that we are all concerned about how things are going for them out there on the high seas (literally!) and ask her how Mr. Edge is doing out there on the Atlantic?  I bet there are lots of us who are concerned for their well-being.  And maybe she can find out where our unofficial mascot will reside permanently.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That's what I wondered. I am going to have a t-shirt made with this picture - hope it comes in time!

Jim_Iain is writing a great live review from Silhouette. I think I'll pop over there to see if he's posted their current location or similar photos.

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

That's what I wondered. I am going to have a t-shirt made with this picture - hope it comes in time!

I wonder if you can get the lettering out of the photo... or maybe find a different source for the pic without the writing?  Other than that, it would make a wonderful t-shirt!  A very good item for the dockside pop-up store !  Or maybe put it on a coffee mug? At the very least, a postcard would be good.

2 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I wonder if you can get the lettering out of the photo... or maybe find a different source for the pic without the writing?  Other than that, it would make a wonderful t-shirt!  A very good item for the dockside pop-up store !  Or maybe put it on a coffee mug? At the very least, a postcard would be good.

I like the way you think! I should let you help run the store.

I will order a mug too and mouse pad and maybe some postcards and maybe...... :classic_smile:

12 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Esprit, the next time you communicate with Valentina and your SIL, please let them know that we are all concerned about how things are going for them out there on the high seas (literally!) and ask her how Mr. Edge is doing out there on the Atlantic?  I bet there are lots of us who are concerned for their well-being.  And maybe she can find out where our unofficial mascot will reside permanently.  

And the polar bear, please make sure he is well! :classic_smile:

• Like 1

Just now, vtcruising said:

I like the way you think! I should let you help run the store.

I will order a mug too and mouse pad and maybe some postcards and maybe...... :classic_smile:

Oooooh, I would be honored to assist you in your mercantile efforts!  And, let's face it, if I were to be there to help, you could leave the store earlier and start exploring and enjoying our wonderful Edge without worrying about your profits getting deep-sixed, or losing precious Edge Time, since I am not sailing on any of those early voyages.  You do realize, of course, that most of us will be living our Edgie Dreams vicariously through you?  We need more Edge Time for you so you can pass all the oohs and ahhs on more quickly to us unfortunate land lubbers.  Just sayin'.....

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

And the polar bear, please make sure he is well! :classic_smile:

Also the wee penguin, and Lloyd's puppy 😊  Following all that exertion, they should probably check out both the Eden and Sunset bars to be certain everything is still running smoothly wink,wink, nudge, nudge, say no more....