Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

On 11/3/2018 at 8:11 AM, C-Dragons said:

I'm not sure how I feel about Eden. It looks like a hodge podge to me. So many different decorative styles that don't appear to have any connection or cohesiveness. It also seems a little “cold”. I guess my expectations of an “Eden” are something entirely different. Different stokes for different folks.

I could not agree more. I have been looking forward to the completion of the Edge for some time now and I must say  that some of the elements appear to be most disappointing. I will however keep and open mind till our March voyage. It appears however, that this is definitely not the Celebrity that we have known over the years.

Charles

6 hours ago, ChazR said:

I could not agree more. I have been looking forward to the completion of the Edge for some time now and I must say  that some of the elements appear to be most disappointing. I will however keep and open mind till our March voyage. It appears however, that this is definitely not the Celebrity that we have known over the years.

Charles

I agree but if the service and dining quality is at a high level, I think we can all find  places and activities to enjoy...some traditional and some of the new .  The theater looks awesome...hope shows there measure up...

EDEN  space for us will only be attractive during quiet times....and not too sure about our enclosed AQ class  Veranda with window...Glad we have a SV booked for a later cruise,,

Ok, not to sound panicky or anything, (well ok, maybe a little) on myshiptracking.com it shows that she has not changed in over 12, almost 13, hours.  Where IS she?   Does anyone else see this, or am I on the Edge of having a computer meltdown?  This used to happen when I was watching on the ShipSpotting.com Live AIS ship tracking app, but I figured it was them, not her.  Now I am not too sure.  :classic_sad:

UPDATE:

I FOUND HER!  Well, at least now I can see where she is, which is off the coast of Spain, tracking just behind Silhouette, who is now SW of her.  I gave up on the two tracking apps I was using, and tried vesselfinder.com, and Voila! There she is!  

I hope the weather is not too horrible for our ladies, and they they both have a safe voyage.

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 1

On MarineTraffic.com it shows updated about 5 minutes ago just off the coast of spain

I think it depends on where the different sites get their data from and if it is satellite based or radio based

2 minutes ago, pl281 said:

On MarineTraffic.com it shows updated about 5 minutes ago just off the coast of spain

I think it depends on where the different sites get their data from and if it is satellite based or radio based

Thanks!  I appreciate the info.  I am glad she is ok.

44 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Thanks!  I appreciate the info.  I am glad she is ok.

I hope Peter will be able to keep us updated through Valentina. I must say I woke up in the night wondering how the Edge and her crew were doing in the rough waters (and hoping they had secured Mr. Edge very well and I even worried about the polar bear for a minute :classic_smile:).  Luckily, the Edge has one of the best Masters (and other officers that are cream of the crop) so I was able to sleep well, knowing the Edge and her crew were in good hands.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Here is another great video of Edge departing the ship yard earlier today. Lots of closeup shots and lots of horn blowing.

Video Courtesy - jacques quintana

Thank you. 

Thank you for finding and posting that video. My heart was racing with excitement as they guided her out.

I am still trying to find a vantage point to view her arrival at Port Everglades. This state park opposite T25 may not be the place.

Here is a great picture of the aft stairway and pendulum - it looks gorgeous!

image.png.1201667eb75bfa408c777ba8374276d7.png

Here is the first picture that I have seen of the Edge wake (posted by someone onboard). This will be the view for those of us in the SV's and aft S1's and from any aft venues!

image.thumb.png.f6742f15956bf320ac5474442735517f.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Thank you for finding and posting that video. My heart was racing with excitement as they guided her out.

I am still trying to find a vantage point to view her arrival at Port Everglades. This state park opposite T25 may not be the place.

Because I am on the West Coast, I do not have first-hand information, so would you please tell me why you think the State Park would not be good?  If I have the opportunity to do so, I would love to drive over to see her arrive, and thought of the park as a good place.  If I need to find an alternative, it would be so much easier to know beforehand.  Thanks for any info you care to pass on.

~Barbara~

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I hope Peter will be able to keep us updated through Valentina. I must say I woke up in the night wondering how the Edge and her crew were doing in the rough waters (and hoping they had secured Mr. Edge very well and I even worried about the polar bear for a minute :classic_smile:).  Luckily, the Edge has one of the best Masters (and other officers that are cream of the crop) so I was able to sleep well, knowing the Edge and her crew were in good hands.

What other ships did this captain sail?

6 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

Because I am on the West Coast, I do not have first-hand information, so would you please tell me why you think the State Park would not be good?  If I have the opportunity to do so, I would love to drive over to see her arrive, and thought of the park as a good place.  If I need to find an alternative, it would be so much easier to know beforehand.  Thanks for any info you care to pass on.

~Barbara~

Hi Barbara, On the map it looks like the perfect location as the state park is opposite the terminal. But I read on a review that the view is blocked by the mangroves in the park. My friend, who is also going on the preview cruise, said the jetty that was a good viewing spot has been closed since last's years hurricane. He recommended going to the beach behind the Points of America condo. I am going to try to do some exploration today when I go to the gym which is off of SE 17th Street. Will post here when I figure it out. Mark :classic_smile: 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

Hi Barbara, On the map it looks like the perfect location as the state park is opposite the terminal. But I read on a review that the view is blocked by the mangroves in the park. My friend, who is also going on the preview cruise, said the jetty that was a good viewing spot has been closed since last's years hurricane. He recommended going to the beach behind the Points of America condo. I am going to try to do some exploration today when I go to the gym which is off of SE 17th Street. Will post here when I figure it out. Mark :classic_smile: 

That would be great to know.  I was planning on going to the park.  

32 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Here is a great picture of the aft stairway and pendulum - it looks gorgeous!

image.png.1201667eb75bfa408c777ba8374276d7.png

Here is the first picture that I have seen of the Edge wake (posted by someone onboard). This will be the view for those of us in the SV's and aft S1's and from any aft venues!

image.thumb.png.f6742f15956bf320ac5474442735517f.png

This will be our view for a transatlantic in an S1. Thanks for posting.

9 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Thanks to everyone for sharing those excellent photos, screen shots and videos of The Edge.

Remember , Eden was a garden and in a garden their must be wild life and a forest. 

Now you know why the horse and the polar bear went in to the Eden Bar... 😉

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaWatch12 said:

We always wave to folks at the condo area as EDGE leaves port but not sure about arrival.

There was also an area near 17th St .but it ws a bit of a walk to get there as I recall..we never went . East Coast dep board may have other ideas..

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

But wait! Is that a small penguin I see swimming after the Edge? I think I see his little head in that photo of the wake....

Oh, she's there. She just couldn't fit on the IV with 3 others out there!  :classic_wink:🐧🐼🦋🐎

Edited by vtcruising
  • Haha 2