Why is there such an issue with Navigator embarkation in Miami?

We received an email regarding arrival times. Embarkation was the absolute worst we had ever experienced. Speaking with crew, Royal was aware they would be at the make-shift terminal. The fire department arrived and had to reassemble the line of people -the terminal staff seemed clueless. I was most upset the way the elderly had to stand in line for hours and there were no restroom facilities.

We have sailed 6 times on the Navigator before and loved everything about her; however this sailing has definitely darkened our view. The crew seemed unhappy-I am almost positive the complaining of a lot of folks the first day set that tone. Unfortunately, it continued on throughout the cruise with running out of food items.

Having said that about the 11/27 sailing, we are on the 2nd leg of our B2B and the tone on the ship is much more like I remembered.

Below is part of the noticed we received.

"Please note that the embarkation facilities on Sunday are limited in space, and these appointment times streamline the guest arrival times to avoid delays at check-in:

12:00 PM to 12:30 PM = Deck 12

12:00 PM to 12:30 PM = Deck 10 ...."

11/27 you had 6 ships in port

Do you think it would have helped with the crowds had others followed the "ask" from Royal?

I wonder what parking would be like for those that board late?

And thank you for responding

Edited by troykahack

11/27 you had 6 ships in port

Do you think it would have helped with the crowds had others followed the "ask" from Royal?

I wonder what parking would be like for those that board late?

And thank you for responding

My opinion that it wouldn't have helped. Folks were still disembarking after 11. I think the space at that terminal is just too small for Navigator's size.

We embark Navigator on 2/12/16 in Miami. A little concerned because there are 6 six ships scheduled to leave Miami that day. Hoping Navigator doesn't get pushed to the "tent" again!

Does anyone know when terminal assignments are made?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Wrh2016

Thank you for your reply. Wow, you had 6 ships in port that cruise.

I'm sailing the Navi this Friday and there's a total of 4 ships in port. I'm hoping this means ZERO chance of being stuck at the makeshift terminal.

Edited by sdbmd

We embark Navigator on 2/12/16 in Miami. A little concerned because there are 6 six ships scheduled to leave Miami that day. Hoping Navigator doesn't get pushed to the "tent" again!

I hope you meant to write 2017 and not 2116 as that cruise has been over for quite some time.

Being Navigator is the only RCCL ship in that day it will most likely be at the RCCL terminal G, the first terminal or the one closest to Miami downtown.

Celebrity Silhouette was in with Navigator on Nov.27th and it was assigned that terminal.

I wouldn't take a 10:30 flight out.

On Serenade, we were on time to port, but it was raining. There was about an hour delay. We had CL walkoff, it too was delayed, due to baggage issues.

Just before the CL got the call to walk us off, Royal called for the first disembarkation. Their bags were not all there yet.

We had a smooth walk off but now there was a crowed. They wouldn't let them down to the bags, so we had a traffic jam of people. We still had our Gold cards and they got us out of line and let us go down to our bags.

FLL is the only port that allows one to use the Mobile APP. But, if you buy more than $800 worth of stuff, it is useless. We had to end up going thru the declaration line.

As far as Global Entry, now sure.

What about if we disembark with our own luggage.

I sailed on the Nav on 11/27. We did not arrive at the port until a little after noon. After dropping our bags we were told to park in Garage C. Since my friend and I both have COPD we couldn't walk that far with carryons.

So then we were told to park in Garage G, which is across the the street fom the terminal we were supposed to use. We waited almost an hour for the shuttle back to ship.

Then we stood in a long line outside for 2 1/2 hours. No place to sit down, no toilet facilities. They did give us ice water. This was the most horrendous boarding in 38 cruises. We were given a lot of misinformation.

Once onboard I was very disappointed in the cruise. The menus had changed and were not very appealing. Entertainment was lackluster with the execption of the ice show and the last night.

I'll still sail Royal but not on the Navigator and preferably not out of Miami.

I had the same experience..no fun at all. It was hot, we were not offered water until we reached the tent after 2 hours in the sun.

It was the worst cruise I ever have been on... got worse day by day

According to Cruisett, there are only 5 ships scheduled in Miami for that day. Hopefully that improves our chances of getting a regular terminal.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/426-Miami_Florida/February_2017/

According to Cruisett, there are only 5 ships scheduled in Miami for that day. Hopefully that improves our chances of getting a regular terminal.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/426-Miami_Florida/February_2017/

Cruisetimetable.com shows AID Avita is in also and that ship doesn't appear on Cruisett's list.

Gp to

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/frommiamiflorida-12feb2017.html

I also used the cruisetimetable site and it has 6 ships including Navigator. Yes, thanks robtulip. I did mean 2017. :) I hope you are right and since it is the only RCI ship in port that day, it will get the designated terminal. Fingers crossed!

I also used the cruisetimetable site and it has 6 ships including Navigator. Yes, thanks robtulip. I did mean 2017. :) I hope you are right and since it is the only RCI ship in port that day, it will get the designated terminal. Fingers crossed!

We'll be on that sailing as well Wrh2016. :D We have a roll call thread if you'd like to chat and share port plans. There won't be a formal Meet & Mingle, but we are planning to meet up once onboard. :D Nice folks!

The link is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314072

We look forward to seeing you onboard!

~Patti :)

Any idea when the new terminal will be ready? We're sailing 3/17/17 and there are 5 ships in Miami that day, including Enchantment. It seems the smaller ship would be better served by a makeshift terminal than the bigger one.

We boarded Enchantment and there were 5 ships in Port and no tent. I am not sure which ship would get priority

Edited by troykahack

I sailed on the Nav on 11/27. We did not arrive at the port until a little after noon. After dropping our bags we were told to park in Garage C. Since my friend and I both have COPD we couldn't walk that far with carryons.

So then we were told to park in Garage G, which is across the the street fom the terminal we were supposed to use. We waited almost an hour for the shuttlee back to ship.

Then we stood in a long line outside for 2 1/2 hours. No place to sit down, no toilet facilities. They did give us ice water. This was the most horrendous boarding in 38 cruises. We were given a lot of misinformation.

Once onboard I was very disappointed in the cruise. The menus had changed and were not very appealing. Entertainment was lackluster with the execption of the ice show and the last night.

I'll still sail Royal but not on the Navigator and preferably not out of Miami.

Hi Judy!! I'm sorry you were in that awful line!! We got lucky as we got to the port early and waited awhile in line but we're on the ship and eating lunch by 12:30. Had we not arrived early we would have been in that line too. I too was not impressed with the main dining room food. We found more variety at the windjammer most nights. The ice show was great. I loved the ship. We had a great time.

We'll be on that sailing as well Wrh2016. :D We have a roll call thread if you'd like to chat and share port plans. There won't be a formal Meet & Mingle, but we are planning to meet up once onboard. :D Nice folks!

The link is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2314072

We look forward to seeing you onboard!

~Patti :)

Thanks Patti! I will sign up. We would love to meet everyone!

Any idea when the new terminal will be ready? We're sailing 3/17/17 and there are 5 ships in Miami that day, including Enchantment. It seems the smaller ship would be better served by a makeshift terminal than the bigger one.

They were saying late 2018 for the new terminal.

I agree it would be better to affect the fewest number of people if someone has to be affected. It seems they don't do that though and use a priority system instead.

Happened to look at my cruise docs for next month and page 3 says:

Dear Navigator of the Seas Guest,

We, at Royal Caribbean International, want your vacation to get off on a wonderful start and in order to facilitate your checkin process, suggest that you arrive at the Cruise Terminal*in Miami according to the following designated times. This will help ensure a smooth embarkation experience so that you can begin your vacation as soon as possible:

Deck 12 Between 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM

Deck 10 Between 11:30 AM and 12:00 PM

Deck 9 Between 12:00 PM and 12:45 PM

Deck 8 Between 12:45 PM and 1:45 PM

Deck 7 Between 1:45 PM and 2:45 PM

Deck 6 Between 2:45 PM and 3:30 PM

Deck 3 Between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM

Deck 2 Between 3:30 PM and 4:00 PM

Guests staying with us in a Suite, as well as our loyal Crown and Anchor Members and guests arriving by air on 03 JAN 2017

are invited to check in at their leisure between 11:30 PM and 4:00 PM

Troy?

Edited by Biker19