Cancelled My Silhouette Cruise

richstowe

Just cancelled my Silhouette cruise . No it's not a protest due to any Celebrity policy .

DW just felt we have had enough cruises in the last 5 years and its time for an AI vacation .

She's nuts right ?! ;) Kidding of course . I (eventually) had to agree but it is hard .

I know we will have a blast in Puerto Plata but still grieving . Haven't been able to

eliminate this cruise from my signature yet . It would have been our first Solstice class cruise .

So in the words of my rotten kids , this is a first world problem , yet cancelling was tough .

Sorry to unload but I figured if anyone would empathize it would be here on CC .

thanks

I am not so so broken up but still a little sad . This is therapy .

Edited by richstowe

Just cancelled my Silhouette cruise . No it's not a protest due to any Celebrity policy .

DW just felt we have had enough cruises in the last 5 years and its time for an AI vacation .

She's nuts right ?! ;) Kidding of course . I (eventually) had to agree but it is hard .

I know we will have a blast in Puerto Plata but still grieving . Haven't been able to

eliminate this cruise from my signature yet . It would have been our first Solstice class cruise .

So in the words of my rotten kids , this is a first world problem , yet cancelling was tough .

Sorry to unload but I figured if anyone would empathize it would be here on CC .

thanks

You will be back to a cruise, it's the best deal.

thanks

Well, it is too late now but if this situation ever arises again, keep this script in mind: "Darling, love of my life, center of my universe, I am so happy you have found an AI vacation that will tickle your fancy, float your boat (oops, maybe not that!) and generally add to your contentment. While you are there, I will be on the Silhouette and when we each get back we will have great stories to tell one another and experiences to share!"

I empathize and sympathize. If you are in a place with good wifi you can spend all of this otherwise wasted AI time doing web research on possible future cruises...

Stan

Tweetylori, AI is All Inclusive.... a land based resort much like a cruise ship, ALL Inclusive.

Thank you, I was unfamiliar with that abbreviation. Well, isn't a cruise like an AI? Actually like MANY AI's, depending on how many port stops there are? ;)

We have always enjoyed a range of holidays including touring, AI and of course cruising...

The problem with touring is you come back exhausted and need a holiday...

The problem with AI is after a few days you become fed up but it seems silly to go somewhere else after paying all that money for AI...

The problem with cruising is the more you do it the more you want to do it!

Richstowe I feel for you...with any luck your wife will remember at your AI resort just how great cruising is!

Tweetylori, AI is All Inclusive.... a land based resort much like a cruise ship, ALL Inclusive.

We live in South Georgia on an island with a beach, so we never travel to go to the beach.

All inclusive has its benefits, but you are stuck in one place. I understand if you are in a pressure job and just need to relax, but when I go on a trip, I want to see and do stuff.

I feel for you and understand. We've done 2 cruises this year and 1 more upcoming in Feb. DH said we need to take a break from cruising for a little bit and do a resort for a the next couple/few of vacations :eek:

Well, it is too late now but if this situation ever arises again, keep this script in mind: "Darling, love of my life, center of my universe, I am so happy you have found an AI vacation that will tickle your fancy, float your boat (oops, maybe not that!) and generally add to your contentment. While you are there, I will be on the Silhouette and when we each get back we will have great stories to tell one another and experiences to share!"

I empathize and sympathize. If you are in a place with good wifi you can spend all of this otherwise wasted AI time doing web research on possible future cruises...

Stan

s - LOL, one will be handing the other paperwork to sign and told to keep on cruising! :D

We live in South Georgia on an island with a beach, so we never travel to go to the beach.

All inclusive has its benefits, but you are stuck in one place. I understand if you are in a pressure job and just need to relax, but when I go on a trip, I want to see and do stuff.

As we can see, Richstowe comes from Montreal. No beach there. Just cold and ice and snow.

So an AI would be an excellent getaway to warmer weather.

We have not yet done one because we like to go away for 3 weeks and think that would be too long for an AI.

Like one of the other posters, we also take a break from cruising some years. We like to "park" ourselves somewhere in Europe. But there aren't too many places in Europe that are warm, (forget hot!) in the winter.

Therefore, Jan/Feb 2017 and 2018 is back to cruising!

We've done both; cruises in the early part of the year, March/April and an AI, Sandals during the summer. We enjoy both and have had a great time with either one. We would have a tough time deciding if we had to choose one over the other. ;)

It sounds like you had a tough choice to make. DH and I miss the cruise atmosphere if we miss a season, we like to go once a year. This year we were throwing around ideas of what we wanted our "big" vacation to be, and decided to go back to Bermuda on a cruise, this time we are trying Celebrity for the first time. We are excited to try a new line, have been on NCL and Holland America. We were in the mood for something new and got a great deal on our May cruise. Have yet to try AI because we are not beach people, but after 6 cruises we've figured out we are Cruise ship people lol. Hope you and DW have a great time, and there's always next time, right? :D

thanks

I can relate! We have been doing lots of land based trips the last few years vs cruising as much. Had some great trips too! We are heading to Orlando soon and Nashville early next year. We did New Orleans and Washington DC this year also.

Just back, August of this year, from Yellowstone. It was a great trip and worth it. We were there for 10 days and stayed inside the park for 7 days and 2 in the Tetons and 1 in Cody, WY.

Wishing you and DW a GREAT vacation experience!

The good news, I hope, is that by trying you will know if it is a good alternative. I would like to try an AI resort someday with my DW. :)

Thank you for all the great posts .

Some would say that both cover all your basics BUT that there are lots of opportunities to spend extra .
As we can see' date=' Richstowe comes from Montreal. No beach there. Just cold and ice and snow.

So an AI would be an excellent getaway to warmer weather.

We have not yet done one because we like to go away for 3 weeks and think that would be too long for an AI.

Like one of the other posters, we also take a break from cruising some years. We like to "park" ourselves somewhere in Europe. But there aren't too many places in Europe that are warm, (forget hot!) in the winter.

Therefore, Jan/Feb 2017 and 2018 is back to cruising![/quote']Yes we neeed to go south . We need to go somewhere warm !

We picked Puerto Plata because there's lots and lots to do there . We have lots of plans

but lying on a beautiful beach drinking mai tai's is a big part of these plans .

You will be back to a cruise, it's the best deal.
We certainly will be back ! :) I will say that our AI , a well rated 4 star, cost well less then

a balcony and as is usual in Montreal , the price includes air and transfers . We will probably spend

the same on extras and excursions . All in all we will spend at least 2500 thousand less .

Again we expect that we will be cruising again but not this March .