Back to Back Question

princess09

If a 14 day cruise is also sold as back to back 7 day cruises, is it usually less expensive to book as a 14 day?

You must figure out the net cost both ways, meaning fare less OBC and less other cost items which may be included in a promo, such as gratuities, Specialty Dining, Beverage packages. Also include stockholder OBC, and Future Cruise Deposit OBC if you have these.

If a 14 day cruise is also sold as back to back 7 day cruises, is it usually less expensive to book as a 14 day?

Not necessarily. The b2b on Crown for Mar 25-Apr 8, 2017 is more expensive than booking separately the Mar 25-Apr 2 and Apr 2-8.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you purchase a 14 day cruise that is also sold as two separate 7 day cruises and you are Elite, do you get two mini bar setup’s?

You get two mii-bar setups whether you book as 2 seven night cruises or 1 fourteen day cruise. As long as it is sold both ways.

You must figure out the net cost both ways, meaning fare less OBC and less other cost items which may be included in a promo, such as gratuities, Specialty Dining, Beverage packages. Also include stockholder OBC, and Future Cruise Deposit OBC if you have these.

I can only add that sometimes cabins that are unavailable on the longer cruise may be available to book as 2 shorter B2B cruises. I had this happen to us & thankfully our TA intervened with Princess & was able to get our our preferred cabin when booking as a longer cruise & not as a B2B.

Next year I'm booked for B2B each are 14 days. This cruise is sold as 4 - 7 days, 2 - 14 days and a 28 day single cruise. Price for the cruises were only slightly different. But the OBC and military OBC was the selling point. For 7 days I was offered $100 military, and Princess offered $150. For 14 days I received $250 military and Princess OBC was $700. For 28 days military and Princess OBC was the same as 14 days. So by doing 2 14-day I am receiving $500 military and $1400 from Princess.

Next year I'm booked for B2B each are 14 days. This cruise is sold as 4 - 7 days, 2 - 14 days and a 28 day single cruise. Price for the cruises were only slightly different. But the OBC and military OBC was the selling point. For 7 days I was offered $100 military, and Princess offered $150. For 14 days I received $250 military and Princess OBC was $700. For 28 days military and Princess OBC was the same as 14 days. So by doing 2 14-day I am receiving $500 military and $1400 from Princess.

Good for you!! It pays to do your home work.

Tony