Drink Package question, again. (sorry)

whitshel

I know there are a million threads on the drink packages but i couldn't find a definitive answer for my question. We have the classic package on our upcoming Summit cruise.

I guess I'm a lil confused, on one hand the classic pkg says it covers drinks up to $8 and there is also a pdf showing what liquors are covered with the classic package. https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

So my confusion is looking at the cafe menu, it shows lots of coffee spirits with liquors contained in the classic package but they are priced at $8.25 so are those covered or not? ie Baileys and coffee, Baileys is on the pdf as covered in the classic package but it's $8.25, covered or not?? I'm sure there are other examples but that caught my eye:confused:

Theres never a crazy question. I ask alot of them on here too. With classic pkg your coffees w/ alcohol are covered. We didnt have a problem on Equinox recently.

Everybody kind of panics with these drink packages, i did too. After all,pretty confusing if you have never did them.

But just realize if you have premium pkg you only pay the difference with anything ordered over the allowed price. With classic pkg and here is the catch. If you order a drink over the allowed price you pay the total price of the drink not the difference.

When you order just tell the bartenders you have th classic pkg and generally you will get what you want. After a few days they will know you.

We love the drink packages its easy and convenient.

Happy Sailing!

We had the Classic Package on the Constellation last year and had no trouble as long as we announced when ordering that we had the C. package and is this in it or not? They are very helpful in that regard. Just be clear when ordering and all will be good. :D

Theres never a crazy question. I ask alot of them on here too. With classic pkg your coffees w/ alcohol are covered. We didnt have a problem on Equinox recently.

Everybody kind of panics with these drink packages, i did too. After all,pretty confusing if you have never did them.

But just realize if you have premium pkg you only pay the difference with anything ordered over the allowed price. With classic pkg and here is the catch. If you order a drink over the allowed price you pay the total price of the drink not the difference.

When you order just tell the bartenders you have th classic pkg and generally you will get what you want. After a few days they will know you.

We love the drink packages its easy and convenient.

Happy Sailing!

We had the Classic Package on the Constellation last year and had no trouble as long as we announced when ordering that we had the C. package and is this in it or not? They are very helpful in that regard. Just be clear when ordering and all will be good. :D

Good to hear we aren't the only two that do that.

Hmm? I guess Im not understanding your question. REgular drink? Includes everything as far as I know and anything above the allowed amount you pay the difference.

Dont know if that answers your question?

Regular as in non alcoholic:) bad use of words. Just have been getting confused reading the boards and wasnt sure..

On our previous cruises we upgraded to the premium package on embarkation. Booked for February and will upgrade again with our onboard credit. We found that it was worth the cost as could have most drinks and if you have something that is more expensive you only pay the difference. I like to not have to think about how much I am spending, and also it is great to be able to have a different wine with every course at dinner

On our previous cruises we upgraded to the premium package on embarkation. Booked for February and will upgrade again with our onboard credit. We found that it was worth the cost as could have most drinks and if you have something that is more expensive you only pay the difference. I like to not have to think about how much I am spending, and also it is great to be able to have a different wine with every course at dinner

I know every ship/sommelier is different, but our experience last year on the Constellation was that the sommelier had an open bottle of white and red wines that she offered every night as part of the classic package (must have been a lot of people in the MDR with the C pkg) and it was different each night. We are easy drinkers, meaning not fussy so we just went with whatever she passed around and it flowed freely. We were happy. I think if you aren't a fussy drinker, then the C. package works well. If you want something special or higher brand, then a person might need the P. package.

Edited by 1cruiselvr

So if you have the premium package, does this include regular drinks as well or just alcohol?

Premium package also includes:

• Fountain soda selections • Fresh and bottled juices • Premium coffees and teas • Premium bottled purified water • Vitamin Water • Red Bull

This is a helpful thread, in spite of having read many similar threads :)

Our first X cruise is next March. Priestmans (sp?) posted many bar menus recently and lots of exotic cocktails at $12 plus. DW would be happy with Classic, especially if Sommelier pours an acceptable white at dinner, but those cocktails - just to try one or two might get us to upgrade.

I have a remaining question - on the Menus, Menus, Menus thread, Ensemble showed Cab, Pinot, Chardonnay at $21 but no other wines. Do they have other wines and these are just highlighted specials or do we have to be selective on which bar we choose ?

Finally can Classic still get a martini in the Martini Bar ?

This is a helpful thread, in spite of having read many similar threads :)

Our first X cruise is next March. Priestmans (sp?) posted many bar menus recently and lots of exotic cocktails at $12 plus.

Can you get the $12 cocktails but with a different liquor brand if you have the Classic?

Good question - here is the link to Bar Menus

http://thepreismans.com/silhouette_ta_16_menus.htm#ensemble

I was referring to World Class Bar.

No, you cannot get anything at the World Class bar within the Classic package. Basically only the items on the menu.

The ensemble does have some choices of wines within the Classic and Premium package.

Where do I find the price of the classic package? We are planning the San Diego to Fort L. on the Infinity next year.

Thanks. Joyce

The cost for the drink packages will be under Dining & Beverage in the Cruise Planner. The online price doesn't include the gratuities. You will need to figure that in to get your total out of pocket cost before you purchase the drink package.

Edited by davekathy