Any order to debarkation?

fla33023

Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to luggage tags for those without any type of priority. Just took my first RCL cruise on IOS. I was in an OV on Deck 2 and had luggage tags 31. Would that be the case most of the time? On NCL, I've picked the luggage tag based on what time I wanted to leave the ship. Nothing serious, just curious!

Just wondering if there is any rhyme or reason to luggage tags for those without any type of priority. Just took my first RCL cruise on IOS. I was in an OV on Deck 2 and had luggage tags 31. Would that be the case most of the time? On NCL, I've picked the luggage tag based on what time I wanted to leave the ship. Nothing serious, just curious!

I am sure there is some rhyme or reason for the different numbers of the tags ..... some people need to leave very early and others ( like us on the last cruise) have very late flights and they want to be the last ones to leave the ship. We had tag number 35 and left the ship about 9:45, they had our flight number and there was no hurry to get to the airport.

When you complete your set sail pass you are asked what time and by what method you are travelling home. I'm sure this has something to do with what luggage tag number you are assigned.

That would make a lot of sense. Thx!

When you complete your set sail pass you are asked what time and by what method you are travelling home. I'm sure this has something to do with what luggage tag number you are assigned.

This is common sense but has nothing to do with it.

You can always change them.

Not always, in my case my friends pick me up and I live 10 miles away from the port so I always tell Royal that I'm leaving after noon but I still get a 9am disembark tag. A quick visit to service desk and they provide me with tags for late disembarkation

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just off 7 day Allure; on Day 5 they passed out small questionnaire about desired time to disembark, etc. You could request a particular time period.

Those with early flights or who want off fast and willing to carry off own luggage had priority. We went for first set off (driving home) with luggage assist. We got tags for #5 and designated time 7:55 - 8:20 (if I remember correctly).

Walked off at 7:50 with no issues as self carry individual had mostly left by then (they had been lined up waiting to get off). Windjammer packed but doable at 6:30 - 7:00.

Was driving out of parking lot at Terminal 18 by 8:20.