Disembarkation Luggage Program

Meena

Does Princess still have at the program where your luggage goes directly to the airport on the last day? Does anyone know the charge involved and what airlines participate and even more importantly . . . has anyone used it and had any problems!!! Thanks.

Does Princess still have at the program where your luggage goes directly to the airport on the last day? Does anyone know the charge involved and what airlines participate and even more importantly . . . has anyone used it and had any problems!!! Thanks.

EZ Check is only available in a few ports.

What port are you talking about?

A quick search found many threads on this question, here is one.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2395453&highlight=ezcheck

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We used Princess EZ Check before at FLL flying Southwest. Very convenient and had no problem with the luggage, especially with the weight.

We have used EZ Check multiple time at Ft. Lauderdale when flying on Jet Blue airlines without any problems. The cost was $20. If you use it, it helps speed the process if you make an extra copy of your flight ticket to give the passenger service desk when you turn in your EZ Check form. A blank form and instructions will be put in your cabin before the cruise ends

We have used EZ Check multiple time at Ft. Lauderdale when flying on Jet Blue airlines without any problems. The cost was $20. If you use it, it helps speed the process if you make an extra copy of your flight ticket to give the passenger service desk when you turn in your EZ Check form. A blank form and instructions will be put in your cabin before the cruise ends

I have heard that the cost has been raised to $25 per person

We have done it the same way but I think I paid $25. pp.??

Tony

Thank you for your responses and encouraging words that no one's luggage got lost. We will be leaving from Fort Lauderdale. My husband is all for this, but I am still up in the air about it, but from your responses, it sounds like a good idea.

We just used EZ check this week from FLL. The program is great and costs $25 pp plus any fees your airline may charge.

There are, as usual, communication problems regarding the program with Princess. We were armed with plenty of info from this board and that helped to ease the process. After the 5th day of our cruise, we did not yet receive the paperwork for the program. Went to the passenger service desk to enquire and the desk person told us that we probably did not qualify and that's why we didn't get the paperwork. I replied that we did qualify and we wanted to use the service. When the desk agent looked at my info on line, she said you didn't get it because your profile doesn't list your flights. I asked where that rule is written and there was no response. We purchased our cruise one year in advance and we did not have flights until about three months prior to departure. There is no text on line indicating the need to include your flight on your profile for EZ check. We then received the paperwork, filled it out immediately and gave it back to the desk agent.

We received our boarding pass and luggage tags at about 6PM the night prior to departure. Since our flights were out of MIA at 7:15 PM, this indicated to us that this service is able to print out your documents outside of the usual 24 hour window which is good!

We placed our bags outside the door prior to midnite and did not see them again until arrival at our home airport. Since we have global entry cards, we were able to disembark very easily and not be dragging bags.