Silversea Water Cooler: Part 3, Welcome!

Host Dan

Lois....please don't concern yourself about the nature of your post! If Cooler patrons are uncomfortable with the subject matter (no matter what the subject matter is), they are welcome to sit out any discussion. As J so eloquently stated in his state of the Cooler presentation "Basically it is a requirement of membership that you always keep off topic, discuss things that shouldn't be discussed and generally meander all over the place like tsetse fly." I think the key is respect and tolerance here.

Thank you Mysty too:)...it is sometimes more comfortable talking to "friends on here" about things rather than here

at home....(for me anyway)............I do appreciate the kind words, truly.:)

I have to admit I participated in a Canadian standoff at the dollar store the other day. I arrived at the cash register at the same time as another customer and we were both "oh, you go first," and apologizing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Anyway, to stay on topic.

Who remembers Don Henley's song Boys of Summer?. It's long been a favourite of mine but I've just come acroos a rather excellent cover version by The Ataris:

In fact, I'd go as far as to say I'd prefer it to the original. And how often does that happen - that a cover is better than the original, I mean?

Greetings Coolers! Another dust bunny rodeo was on the agenda for today. To be clear, no bust bunnies were harmed in the process! :)

TTS...that rendition of Boys of Summer was awesome! Even some of the "bunnies" were groovin' to the music. Actually made it easier to round them up! Thanks for posting the link!

MLeh...That Canadian stand-off is so familiar! :) Made me giggle! Thanks!

Have a great day all!

Good morning........been raining here for at least 1/2 the night:eek:......still raining.........and I have a small leak in

my garage:mad:........it is actually the 4th time and my condo association needs to get it fixed correctly:eek:.........my property

manager sent an email for a work order last week........but now it is raining again........the roofer was on site last week

but got called away........I will go see the Manager again tomorrow........I leave on Sunday and don't want to come home

to a flooded garage:(

Hi all. Redeye to Atlanta last night and a pleasant 2h layover in the DL SkyClub. Now on the plane to Albany hoping to get there a little over an hour.

The service for my Grandmother was really special and I'm happy we went, but wow are we tired. Saw many relatives and shared lots of stories about her 98 years. The three of my siblings who have musical talent played piano and sang some of her favorite songs. Unfortunately I inherited zero of that DNA, but I listened.

Need to listen to the Boys of Summer clip. Love the Don Henley version, or maybe just the memories it evokes. Chris had that album when we met and we listened to it a lot back in the day. :)

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hello Coolers! Do I need to catch up on all informative, interesting conversations! Had to leave my bar stool to entertain company visiting at our house. This will be going on till the end of August. Ins and outs that I mentalize myself to enjoy, no matter how much time and work involved, since these dear relatives will not be with us for long. In time, I will listen to the musical links posted, and will post one of our current hit "Despacito" as played in India with native instruments; it's amazing. Wishing Lois the very best in her cruise. Wishing a great coming week to you all!

Yay, home! Nothing like a shower and an espresso to make you feel half human. We'll see how long that lasts.

TTS, the link says it's blocked from viewing in my country due to copyright grounds. Boo. Was looking forward to hearing it!

TTS, the link says it's blocked from viewing in my country due to copyright grounds. Boo. Was looking forward to hearing it!

Search YouTube The Ataris - Boys of Summer. There must be something on there that fits the bill.

I hesitate posting on the cooler because I'm not a SS sailor (tried them once but sadly not or us) but I have some information for JP re his trip to Adelaide, if he is still interested.

JP, you asked about wine tours in the Barossa. I've asked around (we have not done any ourselves) and one seems to be mentioned often - Auburn Tours Day Tours. Trevor will drive you around in a classic car (convertible) and finish at Maggie Beer's Farm Shop which is a must see for all foodies. He will design the tour to your taste so it really is a personalised trip. If interested, "Google " him to see if that is the sort of thing you may like.

Lovely places to eat (fine dining) in the area are Hently Farm, Appellation @ Louise, both at Seppletsfield and both offer accommodation.

On the casual side, FermentAsian, Tanunda, Jacobs Creek Visitor Centre, Rolland Flat, Charles Melton Wines, Tanunda.

The Farmers Market in Angaston is held every Saturday morning and is a wonderful display of local produce.

Hope this is helpful.

Something completely different, we have just returned from a family holiday in Italy. If anyone is looking for wonderful hotels, we stayed in The Grand Tremezzo Hotel on Lake Como and the Cipriani in Venice. Both were above and beyond what we expected (we have stayed in top hotels all over the world). I wish we lived closer so we could visit more often.

Good Moaning Coolers!

Is that a ribeye I espy?

Tonight from the land of the Beeb, I have to sadly admit and concede that almost everything that is Netflix ( ...... and often Amazon Prime ... ) is so good. For example this evening we have been drinking Kelsey Grammer and the Last Tycoon. And Armagnac.

TTS, found it. More angst and more uptempo than the Don Henley version. Has its place, and well done, but I will break with the crowd and go for the original.

Joc123, post as much as you want! Thanks very much for the info. Will look into those places, and the guide, when I have my head on straight. Not even 9:00 and I am ready for bed.

Shots, yum! We grilled a bone-in rib steak for dinner tonight. Roasted potatoes and salad. Yours looks much fancier.

Good night all. Time to catch up on the sleep we missed last night.

Good morning:)

JP, welcome back.......sounds like your Grandmother was well loved:D.....I have not had grandparents in many, many,

many years..........

Well, now I just have to get through this week!

Good eye Jeff and JP, yes a ribeye for my husband. I had a KC strip.

Making flank steak tacos tonight. I took today off work so we have some time to finish our basement project.

We put new flooring in the basement kitchen. It is waterproof laminate. Not the most expensive product out there, but it looks nice and will do even if we get flooding again. It is also easy to install ourselves.

We moved and rearranged everything in our basement and are going to be putting in a wine cellar as well. Lots of work, as we have a 15,000 book library down there (which thankfully is far from where the flooding happens)!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Moaning Coolers!

Is that a ribeye I espy?

Tonight from the land of the Beeb, I have to sadly admit and concede that almost everything that is Netflix ( ...... and often Amazon Prime ... ) is so good. For example this evening we have been drinking Kelsey Grammer and the Last Tycoon. And Armagnac.

I agree with you. We watch either Netflix or Amazon most every night while exercising in the treadmill (though not this month....our visitors...). We just finished "Mildred Pierce", a fine piece of theatre. One of my favorites is "Hercule Poirot" since I read many Agatha Christie novels in my teen years. I don't remember seeing "The Last Tycoon"; I'll check it out.

Greetings Coolers!

Cam...enjoy your visitors! It is definitely work to prepare and entertain and your gracious efforts will be appreciated,I'm sure! And I read many Agatha Christie gems in my teens as well.

Netflix has been on our radar for a while. We cut down on our cable channels and even what is left is not very entertaining. "Reality" shows dominate although they don't seem remotely realistic! The documentary channel has some interesting viewing but certainly not every documentary is worth watching. The Kodi box (fully loaded) is a prickly option and has been banned from sale by amazon and ebay. We found Roku and it looks like a reasonable option. We will be exploring that.

Have a great day all!

Good Afternoon Coolers,

Joc, do please carry on posting ...... your helpful and entertaining comments are really welcome!

JP your Gran sounds much loved ..... I guess most Grans are. I spent some time trying to teach my Gran English and when we had our first kid and I married "out" everyone said I mustn't tell her as she would be really hurt. Well I did and she loved my wife and her grandchildren.

Camels, be patient with The Last Tycoon. It takes until the third episode to start hooking.

M, no Kodi boxes aren't illegal and are sold on Amazon. Only those that are completely pre-loaded have been withdrawn. And to remind it isn't currently (in the UK) illegal to view streams that are illegaly broadcast as long as the content does not get stored and reside on a computer. In the same way you can read a book but not copy it. You can load Kodi very easily onto an Amazon Fire streeamer. In fact I have Kodi and my streaming software loaded on my Fire TV streamer box because it is a good quality streamer and I've just ordered a second Fire for Seaside. So I'm watching the content on an Amazon box! I use Ultimatemania and I believe it would provide all the channels I watch from abroad and on a ship if the download is good enough.

In the UK they are trying to get the ISPs to block the streams and we'll see how that pans out.