Large price drop

may1021

Going on zuiderdam in February. Paid $1399 for veranda room. Price has dropped to $899. Final payment already made but anyone have experience with this. Worth it to contact TA to see if line would upgrade room or offer Obc or just forget it. Have cruised many times but never been in position of such a large price drop.

Thanks.

Once final payment has passed you are generally no longer eligible for price drops...however you may be able to upgrade to a better location or even a suite if available. Its certainly worth a phone call to your TA.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I would call your T.A

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I immediately called my big box TA when the same thing happened, and she called HAL and came back with the offer of an upgrade from interior to full OV! Could even choose which one of the 2 available cabins I wanted. Fantastic service! Thank you HAL.

Is the price drop for the same veranda category? Sometimes these low prices are only for a small number of staterooms in an undesirable location.

igraf

Going on zuiderdam in February. Paid $1399 for veranda room. Price has dropped to $899. Final payment already made but anyone have experience with this. Worth it to contact TA to see if line would upgrade room or offer Obc or just forget it. Have cruised many times but never been in position of such a large price drop.

Thanks.

Nothing....not particularly happy with HAL who I cruise with a lot. Would upgrade me to better Verandah room but I would loose some of my OBC.

Would upgrade me to a suite for and extra $200 each...not happening.

I tried.

Nothing....not particularly happy with HAL who I cruise with a lot. Would upgrade me to better Verandah room but I would loose some of my OBC.

Would upgrade me to a suite for and extra $200 each...not happening.

I tried.

I am not surprised. Once final payment is paid, their motive is to get whatever they can for unsold rooms. If they gave everybody the last minute sale price, they wouldn't be in business for long.

The best way to get low prices like that, is to not purchase until the last minute, but then you won't have much choice on room location. If room location is not important, then you can save a lot of money. Of course, there is always the possibility that the ship is sold out and you don't get to cruise at all.

That is exactly what we do. We have a few itineraries in mind. We watch the prices and book inside the final payment window. Whichever itinerary hits on one of ships we are watching is one we book. We have never been disappointed in the balcony gty that we have been assigned...the opposite is true.

We usually keep an eye on air as well. Both have to work for us. We have always been able to get our TA to put a hold on the cabin for a few hours until we can lock in air.

Works for us. Three weeks ago we found ourselves sitting a home anticipating the snow. Six days later we found ourselves on a beach enjoying an AI for seven days. The right offer came by and we grabbed it.

Edited by iancal

We called about our Nieuw Amsterdam cruise in February. They offered to move us from Oceanview to Verandah, but we would have to give up Explore4 promo and $100 OBC.

It's always worth a phone call.

Just keep in mind that some of these are Flash Sale pricing with no refund (unless you have insurance).

Edited by OVgirl

Which cruise are you taking? We just booked the February 5 one today. I had been watching prices on six different cruises that fit our schedule. The Zuiderdam was the only one with such dramatic price drops. Three of the cruises were sold out as of this week--on the Royal Princess, Regal Princess, and Celebrity Silhouette.

I just booked the Zuiderdam for the Feb 15th sailing. It had a significant price drop as well, which is why we chose to book this. The price drop was not as drastic as the Feb 5th sailing, but it fit as far as timing goes and reasonable airfare from the cold Great Lakes. We obviously booked within the final payment window as well so if there were to be additional price drops I doubt we would take an upgrade as we have booked an aft cabin. I called my TA to see if there were any perks to transferring the booking to her as far as OBC or any other incentives we may not be otherwise afforded. She informed me that according to HAL we are not eligible for OBC since we booked within the final payment window. First time on HAL. Hopefully more to come.

Which cruise are you taking? We just booked the February 5 one today. I had been watching prices on six different cruises that fit our schedule. The Zuiderdam was the only one with such dramatic price drops. Three of the cruises were sold out as of this week--on the Royal Princess, Regal Princess, and Celebrity Silhouette.

We're on NA. I just checked pricing and you're Zuiderdam cruise has really good pricing now. Much better than NA.