Tiresome Diamond drink question

I became Diamond on an RCI ship with no lounge (thank God). So I got the three drinks a day added to my card. I happily redeemed the credits in any bar on the ship.

In a month I'm going on the Serenade, with a companion who is not Diamond. Am I going to have to ditch him to collect my three drinks in some lounge? Or can I get my drinks in the same bar where he pays for his?

You could sneak off to the Diamond Lounge and drink without him. ;) But 3 free drinks will be pre-loaded on your Seapass card during the lounge hours and can be used at any bar. :D

Edited by Coralc

I became Diamond on an RCI ship with no lounge (thank God). So I got the three drinks a day added to my card. I happily redeemed the credits in any bar on the ship.

In a month I'm going on the Serenade, with a companion who is not Diamond. Am I going to have to ditch him to collect my three drinks in some lounge? Or can I get my drinks in the same bar where he pays for his?

Actually, in the DL there isn't a 3 drink limit.

You can use your three diamond drinks at most any bar. If you want more than three you will have to get them in the Diamond Lounge. The drinks loaded onto your seapass cannot be obtained in the MDR, Windjammer, or Champagne Bar. At least that has been my experience.

OP, why do you say "thank God" you became diamond on a ship with no lounge? Even if it had one no one forces you into it.:confused:

You can use your three diamond drinks at most any bar. If you want more than three you will have to get them in the Diamond Lounge. The drinks loaded onto your seapass cannot be obtained in the MDR, Windjammer, or Champagne Bar. At least that has been my experience.

OP, why do you say "thank God" you became diamond on a ship with no lounge? Even if it had one no one forces you into it.:confused:

What a very strange thing to say? Especially since the OP has no clue about the lounge????....K.O.:rolleyes:

My first Diamond cruise was in November on Freedom. My traveling companions were not Diamond, so I decided not to go to the DL by myself. Our dining time was 5:30 which was a bit of an issue trying to get in the 3 drinks between 5:00-8:00. I found out by the 3rd day that I could get 3 Miller Lites (aluminum bottles) all at once. I put them in the fridge in my cabin and just stopped by a bar and asked for a glass.

I'm cruising solo on Liberty 1/22 and plan on checking out the DL. It's a great perk!

Sandy

Very nice to enjoy a drink with your friend in the Schooner bar, Centrum bar,

the Viking Crown lounge, (part of it will be used for overflow on our ship due

to heavy upper tier), or any of the other bars of your choice. No worries! :)

I have found many times the waiters/bartenders will not even run a receipt for

you to sign when you use your drink vouchers, so I have learned to take 1.00

bills to tip in cash for those occasions.

And on top of that...you can still slip into the DL by yourself for no voucher used

drinks. ;)

"Sea" you on board real soon! :)

Edited by island lady

My first Diamond cruise was in November on Freedom. My traveling companions were not Diamond, so I decided not to go to the DL by myself. Our dining time was 5:30 which was a bit of an issue trying to get in the 3 drinks between 5:00-8:00. I found out by the 3rd day that I could get 3 Miller Lites (aluminum bottles) all at once. I put them in the fridge in my cabin and just stopped by a bar and asked for a glass.

I'm cruising solo on Liberty 1/22 and plan on checking out the DL. It's a great perk!

Sandy

My DH and I are both Diamond, but he really isn't supposed to drink alcohol because of the meds he takes, so we use his free beverages for cans of diet coke, which we take back to the cabin to enjoy as we please.

Very nice to enjoy a drink with your friend in the Schooner bar, Centrum bar,

the Viking Crown lounge, (part of it will be used for overflow on our ship due

to heavy upper tier), or any of the other bars of your choice. No worries! :)

I have found many times the waiters/bartenders will not even run a receipt for

you to sign when you use your drink vouchers, so I have learned to take 1.00

bills to tip in cash for those occasions.

And on top of that...you can still slip into the DL by yourself for no voucher used

drinks. ;)

"Sea" you on board real soon! :)

island lady, thank you. He's actually my hubby, but he WOULD not cruise with me (at first) so I left him in the dust. Of course, as soon as I managed to get him on a ship he loved it, but (sadly for him) he is well behind me in points.

So thank you everyone! Your info is so helpful. He and I can have drinkies together, and he can pay for his LOL. And yes, island lady, I tip big time. They deserve it, and they have been helpful to me.

See you on the Serenade soon!

Lindy

Because the two people I cruise with (husband and daughter) are not Diamond, and I don't want to drink alone instead of enjoying time with them. I don't want to go to some place where I don't know anybody with the only objective for me would be sucking down alcoholic drinks, alone. The cruise I became Diamond had no lounge, so I had the drinks added to my card, much to my relief. I got to go to any bar and have a drinkie with my darling girl.

Thank you all for setting me straight. I asked. You answered, and I am grateful.

island lady, thank you. He's actually my hubby, but he WOULD not cruise with me (at first) so I left him in the dust. Of course, as soon as I managed to get him on a ship he loved it, but (sadly for him) he is well behind me in points.

So thank you everyone! Your info is so helpful. He and I can have drinkies together, and he can pay for his LOL. And yes, island lady, I tip big time. They deserve it, and they have been helpful to me.

Lindy

You didn't say that he was hubby at the same address Lindy! Just call Crown & Anchor and have him added to your account. He will have the same status as you do, only with lesser points. Spouses and others that share an address will be the same level and he can join you. :D

Lindy

:eek: If he is your husband, (companion ;))...and he is living at the same address,

and you have booked under the same reservation in the same cabin...he has inherited

your Diamond status! You are good to go, both can access the DL. Enjoy!! :D

Edited by island lady

several people have reported the MDR will honor it, but usually only the house wine.

Lindy

not even an issue at all. just link his account with yours since he is a spousal unit and he will magically receive your status( but not the points) and can join in the fun. call C&A and they will do it over the phone.

don't knock a Lounge (Diamond, Concierge or Suite) until you have tried it.

Which ship didn't allow the use in the Champagne Bar? On Oasis a year and a half ago it was allowed. Only ever got glasses of wine, but just wondering.

Which ship didn't allow the use in the Champagne Bar? On Oasis a year and a half ago it was allowed. Only ever got glasses of wine, but just wondering.

Indy and Navigator for sure. It was specifically listed on on the paper found in the cabins when boarding that described the program. I can't remember about Oasis. As I am sure you know, consistency is not always one of RCI's strong suits.

Indy and Navigator for sure. It was specifically listed on on the paper found in the cabins when boarding that described the program. I can't remember about Oasis. As I am sure you know, consistency is not always one of RCI's strong suits.

Yes, the unfortunate and sad truth. Thanks for the info.

I believe your husband can be accorded Diamond status as your spouse. Call C&A. If your daughter is a minor, she would have your status as well.

I believe you are correct. If they reside at the same address call crown and anchor and they should be considered diamond. A couple we met are not married and he is diamond and since they live together she gets to enjoy the benefit as well. At least that is what they shared with us.

Happy cruising

Tigers2425