Dia +

blkjac

We spoke to diamond+ members in the diamond lounge on Harmony and they said they felt robbed by the downgrade.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

They should probably get used to it. It seems that Royal Caribbean is outfitting more ships with Suite Lounges and Diamond Clubs.

With the advent of the drink packages, we rarely go anymore.

I don't get it. What's the difference between the DL and CL? Same drinks, same apps, at least when I tried both on Anthem, and the CL on Anthem is so out of the way.

And on Oasis and Allure Diamonds are now in the former CL....with the big glass windows a view of the boardwalk. How is that a downgrade?

I don't get it. What's the difference between the DL and CL? Same drinks, same apps, at least when I tried both on Anthem, and the CL on Anthem is so out of the way.

And on Oasis and Allure Diamonds are now in the former CL....with the big glass windows a view of the boardwalk. How is that a downgrade?

I think it is more of a crowding issue on some ships. I would still like to go, but DH doesn't. There are a great many D and D+ now. :)

Diamond plus used to be able to get cooked breakfast and lunch in that location when it was the CL, along with free wine and beer at lunch. Now D+ no longer have that because of the suite lounge - that's the one thing that comes to mind. It's not something I personally complain about, there's enough food on any cruise ship, but I did enjoy a quiet lunch in there, and it was very good.

At one time Diamond were allowed in the CL.You stay loyal to a brand and spend a lot of money to aspire to get to a level when you get the extra perks then they move the goalposts which is wrong and dishonest. Harmony diamond lounge is on deck 4 with no views and uninspiring.

With all the changes going for mostly the worse, I can see with the drinks loaded on a sea pass card, that RCI could close the Diamond lounge and use it for a "pay" venue and let all the loyals go to any bar/lounge to get their free drinks.

And keep the suite lounge for Pinnacles and those in suites who have paid the most.

I am diamond, and can only think what could happen.

We also enjoy the suite scene so at this point we enjoy suite lounge.

Scary what could happen.

Safe travels.

Don't see the lounge going away anytime soon.

However, I feel a warning shot was sent in May of 2016. When on a handful of ships when cards were swiped with drink orders in the DL, as part of a test. I remember the rumors stirred up good during the test.

Sent from a mobile device

You stay loyal to a brand and spend a lot of money to aspire to get to a level when you get the extra perks then they move the goalposts which is wrong and dishonest.

I know, it must have been awful when the DL was first introduced, all the Ds at the time must have really been disappointed.:rolleyes:

The free drinks packages being offered when they have inflated the price is a way for them to get more money off you especially the people in the DL or CL who would normally drink enough free drinks in the DL or CL to last the night.

Isn't Royal in the business to profit? They also have stockholders that they must answer too....

Edited by troykahack

And answer to customers too who feel ripped off and probably take their custom elsewhere.

That is your right. Why would one choose a cruise line they were not happy with? So, people only cruise for the status perks? We cruise to get away and have some down time.

Edited by troykahack