Diamond Member Drinks Available in Restaurants

emileg

We are just off the Harmony of the Seas. I don't know if this has been covered before, but on our first night in the MDR we were advised we could use any of our Diamond three free drinks in that venue. When we asked in the specialty restaurants, we were also advised we could use the preloaded coupons on our SeaPass. A year ago, on the Anthem, we were never advised of such. Nor is it allowed on Celebrity.

Apparently, this courtesy is not widely known, as others heard it first from us as late as the last night. If it weren't for our MDR waiter advising us, we too would not have known.

Plus 1 for Royal Caribbean. I hope this policy is standard across the fleet.

Royal can be consistent in their inconsistencies. I've only had two cruises since becoming Diamond and we were told restaurants were not included in using the Diamond Vouchers, so I didn't try. However, you are not the first person to say you could on Harmony, so I'll keep watching.

This would only work if you had dinner before late seating starts. Lounge hours (drink coupons also) dictate the hours of free drinks which always end at the start of late seating. We always do late seating. I just carry a glass in, either from the lounge or stop by a bar on the way into dinner. Easy.

When we asked in the specialty restaurants, we were also advised we could use the preloaded coupons on our SeaPass. A year ago, on the Anthem, we were never advised of such. Nor is it allowed on Celebrity.

Celebrity does not offer the pre-loaded drink coupons for their upper tier loyalty members as RCI does - at least they didn't when we were on Summit this past July. That is an RCI specific Diamond and higher benefit and is not reciprocal with Celebrity in our experience.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I literally was just looking this up yesterday in regards to free drink "coupons" and here is what I found from the RCCL Diamond Benefits site: The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship.

I literally was just looking this up yesterday in regards to free drink "coupons" and here is what I found from the RCCL Diamond Benefits site: The Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event is a benefit for only Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle Club member and cannot be extended to include friends and family. The event will take place approximately between the hours of 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Three nightly drink vouchers will be loaded on the member’s SeaPass card to be used in venues throughout the ship.

There are venues however that are not typically included - Vintages, for instance.

Am on the phone with the C&A desk as i type this -

confirmed this 3 drink per day for each Diamond & above is available in all bars, restaurants & lounges from 5:00-8:30:D

I never recall being allowed to use them in the MDR in any of my past cruises. I'm using leaving the Diamond Lounge and stopping at a bar before entering the MDR. Wonder if this is fleetwide or just one of the many inconsistencies that we experience as frequent cruisers on all of the ships.

It would be nice to use for a second drink, but I would still probably take one in as it takes time to get one in the MDR, especially if the wait staff isn't the greatest.

Just a note. On Majesty we let the deadline slip past and still had some of the credits left. I asked a waiter in the Schooner if I could use mine for one of the "special" Collins drinks on the menu. No problem at all. Obviously I tipped. Actually, we were able to use them whenever for whatever & wherever we wanted with no issues. I think it depends on the ship and more specifically who you ask and maybe how you ask. We agree on the consistency issue but this time it worked in our favor.

I just sent an email to C&A to confirm. I board Brilliance on Monday and would love to avoid getting a drink at a bar to take to the dining room.

Let us know what actually happens on the Brilliance if you try getting a drink with your voucher in the MDR or the WJ...what C&A say's & what actually happens onboard are not always the same thing...

Edited by kc320

I don't know where the waiters are going to find tine to start getting all the drinks in the MDR. They have a hard enough time making it back a second time with the bread basket or getting the pepper grinder before your food is cold.:D

Looking forward to this in the specialty restaurants though.

There are venues however that are not typically included - Vintages, for instance.

On the Harmony, the only excluded venues were the Bionic Bar and the Rising Tide (that up and down elevator lounge). Vintages was okay.