Downgraded room. Did I lose promo?

tammymacb

I recently downgraded my room for our 12 night BI cruise from a balcony to an OV. Quite frankly, for as busy as we'll be and as expensive as this trip will end up being, I didn't feel like I need the balcony more than the $1000+ pp savings.

I booked the cruise last April and have the promo that was available before the Anniversary sale with SBC ( less than the anniversary sale) and free gratuities.

Since I changed rooms during the anniversary sale, did I lose the last promo?

I recently downgraded my room for our 12 night BI cruise from a balcony to an OV. Quite frankly, for as busy as we'll be and as expensive as this trip will end up being, I didn't feel like I need the balcony more than the $1000+ pp savings.

I booked the cruise last April and have the promo that was available before the Anniversary sale with SBC ( less than the anniversary sale) and free gratuities.

Probably.

In general - as my TA explained it - when you rebook, whether to upgrade, downgrade, or just to make use of a new-booking-only discount, you lose whatever bonuses were in play when you initially booked. So yes, I would think this counts as a rebooking, not a re-faring, and you lost the extras.

Don't know if you booked the cruise with Princess directly or with a TA, but I would think that they would have disclosed this to you at the time the change was made?

Good luck. We are planning to do a BI cruise in 2018 and the prices have a LONG way to go to get to what we hope they will be!

Whatever promo you had last April, you will loose. Your OV cabin will most likely be considered a new booking and you should receive whatever promo was active at the time the new booking was made. Check your cruise personlizer and check the Princess Booking Confirmation, Passenger Copy. It will say what promo you have.

Don't know if you booked the cruise with Princess directly or with a TA, but I would think that they would have disclosed this to you at the time the change was made?

Good luck. We are planning to do a BI cruise in 2018 and the prices have a LONG way to go to get to what we hope they will be!

Right? I remember watching prices last summer (as we booked in April) and they are MUCH lower than they are now.

It's gone.

Right? I remember watching prices last summer (as we booked in April) and they are MUCH lower than they are now.

It never hurts to hope for a reduction. I've seen it happen and saved over $600 on one cruise by changing my booking. However, it doesn't always happen. Booked a connieusseur cruise tour to Alaska about 1.5 years in advance. Despite numerous sales, etc. the price was always higher than what we booked. It went up but never down. Glad we booked the first day it was available. :)

Whatever you lose from the last promo, the $1000+ pp savings is a good budget for your BI shore excursions.

I think you made a good decision. This is one itinerary where, IMO, you do not need a balcony. It's generally cold when the ship moves, you have very few sea days, and the views coming into and out of the ports are easily viewed from the covered Promenade Deck. Just put your TV on the channel that has the forward camera view of the ship and that will help you decide what to wear that day before you head out. ;)

And yes, watch for upcoming promos and when you see one you like, switch to it if you can. Just make sure your current booking doesn't have a non-refundable deposit clause.