AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

On 7/16/2022 at 7:30 AM, Calnev1 said:

I used to buy the physical cards, but now I only purchase the ecards.

The ecards seem superior.  For one thing, with the egift card you avoid that annoying shipping charge that Allstate adds to the physical gift cards.   More importantly, you receive and can use the ecards right away.  I think we have all at one point or another wondered “when is that (physical) gift card going to arrive??”  And the fact that you get the ecards within a minute or so of ordering seems to reduce the possibility of fraud.  I think (but may be wrong) that my email is more secure than my snail mail.  Snail mail of course has various handlers at the point of origin and in transit and there is the time in transit and sitting in my physical mailbox.  Even if you think your email might not be secure, the fact that you can (if you want) use the ecards within minutes of ordering them definitely lessens the possibility of someone compromising your ecard.

I really can’t think of any advantages to the physical cards.  I know some folks like being able  to hand the hard plastic card to the staffer at guest services when you use the gift card for onboard credit.  But my experience with the egift cards is that I can just print out the webpage with the card logo, number, and pin, and the clerk behind the guest services counter is perfectly happy with that piece of paper.

Really, are there any advantages these days to purchasing physical gift cards? 

Is it really only taking minutes to get the e-gift card? I placed an order an hour ago and still no emails...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

Is it really only taking minutes to get the e-gift card? I placed an order an hour ago and still no emails...

It took less than 3 minutes for the card to be emailed for me.  Did you check your spam or trash? Try a search for eGift.

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

It took less than 3 minutes for the card to be emailed for me.  Did you check your spam or trash? Try a search for eGift.

Thank you! Based on your comment, I realize it's user mistake from my end. I have two very similar email address and I use the secondary one for Allstate reward (because I screwed up when I register the reward account, and Allstate reward does not allow me to change the email address)...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

Thank you! Based on your comment, I realize it's user mistake from my end. I have two very similar email address and I use the secondary one for Allstate reward (because I screwed up when I register the reward account, and Allstate reward does not allow me to change the email address)...

Yay!!  Glad it worked out!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mkkao924 said:

I was worried for you. Glad you figured it out. 

• Like 2

On 9/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, mkkao924 said:

For some reason, they only let people with Allstate policies change their own email address. You can try to call the Rewards customer service line (1-800-642-2609). I've tried that a few times. They kept telling me it was changed in their system, but it's not on my end. I've been meaning to try again, but really don't like dealing with them. The customer service on the Rewards side isn't always the greatest.

I snuck up on the wheel tonight. It wasn't expecting it and gave me 200 points. 😆

On 9/22/2022 at 1:33 PM, MeganGC1983 said:

Wheel today… I have a theory that I don’t win from my phone, but I do from the computer. 🤷🏼‍♀️

I always play from the computer and lose 9 out of 10 times. Don't know why they're so stingy with points from games. Almost every promo code they give us is worth at least 2,000. Would it kill them to give us more from the games?

• Haha 2

On 9/17/2022 at 3:58 PM, dklddondon said:

get the ecards in matter of minutes i ordered 800 from allstate pd 720 before i could check email they were there

I got $2500 worth from AARP for $2250 - and will get more next month.  I receive the email instantly.

1 minute ago, NanoGirl21 said:

Anyone else been getting this error?

We are unable to process your request at this time. Please try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience. If you need help, please contact your local Allstate agent, or call (877) 597-0570 anytime.

Clear your Allstate cookies from your browser then try again. Alternatively, you can use incognito mode and you should be good. For future reference, be sure to click 'Logout' when you're finished with their site. That will help prevent that issue from happening again.

• Like 1

AARP Gift Card checkout has been down now for a week or more -- so impossible to purchase any sort of gift cards through AARP.  Not a biggie for the purchase of Carnival GCs, as Allstate is currently carrying the full array of Carnival GCs.   But aggravating for those of us who also buy discounted Princess and HAL gift cards.  I wonder if this is a return to the situation of a few years ago where AARP didn't seem to care that its gift card purchase mechanism was cr*p.

2 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

AARP Gift Card checkout has been down now for a week or more -- so impossible to purchase any sort of gift cards through AARP.  Not a biggie for the purchase of Carnival GCs, as Allstate is currently carrying the full array of Carnival GCs.   But aggravating for those of us who also buy discounted Princess and HAL gift cards.  I wonder if this is a return to the situation of a few years ago where AARP didn't seem to care that its gift card purchase mechanism was cr*p.

So here's my story: 

On the 15th, I "tried" to buy 5 Princess $500 cards for $2250. Error message said 3rd party problem, no red banner about cart being bad.

From 15th to 19th, I tried phone, changing browser, Daughters laptop etc.....

On the 2oth I opened my credit card to see a $20,000.00 balance owed.....WT???

Called AARP, sorry call your credit card company

So Barclays tells me all disapproved and will drop off

NOT SO FAST!!!!!!!

Later on 20th I see I'm now sitting on a $15,000 credit. Seems AARP refunded 16 cards instead of 8, oh well figure they'll find out and fix.

NOPE

They reversed and I'm still owing $20,000

Call Barclays, sorry you need to go back to AARP

Now it's pushed up to resolution desk and check back in 2-3 business days if you don't hear from us.

The only way to get the cards is through the Cart so if you need Princess cards this month to BAD.

55 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

So here's my story: 

On the 15th, I "tried" to buy 5 Princess $500 cards for $2250. Error message said 3rd party problem, no red banner about cart being bad.

From 15th to 19th, I tried phone, changing browser, Daughters laptop etc.....

On the 2oth I opened my credit card to see a $20,000.00 balance owed.....WT???

Called AARP, sorry call your credit card company

So Barclays tells me all disapproved and will drop off

NOT SO FAST!!!!!!!

Later on 20th I see I'm now sitting on a $15,000 credit. Seems AARP refunded 16 cards instead of 8, oh well figure they'll find out and fix.

NOPE

They reversed and I'm still owing $20,000

Call Barclays, sorry you need to go back to AARP

Now it's pushed up to resolution desk and check back in 2-3 business days if you don't hear from us.

The only way to get the cards is through the Cart so if you need Princess cards this month to BAD.

With abysmal failures like you describe, it is possible that AARP shut down their Rewards website until they could figure out what is going on.