AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

6 minutes ago, disfan13 said:

How do you do this? 

in the ups app (or website) you setup an account, and then add all of your info.  You will get notifications of any inbound ups package, and you can choose delivery options (like not requiring a signature, or rerouting to the office).

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, wardwhitty said:

So sorry because I know this is in the thread somewhere, but are all cards delivered UPS or just over a certain amount?  Can you have it delivered to a work address instead of your home so you can sign?

Like jbethel said, the shipping and billing addresses have to match within your Allstate Rewards account. If they don't, it won't even let you place the order. I've seen a couple people say they changed their billing address in their Allstate Rewards account to their work address so it matches the shipping address and they can have them delivered to their work. That's one option, I suppose. Not ideal, in my opinion.

If you sign up for a free UPS MyChoice account and choose to re-route the delivery to your work, you're charged a small fee (less than $10), but they also say additional transportation charges may apply if the new address is outside the original delivery area. You can have it delivered to a UPS Store free of charge. You can also have them leave it with a neighbor for free, but just make sure it's a trusted neighbor. Have a look at this page to see the features of MyChoice: https://www.ups.com/us/en/services/tracking/mychoice.page

For orders under $500 that are shipped via USPS, I don't think there's any options to make changes. If they attempt delivery and no one's there to sign, you could always go to the Post Office to get it.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:03 PM, Saint Greg said:

I ordered some on friday because I freaked out when I saw someone say none were available. After I bought them I realized they were talking about princess. Anyway. I've been checking my UPS app every day waiting for them to pop up. They just did today. Scheduled delivery is Thursday. I requested a change to a UPS store which sometimes pushes the delivery back a day. 

CD03006F-A592-42EF-9BBB-131A58C677AD.jpeg

I ordered 1 $500 card on Tuesday at lunch time.  No email yet saying it has shipped but some have said they actually received them in as little as 3 days.  Just logged on to add the most recent codes and checked my order details.  That says it shipped yesterday, shipping method "miscellaneous" and there's no tracking number.  Interesting.

Must be patient, which is not something I'm very good at doing! 😐

3 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

When I log into allstate via my phone it gives me tracking info. If I log in via computer it will not be there! This is for UPS shipments.

When you say on your phone, do you mean the Allstate app or the mobile website?

I ditched the app long ago. It wouldn't let me do anything without turning on location services and letting it track me. I don't do the Drivewise tracking, so it's annoying that it requires tracking to be turned on just for general app use.

1 hour ago, Organized Chaos said:

When you say on your phone, do you mean the Allstate app or the mobile website?

I ditched the app long ago. It wouldn't let me do anything without turning on location services and letting it track me. I don't do the Drivewise tracking, so it's annoying that it requires tracking to be turned on just for general app use.

The mobile website which on my phone uses chrome .

This is what my phone screen shows. This was from October. I do have the UPS account also that notifies me of Card delivery. I get no email from Allstate that anything shipped via UPS.

Screenshot_2019-11-22-17-39-35.png

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, thatoneguyyouknow said:

I signed up and got the 5k points. But didn't get the 10k for drivewise sign up and no points for driving yet. Any idea what I may have done wrong?

I went back and looked at past posts and people said that you had to use Drivewise for 2-3 days before being awarded the 10,000 points. I don't know if they're still giving out that bonus or not.

Also, to get the points for safe driving, again, I think you have to let it track you for a few days each time.

Have you watched the tutorial videos yet? Login to the website and click "How to Earn" at the top of the page. Then watch all 6 videos. I think they're worth 500 each. I'm not sure if you can do this through the app.

Edited by Organized Chaos

On 11/19/2019 at 7:16 PM, CABO BOB said:

Dyslectic Bob Here, They work you just need to figure them out. And no giving out the answers!!!!

Have a few codes 1st three lines....

91EDIUGTFIG 

EDIUGTFIG91

EDIUGTFIG9102

EREHT HTROW OOO3 STNIOP!!!!

KCUL DOOG

Quiz Bob :classic_tongue::classic_biggrin::classic_tongue:and his dyslecticettes

9102EDIUGTFIG work's as well for another 1,000 points

On 11/23/2019 at 7:18 PM, cinnamin said:

Do you guys happen to know if there is a per person or cabin limit for how much gift cards that can be applied to a s&s account? I found different answers online. Thank you in advance!

I use the larger denominations as payments on the balance due on the bookings, but I take $100 cards with me to apply to my S&S account on board.

I would rather have a balance due when I disembark that goes on my AMEX card (that earns 3x points for travel) than over-apply GCs and have to get a refund.

There's some debate on whether you get the overage refunded in the form of a check (which happened to me the only time I had one) or whether it goes back onto a GC.  I suppose the cruise line doesn't want people converting CGs to cash in that manner.

4 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I use the larger denominations as payments on the balance due on the bookings, but I take $100 cards with me to apply to my S&S account on board.

I would rather have a balance due when I disembark that goes on my AMEX card (that earns 3x points for travel) than over-apply GCs and have to get a refund.

There's some debate on whether you get the overage refunded in the form of a check (which happened to me the only time I had one) or whether it goes back onto a GC.  I suppose the cruise line doesn't want people converting CGs to cash in that manner.

Gift cards will be refunded with new gift cards. Happened to me very recently. Got back 366 dollars from last cruise.

Edited by n6uqqq

Yes, and that's what "everyone" had said before the first time I cruised and applied one $500 card to my account.  At the end of the week, I had a credit balance.  I expected that balance to go back on the card I had applied or that they'd send me a new one, but instead, I received a check in the mail about 10 days after I disembarked.

So, as usual, Carnival isn't totally consistent with the treatment of these balances although it does seem that most people get another card. 

Still, I'd rather just apply smaller cards as I need them during the cruise, especially since I wouldn't know when a refund card would be due to arrive.  They mail them, right?  They don't create a new card for you and hand it to you on the ship, do they?

I'm always stressed about the ones that come USPS since my mail carrier has a bad habit of putting mail in the wrong boxes.  If Carnival just decides to mail me a new card, I have no idea when to expect it!

3 minutes ago, NCTribeFan said:

Yes, and that's what "everyone" had said before the first time I cruised and applied one $500 card to my account.  At the end of the week, I had a credit balance.  I expected that balance to go back on the card I had applied or that they'd send me a new one, but instead, I received a check in the mail about 10 days after I disembarked.

So, as usual, Carnival isn't totally consistent with the treatment of these balances although it does seem that most people get another card. 

Still, I'd rather just apply smaller cards as I need them during the cruise, especially since I wouldn't know when a refund card would be due to arrive.  They mail them, right?  They don't create a new card for you and hand it to you on the ship, do they?

I'm always stressed about the ones that come USPS since my mail carrier has a bad habit of putting mail in the wrong boxes.  If Carnival just decides to mail me a new card, I have no idea when to expect it!

I always get a new gift card sent to me when I don’t use all of it. But if they want to cut me a check, I’m fine with that as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCTribeFan said:

I have had three refunds all back to new gift cards. It always comes via FEDEX 2nd day air for me. Maybe there are circumstances in which a check will be cut but I have never gotten one. Maybe they cut a check if there is more than just gift cards being refunded?