Upgrade Notice Year in Advance?

velmasue

Me again. We've been on almost 30 cruises, but only 3 on Princess. Have never been offered an upgrade of any kind until this Crown Princess cruise.

So now we have gotten another notice for the same Feb '17 Crown sailing and have been "upgraded" (again!) to a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck! I would assume any mini-suite would be more desirable than a plain ole balcony room.

The mini suites are very nice but the one's on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered. Many folks love them, though.

We prefer and always book the mini's on Emerald deck as they are completely covered.

The mini suites are very nice but the one's on Dolphin deck are completely uncovered. Many folks love them, though.

We prefer and always book the mini's on Emerald deck as they are completely covered.

True statement. Are you recommending that the OP,turn Dow the free upgrade to a mini suite on the Dolphin deck?

I would take the upgrade.

True statement. Are you recommending that the OP,turn Dow the free upgrade to a mini suite on the Dolphin deck?

I would take the upgrade.

I would turn it down, and have in the past for a couple of upsells I received. It wouldn't be an upgrade to me, but there are people that love the open, exposed balcony. Plus those do have a bigger balcony.

I love my Emerald deck mini's especially the last two aft on port & starboard.:D

I thought that the upgrades could only be to the next category of cabin, i.e. Inside to Ocean view, Balcony to mini suite, Mini to Suite etc.

I am surprised at the original suggestion of an upgrade between balcony cabins.

IF that is the case, I will be back to marking my Emerald Mini to no upgrade.

I thought that the upgrades could only be to the next category of cabin, i.e. Inside to Ocean view, Balcony to mini suite, Mini to Suite etc.

I am surprised at the original suggestion of an upgrade between balcony cabins.

IF that is the case, I will be back to marking my Emerald Mini to no upgrade.

Those would be called " Meta Upgrades "

and can be marked as "Meta Upgrade only" if you do not wish "Any Upgrade".

Must contact whom you booked with to mark upgrade choices.

As far as OP taking a free upgrade from Balcony to Mini , that is a no brainer for me as I enjoy the Mini with larger open balcony that looks down at the water (especially when it is free).

Those would be called " Meta Upgrades "

and can be marked as "Meta Upgrade only" if you do not wish "Any Upgrade".

Must contact whom you booked with to mark upgrade choices.

As far as OP taking a free upgrade from Balcony to Mini , that is a no brainer for me as I enjoy the Mini with larger open balcony that looks down at the water (especially when it is free).

PHEW, I have mine marked Meta only.

And I agree, go for the mini suite. We took a D mini from San Francisco to Sydney and it was perfectly fine. Really fine if you must know. :)

We prefer the covered balcony, primarily for the shade, but will be fine with uncovered. Definitely accepting the free upgrade. The current mini-suite price is about $600 per person more than we paid for the original balcony and we booked during the "sip and sail" promotion (which is retained with the upgrade):):):):):):)

I would turn it down, and have in the past for a couple of upsells I received. It wouldn't be an upgrade to me, but there are people that love the open, exposed balcony. Plus those do have a bigger balcony.

I love my Emerald deck mini's especially the last two aft on port & starboard.:D

You must really dislike the mini suites on the Dolpin deck if you would turn down a free updgrade from a regular balcony on the Lido deck to a Mini Suite.

I have only cruised in a Mini Suite on the Dolphin deck once and I certainly agree that the Emerald deck would be much better, but I would still take it over a non minisuite balcony.

You must really dislike the mini suites on the Dolpin deck if you would turn down a free updgrade from a regular balcony on the Lido deck to a Mini Suite.

I have only cruised in a Mini Suite on the Dolphin deck once and I certainly agree that the Emerald deck would be much better, but I would still take it over a non minisuite balcony.

We never book balconies right now because our DD 17 sails with us but I still don't think I would accept an upgrade to a Dolphin mini, weird, I know! :o

We received an email concerning a Crown Princess cruise we have booked for Feb. 2018. We had booked a balcony cabin on the Lido deck, and our "upgrade" is a balcony cabin on the Baja deck, directly across from elevator. This doesn't sound like much of an upgrade to me? However, we have never been on the Crown Princess. What am I missing? We have 48 hours to decline the upgrade and may do so.

We got a similar notice yesterday, for a Jan 2, 2018, mini suite on the Grand... we had booked a mini D222... the upgrade, to d326 is a bit further mid ship... either is fine with us. Like you surprised to get a notice so far in advance. We usually say we don't want any upgrade. We like the cabins we book, booked this cruise on board and never mention that, did not even think about getting an upgrade... not that this one matters much to us either way.. I checked the price on both cabins... our original cabin price is a bit cheaper,now then when we booked, so it seems Princess is making up the difference by moving us mid ship... We also have a $500 OBC, plus a free dinner in Special dining room... with our original booking which was kept with the upgrade.