new format

Pickels

How do you do that on a tablet? And why should we have to do that on this "new and improved " format? It was just a quick double tap with the old one.

I would use the Cruise Critic Forums App on a tablet or phone.

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cruise-critic-forums/id630594073?mt=8

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.boardscruisecriticcom&hl=en

As to why you should have to do it, you do realize I'm just trying to be helpful and not the person responsible for the change, right? I don't think I have said if I like the new format or not; I just realize that CC probably didn't have a choice in making the change (I didn't on the two forums I run).

As of last night old format then logged on today new format defiantly do not like new format difficult to read especially with my old eyes not enough colour difference then I logged out and then back in and old format is back again guess I wont be logging out again lol

I have not had an issue getting used to the new format. I was a bit concerned at first, but then realized that the format was very similar to every other forum I use. I am sure that this format will solve some of the issues CC has had in the past; plus it will allow them to add features people have been asking for, such as a LIKE button.

I had it changed so I could see the old format but now it's not working?

IMO, there's way too much white space. It hurts my eyes.

Agreed. I also don't like how much space is open on the right side of the screen (facing the screen).

Agreed. I also don't like how much space is open on the right side of the screen (facing the screen).

I much prefer the advertisements on the side of the screen, than at the top or in the body, where you would have to scroll through them. With a wide screen, it doesn't bother me at all. Remember that CC does need to have advertisements to make money to provide this forum.

I am on chrome and have been getting used to the new format for a couple of days. No complaints, just different. Today I opened CC on my ipad mini, and have the old format. And just now, I had that nuisance 'Bad Request' dead end, so I cleared my cookies and when I brought forum back up, I have the old format. You guess. I'll deal with whichever one I get. EM

I much prefer the advertisements on the side of the screen, than at the top or in the body, where you would have to scroll through them. With a wide screen, it doesn't bother me at all. Remember that CC does need to have advertisements to make money to provide this forum.

I agree. Less annoying.

I'm not someone who has a problem adjusting ti change... but this is horrible :(

I now have a tiny 3 inch by 3 inch box to read or write posts & the other 75% is either a blank white screen or a giant ad... taking up 3/4 of my screen. I'm on a mac book air, using safari.... sorry to say I won't be here much if I literally can't read or view posts.

I'm not someone who has a problem adjusting ti change... but this is horrible :(

I now have a tiny 3 inch by 3 inch box to read or write posts & the other 75% is either a blank white screen or a giant ad... taking up 3/4 of my screen. I'm on a mac book air, using safari.... sorry to say I won't be here much if I literally can't read or view posts.

How old is your MacBook? There's something very wrong with that. I'm using this forum on my iPhone, iPad and home PC and they're all fine

Don't like it. On my computer the font is too big. And I don't like the blue. I was fine with the old format. Change is not always necessary or good. Its usually some bored programmer who decides to change things when no one had complained.

Funny. I have heard all these complaints about the new format and finally I switched over and I think its way better.

Easier to read. Font is adjustable. Its black text on a white background. I dont know how thats too bright or hard to read. The old format was black text on white background, Google searches come up as black text on a white background as does wikipedia, amazon....etc.

Not sure if its the font or text size or what. All that is adjustable in your browser.

Its way easier for me to increase text size now and the text stays in the window where as before I would always have to scroll.

Its laid out a little differently but now when I want to see links they are all neatly grouped together instead of having to scroll through them.

Maybe because the text is Sans Serif? I know for some people its much easier to read a serif font.

I like the change. Way better,

-Sean

Ok...the font is too small....the colors are too light......everything seems to blend in together...one thread to the next....

Completely agree. The whole new and "improved" set up is just plain difficult to read as opposed to the previous CC set up.

That is weird. The new format looks fine on my MacBook Pro using Safari. Does not look at all how you described. I would try deleting your cookies and cache.

Thanks Charles, that actually worked. :) I'm fine with the new format now, really not much different than before

So how do I adjust spacing differences..?

.the title of threads are still very big... text ok in posts ...and the stuff added at bottom like cruise history way too big...can i size them individually at ratios i like?

...most space seems devoted to all sorts of stuff except the posts

Also what are all the colors about where threads are listed, why are some folders black, some not ?

Seems that like many tech advances they have done it because they can, but not needed for function...simple is better..esp for things that are for fun!

Yes...the blending is what I notice too. It really doesn't flow, but maybe that is just me...I like more of a division between posts...well, I know I don't have to use it or like it; it is just a choice...that along with all the negativity does not make it real appealing, but I do enjoy some of the great factual information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Add me to the list of "Hate the new format". It`s way to bright and bold on the eyes. The old format seemed soft with nice blues etc. The "expand signature is dumb, Folks put a lot of work in and now an extra step. They were colorful and happy. Now you cannot do scrolling text (marquees) I check the roll call and sign off---Quickly!!!

That can`t be what the owners want.

Please go back to old format-Learn from Coke a Cola!