What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Friday on the Dawn. I bid in the poor range for SF, SD and SJ. Paid for a BB balcony. Bid $330pp for an SF, $445pp for an SD and $370pp for an SJ. The price difference between the BB and SJ to upgrade was $1,360 and we will be paying $740. So we saved $620. Just got the email confirmation!!
Congratulations!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

No. It was well over $1000 more outright. At least on this sailing.

That sounds better. On the next cruise on the 18th, it is only showing a difference of 200. Congrats and have a great cruise!

No. It was well over $1000 more outright. At least on this sailing.

That sounds better. On the next cruise on the 18th, it is only showing a difference of 200. Congrats and have a great cruise!

Yeah I did see that some of the sailings are closer in price. The tub and shower overlooking the ocean in the SC on the Dawn are amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have seen a number of replies that say that if your bid changes from "pending" to "processing" it means you have won the bid. I can tell you that this is just not true. My bid changed from "pending" to "processing" on the Tuesday before the Saturday cruise and then the next day it changed back to "pending" and Thursday night I got the email that I did not win the bid.

I have seen a number of replies that say that if your bid changes from "pending" to "processing" it means you have won the bid. I can tell you that this is just not true. My bid changed from "pending" to "processing" on the Tuesday before the Saturday cruise and then the next day it changed back to "pending" and Thursday night I got the email that I did not win the bid.

Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hope you enjoyed the cruise.

Wow! That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Hope you enjoyed the cruise.

Yes, we had a great cruise and a great cabin, a forward penthouse suite, the balcony has to be the best ever and we loved it. I only posted because I wanted to correct the inaccurate information about "pending" and "processing"

Yes, we had a great cruise and a great cabin, a forward penthouse suite, the balcony has to be the best ever and we loved it. I only posted because I wanted to correct the inaccurate information about "pending" and "processing"

Pending: we’re currently assessing who we can extract the most money from.

Processing: we’re gonna run your card shortly, unless of course someone else bids more, then we would have to put your butt right back to pending....

Processing: we’re gonna run your card shortly, unless of course someone else bids more, then we would have to put your butt right back to pending....

I like that. So true!

Same exact thing happened to me!

I can tell you in my case that wasn't true. We bid a lot more than someone else who did get it. Found out when we were discussing credit amounts for a 25% credit for the cruise in question.

There was nothing wrong with our credit card either.

I can tell you in my case that wasn't true. We bid a lot more than someone else who did get it. Found out when we were discussing credit amounts for a 25% credit for the cruise in question.

There was nothing wrong with our credit card either.

That does go against the belief that all decisions are based on $'s .

I wonder what their explanation was .

That does go against the belief that all decisions are based on $'s .

I wonder what their explanation was .

The person that was bypassed was signed-into his/her reservation when NCL went to process it. Maybe? I’ve often wondered this.

Based on how slow the accepted bids are rolled out, it seems that there’s a manual process going on. We’ve all called NCL and had them tell us we have to sign-out so they can access our booking. So... maybe?!?

I bid in the strong range on 5 different rooms - 4 Haven and a mini suite. This morning they were all still pending. By 10:00 a.m. they all had completely disappeared from my side. At noon I started getting emails that they were not accepted. I sail Thursday, May 10th on the Bliss.

I bid in the strong range on 5 different rooms - 4 Haven and a mini suite. This morning they were all still pending. By 10:00 a.m. they all had completely disappeared from my side. At noon I started getting emails that they were not accepted. I sail Thursday, May 10th on the Bliss.

We bid also for rooms in the Haven and non were accepted. I think the rooms were all sold out and not available.

Isn’t that the most amazing balcony you’ve ever seen? I don’t know how I’ll be able to go back to a traditional balcony room!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Some good info there thanks

No one here can answer that factually. I can tell you that this item (original price paid) is one of the parameters that is passed to the upgrade team. If you use FireFox you can right click on the upgrade bid page and see the hidden variables that are passed. Here is an example.

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.lang = "en";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.confirmationNumber = "########";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.firstName = "XXXX";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.lastName = "XXXX";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.email = false ? "me@myprovider.net,you@yourprovider.com" :"me@myprovider.net;you@yourprovider.com";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.pointOfSale = "US";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.originalPointOfSale = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.origPayType = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.channelSource = "MY_BOOKING";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.pax = "2";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.totalFarePaid = "140.0"; <------ This is the price origianlly paid per person

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.totalFarePaidCurrency = "USD";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.tickets = ",AAA,BBB,C,0,,|,DDD,EEE,F,0,,";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.loyaltyLevel = "0";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.loyaltyNumber = "#########|#########";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.loyaltyCompany = "|";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.journeyOrigin = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.additionalBidInfo = "{'bookedCategoryCode': 'IA'}|{'directBookingCode': 'Y'}|{'travelWith': 'Y'}|{'insuranceType': 'N'}|{'wheelChairCabin': 'N'}|{'insuranceCost': '0.00'}";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.pnrCreationDate = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.demography = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.requestId = "ASGHASDGAJDGAJDG";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.currencyCode = "USD";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.hideCurrencySymbol = false;

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.agencyNumber = "######";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.agentNumber = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.agentName = "CAESARS COMPANY WIDE PROMOTION"; <------ CAS Booking

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.agentEmail = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.agentCommission = "0.0";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.ticketingDate = "";

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.pppEnabled = false;

plusgrade.page.modules.modal.pocEnabled = false;

What they use these variables for is anyone's guess. BTW there are a LOT more variables passed. I just cut/paste a few.

So for the 13th sailing of Escape:

There today are showing two haven suites left. One Owners and one Aft.

So I decided to call the TA today. We are booked in a FWD Penthouse for 4. Booked it over a year ago and scored a great price on this rare 4 person suite. But, curiosity is killing the cat! So I asked them to do a “what if” I switched to one of those rooms, would I lose 700$ in OBC, what’s the increase in price etc.

So she called NCL.

NCL told her, that those two rooms are blocked, although showing available, can’t be booked because the ship has reached capacity in terms of passenger count and no upgrade bids will be awarded and Haven is sold out completely.

I’m throwing the BS flag. I bet if I went on there now and put my CC number in there for 10,250$ NCL would gladly take my money and give me the available Owners Suite at full price.

Wanted to share that. Maybe it’s legit and maybe it isn’t. Maybe some can weigh in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2Q==

So for the 13th sailing of Escape:

There today are showing two haven suites left. One Owners and one Aft.

So I decided to call the TA today. We are booked in a FWD Penthouse for 4. Booked it over a year ago and scored a great price on this rare 4 person suite. But, curiosity is killing the cat! So I asked them to do a “what if” I switched to one of those rooms, would I lose 700$ in OBC, what’s the increase in price etc.

So she called NCL.

NCL told her, that those two rooms are blocked, although showing available, can’t be booked because the ship has reached capacity in terms of passenger count and no upgrade bids will be awarded and Haven is sold out completely.

I’m throwing the BS flag. I bet if I went on there now and put my CC number in there for 10,250$ NCL would gladly take my money and give me the available Owners Suite at full price.

Wanted to share that. Maybe it’s legit and maybe it isn’t. Maybe some can weigh in on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why leave 2 Haven suites empty instead of lets say a couple of inside cabins so I agree

newbs_400x400.png

It easily could be a lifeboat capacity issue.
I'm not questioning ship capacity limits . (They are real although pretty high . I cruised on a Carnival Glory cruise that had 700+ above 2 to a cabin .) I question leaving suites vacant instead of cheaper cabins . Do Haven guests take up much more lifeboat space ? :D

Just got off the Escape 4/29-5/6. We were in a Balcony, and bid We bid $1250 PP on Havens.

There were 12 Havens still available the Monday before, 10 in 1 category.

They started disappearing Tues/Weds. By Thursday the Havens were showing NOT AVAILABLE except for 1 room.

Thursday we decided to bid on the Mini suite. $125 PP which was just in the 'FAIR' range.

We had our bid accepted 2:23 on Friday. It turned out to be the last remaining room listed on NCL.