What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Travel Agents can only “hold” a suite for 30 minutes within final payment. There’s literally I clock that counts down in the T.A. Reservation portal. After that it goes back in to inventory.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you for saying this, I am not sure why people seem to insist that Travel Agencies can hold out cabins, especially Suites/Havens, that just does NOT happen and that goes for all cruise lines. Unless the Travel Agency actually books it and places money on the reservation the cruise lines do not allow Travel Agencies no matter their size to hold cabins. Travel Agencies can many months out 12 months + have a group and may have a hold on XX number of cabins in lower categories but no cabins numbers are selected.

I agree, thanks for the above info. That, along with people believing the cruise line puts aside rooms just for bidding makes no sense. But I think people like to believe it to give them a chance to dream, when it really is false hopes. If a category is sold out, the only way something becomes available is if someone cancels, which does happen and is why people buy the insurance. So there is always some hope, but there are not a mass of suites held by travel agents or the cruise line available for upgrades. On my last cruise, out of everyone I spoke too, no one got an upgrade. The best and only sure fire approach is to book the room and category you want.

Booked on the 13-May Getaway and there is one poor Haven room left - a forward facing penthouse (h7). While I doubt I will hit the bidding process jackpot I can have one more night dreaming about it. We bid enough to make that room ours at about a 20% discount. From what I’m reading the winning bids are more in the 6-8% discount range.

Booked on the 13-May Getaway and there is one poor Haven room left - a forward facing penthouse (h7). While I doubt I will hit the bidding process jackpot I can have one more night dreaming about it. We bid enough to make that room ours at about a 20% discount. From what I’m reading the winning bids are more in the 6-8% discount range.

Please call right now and just book it. How many days do you have left on this earth? Live life to the fullest!!!!

Please call right now and just book it. How many days do you have left on this earth? Live life to the fullest!!!!

We have a 2-Bedroom Suite on a 14-day NCL Pearl cruise in November. This cruise bumps us up to the next Latitudes level - sort of analagous to a mileage run people do for frequent flier miles. We really just need a week away.

We have a 2-Bedroom Suite on a 14-day NCL Pearl cruise in November. This cruise bumps us up to the next Latitudes level - sort of analagous to a mileage run people do for frequent flier miles. We really just need a week away.

Ok fine... well justified lol

Does the original price paid for a cabin have any bearing on the chances of a successful upgrade bid?

In other words if you paid less for your cabin then someone else did, would you have to bid more then them .

Any idea when they are allocating upgrades on the Dawn these days? We sail this Friday the 11th, so I'm thinking that tomorrow (Monday) would be the day we are most likely to find out, and if our bid isn't accepted tomorrow, our chances decrease dramatically. Holding out hope for that 3-br Garden Villa, but I'd be more than happy if my Owner's Suite w/ bal bid was accepted!

Does the original price paid for a cabin have any bearing on the chances of a successful upgrade bid?

In other words if you paid less for your cabin then someone else did, would you have to bid more then them .

There are all kinds of theories and so many variables, I think it’s impossible to know. With that said, we did win an upgrade on the President’s Week Gem Sailing. We went from a BA to an SF (forward facing penthouse suite) for $640/pp. Found out about 5 days before. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Any idea when they are allocating upgrades on the Dawn these days? We sail this Friday the 11th, so I'm thinking that tomorrow (Monday) would be the day we are most likely to find out, and if our bid isn't accepted tomorrow, our chances decrease dramatically. Holding out hope for that 3-br Garden Villa, but I'd be more than happy if my Owner's Suite w/ bal bid was accepted!

:) Wednesday :D

The top 3 categories - GV, DOS, OS - all are showing sold out so someone would have to cancel.

The top 3 categories - GV, DOS, OS - all are showing sold out so someone would have to cancel.

It's funny that I'm also on that same cruise and can still put a bid in for the GV and another that is sold out. Yep, Wednesday is the day we'll find out. It's been an exciting journey but I'm really not expecting any of my bids to be accepted. It would be a nice anniversary surprise though!

that you won the bid - when is your cruise?

CONGRATS!

Friday on the Dawn. I bid in the poor range for SF, SD and SJ. Paid for a BB balcony. Bid $330pp for an SF, $445pp for an SD and $370pp for an SJ. The price difference between the BB and SJ to upgrade was $1,360 and we will be paying $740. So we saved $620. Just got the email confirmation!!

Anyone get awarded a Haven upgrade for the 13th sailing on Escape? Last night there were 2 Haven suites available, one aft and one Owners. His morning all gone. Wondering if they awarded them or if they all truly sold out which would be the first time I’ve personally seen that happen.

Far cry from the old upgrade process, where tons of rooms would go unsold, I think this bidding process is turning a lot of passengers such as us some years ago into full fare paying Haven guests.

Chime in if you got awarded a Haven upgrade on 13th sailing of Escape this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think not. The reason being is that no matter how much you or anyone else paid for the initial booking, they already have that money. With the upgrade process, they are trying to maximize the ADDITIONAL money they take in. So if I paid $1000 initially and John Doe paid $1200, they already have that money. Now if I bid $300 for an upgrade and Joe bids $200, they would probably take my bid, even though John would be paying more money overall individually, they already have John's $1200, so they would jump at the chance to get an extra $100 out of me now. The only reason I could see them considering the initial fare is as a sort of "tie breaker". If John and I both bid $200 for the upgrade, they might give it to John, since he paid $200 more than me to start?

Anyone get awarded a Haven upgrade for the 13th sailing on Escape? Last night there were 2 Haven suites available, one aft and one Owners. His morning all gone. Wondering if they awarded them or if they all truly sold out which would be the first time I’ve personally seen that happen.

Far cry from the old upgrade process, where tons of rooms would go unsold, I think this bidding process is turning a lot of passengers such as us some years ago into full fare paying Haven guests.

Chime in if you got awarded a Haven upgrade on 13th sailing of Escape this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We are the 13th on the Escape and nothing yet. I checked a few minutes ago and showing 2 havens left. We’re so excited about vacation, an upgrade would just be an extra surprise. I know notification could be 48 hrs prior to sailing, but heard Wednesday is a popular day! 6 more days to sailing! Woo hoo!

Friday on the Dawn. I bid in the poor range for SF, SD and SJ. Paid for a BB balcony. Bid $330pp for an SF, $445pp for an SD and $370pp for an SJ. The price difference between the BB and SJ to upgrade was $1,360 and we will be paying $740. So we saved $620. Just got the email confirmation!!

Congrats! We are going on the Dawn too and just got one of our bids accepted. Paid for an SD. Bid the minimum $200/pp upgrade to SC and had it accepted. Was hoping for the Garden Villa but we upgraded to the SC last time and definitely enjoyed it.

Let me guess cabin 9106?