What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Getaway May 6th

Original cabin spa mini suite, booked almost one year ago.

Offer to upgrade to all Haven rooms arrived at 80 days out.

Sorry, I did not copy down starting bid-highest bid levels.

I put bids in on all, mid poor - mid fair range.

Bid accepted today around 10:00 a.m.

Haven aft penthouse - accepted bid $1200/pp, low fair range.

I'm sure I bid too much, but I got swept up in the bidding game. ;)

Still a sizeable savings over the original prices.

Second time in the Haven, first time we upgraded through the up sell email.

Hope this helps.

For those obsessing about timing—just got the notification from my credit card company that the charges were approved at the same instant the email from Norwegian arrived.

Hooray—H5 here we come!!

All of the bids listed above were in the low/poor range.

Hope this helps some!

May 6 Getaway:

Bid for Haven Courtyard Penthoyse is processing.

Other bids (Haven forward penthouse, Haven spa balcony, Haven aft penthouse) all “expired.”

So exciting!!!

Does expired mean the cabins in that category have been filled?

May 6 Getaway:

Bid for Haven Courtyard Penthoyse is processing.

Other bids (Haven forward penthouse, Haven spa balcony, Haven aft penthouse) all “expired.”

So exciting!!!

All Havens now show sold out. Mine is still pending. Can I ask what you bid on the courtyard?

I put in a maximum bid of $400 per person to upgrade from an inside to a balcony. This was for the Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl. I should have started with the max from the beginning. We did not get the upgrade. I was disappointed as I have some back issues and realized too late that there was no chair in our room. But the rooms were sold out except for Haven so I wasn't surprised. Still had a good trip but definitely missed having a chair.

Im sure this has been asked but I looked through some of these 220 pages and wasn't able to find the answer.

I was just upgraded to a Penthouse with Large Balcony and my understanding is it comes with the butler? but i thought I've read somewhere if you get the room with an upgrade the butler is not included is this true?

If the butler in fact is included what comes with the service and what do you have to pay extra for. My cruise leaves May 4th so any help would be great.

We were upgraded from an SF aft penthouse to an H5 one bedroom in the Haven on the Pearl for our 21 Panama Canal cruise we just completed. We bid on all the Haven categories. We maxed out the needle in this category at $800 pp. It was much less than any of our other bids which were all in the fair to strong range. The people that were in the H5 originally were upgraded to the H2 Deluxe Owners Suite. I'm not sure what their bid was but we were happy with our upgrade.

All Havens now show sold out. Mine is still pending. Can I ask what you bid on the courtyard?

I was successfully upgraded as well to an H5 from a mini-suite on the Getaway for May 6th sailing. Bid $720. Alliecat44 said they posted $705.

Edited by sudsy141
Typo

I was successfully upgraded as well to an H5 from a mini-suite on the Getaway for May 6th sailing. Bid $720. Alliecat44 said they posted $705.

Congrats, sudsy! Perhaps we’ll run into each other!!

Yes, my bid was $705 from a BC balcony.

You get all the perks and services that come with the Haven including the butler and concierge. The only thing you don't get with an upgrade bidding is the additional promos. You lo only keep the promos like free UBP or specialty dining etc. that you had with your original booking.

Im sure this has been asked but I looked through some of these 220 pages and wasn't able to find the answer.

I was just upgraded to a Penthouse with Large Balcony and my understanding is it comes with the butler? but i thought I've read somewhere if you get the room with an upgrade the butler is not included is this true?

If the butler in fact is included what comes with the service and what do you have to pay extra for. My cruise leaves May 4th so any help would be great.

I am thinking of upgrading from a Mini Suite to the H5 prior to final payment because the price has dropped down to a level I am some what comfortable with but would prefer the H6 aft which is far more than I want to pay. Question if there are any of the H6 afts available at the 80 day mark would I get the opportunity to Bid or because it is technically a lower category (although always sells for more) would I not get the option?

Thanks,

May 6th Getaway: $750 p/person ($1500 total) to upgrade to a Haven Spa Suite from a Spa Balcony. Super excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What was the total $avings? I know the spa balcony’s are pricey as it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sailing June 3. Purchased balcony without picking room. I just got my room assigned. Does that mean my upgrade bid for a suite wasn't accepted or can I still be upgraded?

As long as your upgrade bid is still showing as "pending" then you are still in the running. For our June 2 cruise we booked a GTY inside room and got our room assignment a couple of weeks ago, but our upgrade bid is still pending and, in fact, we went in and increased our bids yesterday.

I'm sailing June 3. Purchased balcony without picking room. I just got my room assigned. Does that mean my upgrade bid for a suite wasn't accepted or can I still be upgraded?

If you bought a balcony category like, say BB, but that particular category of balcony cabins had gone into guarantee status, (and that's why you got a room assigned) then your suite bid is still out there, in the Upgrade Advantage ether. They are separate from one another.