What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

12 days out and the upgrade meter shows green, but there are only 2 minis left so I’m not holding my breath.

Remember what is list as available is not necessarily what will be available when it comes time to upgrade you. Lets say you are in a balcony and want to upgrade to a mini. What happens is that they start at the top of the pecking order and award the Haven upgrades. This frees up whatever cabins those folks were already in (usually balcony and mini). Now there are more balcony and mini available and they award the mni upgrades opening up all kinds of cabins. So on and so forth. So even if right now a cabin type says sold out you easily could still be upgraded to that cabin type.

Rookie question- I booked a Studio- do they ever get an upgrade opportunity and if so, how would I know if I had that available? I would love a balcony of some sort.
Studios don't get to bid. Depending on cruise you can see if the price goes down enough to upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I think other things to consider is a big one TIME of year obviously summer will yield the highest bids. It will trend downward during off peak times of the year. I would expect anyone in the summer just to book the room you want because you wont be saving much by booking and then paying for an upgrade. Some people over pay you can see that in some of the posts on here, so that there in itself is a NOOB mistake. That just kills the bidding pool as well.

I have followed this thread since the first post and it seems like the best deal is actually booking an interior room and bidding up to a balcony or a mini suit. ( I've seen a few that got them for $50 PP and on average looks like $125-$150)

Thanks for your summary! Your post was the most helpful for me on this thread, although I learned some other information as well since this upgrade bidding is new to me. We booked an inside cabin with our Wyndham points, but did not have enough for a picture window or balcony. I bid in the "fair" range for an upgrade, since I'd really like one, but I don't want to overpay either! Our cruise is still 50 days out, so I may change it. We love enjoying the entire ship, so the cabin is usually not our biggest expense/priority anyway; upgrade or not, I'm excited to be cruising this summer!

How do they work the single supplement from a studio cabin to a single in a cabin for 2 ?

they just assign someone else from a studio who also bid and you share the upgraded cabin. Europeans are a lot less uptight about those sorts of things. :)

But seriously, why wouldn't they just eat the supplement. They are getting the upgrade bid which is better than nothing.

Edited by PATRLR
typo

My family was on the March 18-25th 2018 Western Caribbean cruise. We were a group including an 80, 61, 54, 31, 5 and 2 year old. We were on the pool deck every day of the cruise and it was not a party boat like some are saying. It was an amazing cruise! I have been on many Carnival cruises and there is no comparison.

Sorry I was at work..got an email from CC and thought Id add a quick note. Let me further add to it. True they are everywhere in world, class, ship and room type. These parties that were on deck were like Carnival party/games of the yester years. It was crazy. And extreme partiers completely lined the pool, body to body, so you absolutely could not get in main pool unless you were diving over them. I get this can change due to different types of people on each week....but I read this same thing multiple times on CC Getaway ship reviews. It was true. I too was a cop. Now a teacher so maybe Im too prude..but I love fun, I an fine with occasional drinks and food times and laughs....but 58 year old wives and mothers falling over unconscious while removing articles of clothes while trying to dry hump the guys in the competition was a lot over done. And not stopped and encouraged. Ive been on Carnival too and this was WAY worse. The cruise director pushed alcohol heavily and w 60% of the cruisers w free drinks, it made it CRAZY OUT THERE. HAVEN IS LIKE NOTHING ELSE.

Anxiously awaiting word on our upgrade bid for this weekend's sailing. What's the latest people have heard on their upgrade offer? We are sailing Saturday. Is it typical to hear on the Tuesday or Wednesday prior?

Cabin can be assigned as close as two days before sailing.

Its frustrating... we are travelling a week ahead of our cruise, and will not have access to print luggage tags, etc, if we win our bids. Ya kinda wanta know where you are staying!

Just a tip - if you go to a public library, kinkos, etc. they will have terminals where you can print. I've had to print while on the road before and those are my "go-to" stops.

Its frustrating... we are travelling a week ahead of our cruise, and will not have access to print luggage tags, etc, if we win our bids. Ya kinda wanta know where you are staying!

It shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve read the porters have blank luggage tags and can fill in the cabin number. You can can show your cruise document displayed on your phone/tablet or just use your original printed document to get into the terminal, then they’ll have the updated cabin info when you check in.

Sounds like some people are counting on upgrades.. Not.a safe bet.. If you take the approach that an upgrade is a perk and just book the room you will be happy with you shouldn't be disappointed.

We have one of the secret balconies booked and have bids in on The Haven. I am thrilled with my booked cabin but if I am lucky I bough to have my bid accepted I'd be thrilled even more with a bid I'm comfortable with.

Good Luck All!!!!

Sounds like some people are counting on upgrades.. Not.a safe bet.. If you take the approach that an upgrade is a perk and just book the room you will be happy with you shouldn't be disappointed.

We have one of the secret balconies booked and have bids in on The Haven. I am thrilled with my booked cabin but if I am lucky I bough to have my bid accepted I'd be thrilled even more with a bid I'm comfortable with.

Good Luck All!!!!

"Secret balconies" what is that?!?!?!