What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Do you think insurance purchase (or not) has any weight on the UA offer? My credit card covers my trip and I don’t want to pay if it has no bearing on UA. Thank you!

I never buy insurance and have gotten an invite to bid for an upgrade for both of my latest NCL cruises (five cabins total).

NCL Sky, May 14-18. Bid $110 for a balcony. Received BA midship balconies for two cabins. One cabin assigned on Wednesday when I received the confirmation email. The other just this morning.

You can read my other thread to see the little bit of drama I encountered this week.

I never buy insurance and have gotten an invite to bid for an upgrade for both of my latest NCL cruises (five cabins total).

Thank you so much. I’ll trust my credit card for it then!

Can anyone confirm if you have paid for travel protection insurance and your bid is accepted, do you have to pay additional travel insurance? I'm in an inside room now, the insurance is $31 a person, but I believe it goes upto $100 a person for balcony rooms, which isn't worth it to me. If I'm gonna bid I think I will cancel the insurance now.

Can anyone confirm if you have paid for travel protection insurance and your bid is accepted, do you have to pay additional travel insurance? I'm in an inside room now, the insurance is $31 a person, but I believe it goes upto $100 a person for balcony rooms, which isn't worth it to me. If I'm gonna bid I think I will cancel the insurance now.
You probably need to clarify through ncl or not. I believe most not though ncl go based on dollar amount ranges not room type. Ie if your rate covers 5000-7000 you'd only need to pay more if the bid goes outside of that.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yes, it will go up if the bid accepted moves your current booking price into another price range. We had ours almost double when we were awarded an upsell. Something to factor in for sure.

be sure to check the credit card you use. one of the many benefits included on some credit cards is travel insurance including things like cancellation due to illness, etc, lost or delayed baggage and the like.

Sailing 5/29 Breakaway. Our $75pp bid on minisuite was successful. Was hoping to make it into the Haven, and I thought I bid generously. Still, I'm happy to get upgraded at all!

Our failed Haven bids were:

$1460pp for the Haven Forward Facing Penthouse (H7)

$1415pp for the Haven Aft-facing Penthouse (H6)

$1670pp for the Haven 2 bedroom Family Villa (H4)

$1515pp for the Haven Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H3)

$1790pp for the Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (H2)

Sailing 5/29 Breakaway. Our $75pp bid on minisuite was successful. Was hoping to make it into the Haven, and I thought I bid generously. Still, I'm happy to get upgraded at all!

What category was your original cabin and how much did you originally pay per person?

wow I am very surprised as your bids seem generous! I definitely won't win on my bids :confused:

I was really surprised too, but it just goes to show you that they look at a lot of factors when upgrading. It’s our first cruise on NCL, and another poster had previously bid less than we did and received his Haven upgrade a few weeks ago for the same cruise. You never know... there’s still some Havens available, so it’s possible you might get one! I wish you good luck 🍀

We're sailing on the June 3rd Escape. Our bids were quite generous too, but today I caved and just booked what we wanted. Our bids were only about $200 from total cost of what we wanted anyway, and once you've gotten to that point, and you're willing to spend $2000pp, you may as well pull the additional $200 and upgrade it yourself.

I'm going to miss the angst....sort of. I was getting way too obsessed. Mock bookings, checking inventories, you name it, I did it. It was fun, but at the end of the day, I really wanted that forward facing penthouse suite. And with only 2 left....I bit the bullet. Maybe next time I'll have the patience. :')

We're sailing on the June 3rd Escape. Our bids were quite generous too' date=' but today I caved and just booked what we wanted. Our bids were only about $200 from total cost of what we wanted anyway, and once you've gotten to that point, and you're willing to spend $2000pp, you may as well pull the additional $200 and upgrade it yourself.

I'm going to miss the angst....sort of. I was getting way too obsessed. Mock bookings, checking inventories, you name it, I did it. It was fun, but at the end of the day, I really wanted that forward facing penthouse suite. And with only 2 left....I bit the bullet. Maybe next time I'll have the patience. :')[/quote']

This is a good point, I was debating whether to book a balcony outright and hope for an upgrade or book a haven direct. But when I factored in I’d be getting 21 points, I bit my bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Are people still able to upgrade within the last week and pay the difference if available? (i.e. Original booking $1,099 and a balcony available at $1,149)- can you pay the $50 and change? I did this in the past but years ago

We're sailing on the June 3rd Escape. Our bids were quite generous too' date=' but today I caved and just booked what we wanted. Our bids were only about $200 from total cost of what we wanted anyway, and once you've gotten to that point, and you're willing to spend $2000pp, you may as well pull the additional $200 and upgrade it yourself.

I'm going to miss the angst....sort of. I was getting way too obsessed. Mock bookings, checking inventories, you name it, I did it. It was fun, but at the end of the day, I really wanted that forward facing penthouse suite. And with only 2 left....I bit the bullet. Maybe next time I'll have the patience. :')[/quote'] Congratulations!! and Less stress prior to the cruise.

When you are that close money wise you might as well just grab what you want!! I basically did the same thing except did not get to the point where I could bid a few days prior the final for Haven prices had dropped for the H5, while I really wanted H6 those prices were crazy high but the H5 difference was very close to what I planned on bidding. To not have to worry about where we might be or if any would be left. Plus getting my luggage tags mailed to me I figured it was worth it to make the big jump. :D

Congratulations!! and Less stress prior to the cruise.

When you are that close money wise you might as well just grab what you want!! I basically did the same thing except did not get to the point where I could bid a few days prior the final for Haven prices had dropped for the H5, while I really wanted H6 those prices were crazy high but the H5 difference was very close to what I planned on bidding. To not have to worry about where we might be or if any would be left. Plus getting my luggage tags mailed to me I figured it was worth it to make the big jump. :D

And the interesting thing about that was, while I was on the phone changing the reservation, the price dropped. I took it as a sign that I was supposed to get it instead of waiting!!

Does it make sense to keep the bid on the lower side until the last week or two just in case they are desperate for more money. Then maybe at the 10 days out up the upgrade offer to the maximum I'd be willing to pay??

Does it make sense to keep the bid on the lower side until the last week or two just in case they are desperate for more money. Then maybe at the 10 days out up the upgrade offer to the maximum I'd be willing to pay??

Depends on the sailing. More recently on getaway, they’ve been doing all their haven upgrades on the Tuesday before sailing. A

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By paying for the upgrade, you also get all the Haven free at sea perks. When your bid is that close to the actual price, it's a no brainer! Plus picking out your room, plus no chance of being disappointed. Congratulations on a great decision and enjoy your cruise!