What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

If you were in Aft Balcony (B1) deck 10 family of 4------------------

would you bid for a forward Penthouse suite???????? both on Deck 10

the is for sailing on the GEM this june

Just looking for your personal opinions!! Thank you for any advice!!!

If you were in Aft Balcony (B1) deck 10 family of 4------------------

would you bid for a forward Penthouse suite???????? both on Deck 10

the is for sailing on the GEM this june

Just looking for your personal opinions!! Thank you for any advice!!!

We've been in a forward penthouse suite on the Jade...which I believe is the same class ship as the Gem. We've also sailed the Gem twice. I would say, absolutely.....without a doubt...YES. Bid on it. It's a great suite. :)

Edited by Pete's Girl
Typo

We've been in a forward penthouse suite on the Jade...which I believe is the same class ship as the Gem. We've also sailed the Gem twice. I would say' date=' absolutely.....without a doubt...YES. Bid on it. It's a great suite. :)[/quote']

GREAT! Thank you for your response!!!

I like the idea of the suite perks but not sure about being completely forward on the ship or completely aft

The cruise I'm on is also sold out of Haven but I can still modify my bid for a Haven cabin. Why would that be ? I can bid more for something they don't have. Why wouldn't the offer just say bidding closed or no longer available ?

I know what you mean, I can't go without my balcony anymore!!!!

I have seen a number of replies that say that if your bid changes from "pending" to "processing" it means you have won the bid. I can tell you that this is just not true. My bid changed from "pending" to "processing" on the Tuesday before the Saturday cruise and then the next day it changed back to "pending" and Thursday night I got the email that I did not win the bid.

So where do you go to check the status of your bid?

Having read through many posts on this huge thread I believe Norwegians Upgrade Advantage program is brilliant ! They allow you to play mind games with yourself , and lose .;p It really is well constructed by manipulating their customers so much more effectively then simply offering upgrade offers .

By paying for the upgrade, you also get all the Haven free at sea perks. When your bid is that close to the actual price, it's a no brainer! Plus picking out your room, plus no chance of being disappointed. Congratulations on a great decision and enjoy your cruise!
Excellent point !

We're sailing on the June 3rd Escape. Our bids were quite generous too' date=' but today I caved and just booked what we wanted. Our bids were only about $200 from total cost of what we wanted anyway, and once you've gotten to that point, and you're willing to spend $2000pp, you may as well pull the additional $200 and upgrade it yourself.

I'm going to miss the angst....sort of. I was getting way too obsessed. Mock bookings, checking inventories, you name it, I did it. It was fun, but at the end of the day, I really wanted that forward facing penthouse suite. And with only 2 left....I bit the bullet. Maybe next time I'll have the patience. :')[/quote']

I won an upgrade to the forward PH on Escape. Loved it. The balcony was small but we rarely used it anyway.Enjoy!

Just got notice today that I was bumped up to an H5 from my Mini Suite!! I bid the minimum amount to be in the “fair” range. 5/27 sailing on the Getaway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Congrats and enjoy

What is the Haven? Trying to upgrade to a Mini-suite for Memorial Day weekend on the Sun. Crossing my fingers.

No Haven on Sun.

Minis on the Sun, especially aft, are some of the best in the fleet.

I won an upgrade to the forward PH on Escape. Loved it. The balcony was small but we rarely used it anyway.Enjoy!

You didn't feel like you missed out because of the balcony being so small? We had a forward facing penthouse on the Jade last year before it went to dry dock and the balcony was HUGE! We spent time out there because we felt we were wasting it if we didn't, but I'm wondering if that's the one thing we'll miss. You didn't miss it at all?

Just went to check on my bids and they have all disappeared. Can't access them anymore via Vacation Summary or Messages?

Anybody else seen this?

Me either. I did up my bid a little on one of the options and went back and it's gone, not even an email left. We sail the Escape 06/10/18.

Me either. I did up my bid a little on one of the options and went back and it's gone, not even an email left. We sail the Escape 06/10/18.

We sail on the Escape on June 3. My parents are also going and my mother said she can still access hers. I wonder what is going on?

Anybody stay in AFT HAVEN on Escape on Deck 15? I have been hearing that those are really loud being under the Cafe and Spice.

Would love to bid on one but those are the only two available.

I haven't stayed there but was at Spice a few nights can't imagine having a room under that its got to be very loud