What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Thought I would post my attempts. I booked an OK category on the Norwegian Gem leaving 6/2 out of NYC. Got a killer deal for this oceanview category for a total of $2300 including all 5 perks. Got Adult Beverage Package, Internet Package, Shore Excursion Credit, Speciality Dining Package and $60 OBC. Attempted to do an upgrade to a balcony at $125 pp in the poor/fair range and for a mini-suite for $180 in the fair range. Received email today denied both. A little bummed but again, KILLER DEAL and excited for vacation!!!

Leslie

Its frustrating... we are travelling a week ahead of our cruise, and will not have access to print luggage tags, etc, if we win our bids. Ya kinda wanta know where you are staying!

You don't need to print any of that stuff. The porters at the pier will have a manifest and can tag your luggage. Your existing ticket will get you in the door and that is the only reason that you need it. Download and save your e-docs to your phoone if you want them. That is what the e means.

It shouldn’t be a problem, I’ve read the porters have blank luggage tags and can fill in the cabin number. You can can show your cruise document displayed on your phone/tablet or just use your original printed document to get into the terminal, then they’ll have the updated cabin info when you check in.

This is 100% correct, except that you can use the electronic version of your docs to get in the door. I haven't printed anything since they moved to e-docs.

Got a upgrade for NCL Jade from a oceanview to a Balcony for 55 p.p.

Which sailing on the Jade?

We just got an upgrade from inside cabin to balcony on the 12 day sailing of the Jade on July 15. That’s 45 days in advance. I didn’t expect it so soon. We bid in the “fair” range - $15 per night extra, which is low for what that balcony would cost. I’m thrilled!

Jenny, if you are referring to the Sky sailing on June 4, I saw the same as you and like you wondered what is going on so I called our NCL agent. He said that a big group booked a number of rooms and now none available. We already have a stateroom but had bid to upgrade so far without success. It looks doubtful the bids we put in will be accepted although he did tell us they could have some rooms set aside for those who bid and just have not been notified as yet. That happens and it takes a little while for the site to be updated although he did not hold out much hope for us. We have an inside porthole on the 8th floor. It will be our first inside stateroom and our last four cruises have been on the Haven and 3 Penthouse suites so it will be interesting to see how we like the inside. Regardless we will be on the ship and will arrive the same time as everyone else at a lower price.

Heard anything? Ours is still "Pending". Our TA said the same thing as you though, large group reserved the remaining cabins. You would think that would have automatically expired/canceled the bids...

Which sailing on the Jade?

We just got an upgrade from inside cabin to balcony on the 12 day sailing of the Jade on July 15. That’s 45 days in advance. I didn’t expect it so soon. We bid in the “fair” range - $15 per night extra, which is low for what that balcony would cost. I’m thrilled!

We're sailing on july 26 and are happy whit the upgrade.

Choosing to be a cop does not seem a wise career choice for some who is irritated by drunks, just saying... BTW the drunks can and usually are in all cabin levels.

Drunks can be found in the Haven too, along with screaming kids and babies swimming in diapers. Haven adults only please.

Drunks can be found in the Haven too, along with screaming kids and babies swimming in diapers. Haven adults only please.

She wasn't so irritated by drunks when she started the job in 1988. Its gotten worse over the years.

• Like 1

Heard anything? Ours is still "Pending". Our TA said the same thing as you though, large group reserved the remaining cabins. You would think that would have automatically expired/canceled the bids...

My TA called on Thursday morning and said they had released 9 balcony rooms. I could have re-booked for one but the price was a good bit higher than my bid so I decided to take a chance and stay with my bid.I talked with him later that afternoon and he said 9 balcony rooms were still available. He could not tell me which ones but did say none had an obstructed view which was good. That is the last time I talked with him and NCL will notify successful bidders up to 48 hours b4 departure so if we are to hear anything it will be today.

My TA called on Thursday morning and said they had released 9 balcony rooms. I could have re-booked for one but the price was a good bit higher than my bid so I decided to take a chance and stay with my bid.I talked with him later that afternoon and he said 9 balcony rooms were still available. He could not tell me which ones but did say none had an obstructed view which was good. That is the last time I talked with him and NCL will notify successful bidders up to 48 hours b4 departure so if we are to hear anything it will be today.

What is your ship?

I can book a balcony on priceline and another website, as of 5 minutes ago. Our bid is still pending. While I'm not "sweating" the upgrade (I'll be happy with the room we booked) the anticipation is killing me LOL I guess that is the "fun" of the bid process. See you in 2 days :)

I can book a balcony on priceline and another website, as of 5 minutes ago. Our bid is still pending. While I'm not "sweating" the upgrade (I'll be happy with the room we booked) the anticipation is killing me LOL I guess that is the "fun" of the bid process. See you in 2 days :)

Just received an email denying our bid for an upgrade. That is ok. Money saved.

We just booked a cruise last week for interior guarantee. I got an email the next day for upgrade bid. I bid the lowest bid. Today I was assigned a cabin. Does that mean the bid wasn't accepted?

Nope, it means you have a cabin assigned for your GTY cabin. You will receive an email to notify you if your bid is accepted or not. You should be able to see it through the email you received confirming your bid. As long as it still says "Pending", you're still in the game.

Good luck

Nope, it means you have a cabin assigned for your GTY cabin. You will receive an email to notify you if your bid is accepted or not. You should be able to see it through the email you received confirming your bid. As long as it still says "Pending", you're still in the game.

Good luck

Thanks!! Where does it say pending? On vacation summary?

We just booked a cruise last week for interior guarantee. I got an email the next day for upgrade bid. I bid the lowest bid. Today I was assigned a cabin. Does that mean the bid wasn't accepted?

It depends. You could have been simply assigned a cabin for your GTY -or- you could have gotten an upgrade.

Go to MyNCL and log in. Go to the upgrade page and look at the status of your offer. It is most likely one of five (or more maybe) possible conditions. Note that my terminology maybe off a bit.

Pending: You have not been upgraded (yet) and an upgrade is still possible.

Cancelled: You cancelled your offer.

Denied: Your offer was not accepted and is no longer active.

Processing: Your offer was successful and NCL is about to (or has) charged your CC and assigned a new cabin.

Completed: You have been upgraded and ll the paperwork id done.

It depends. You could have been simply assigned a cabin for your GTY -or- you could have gotten an upgrade.

Go to MyNCL and log in. Go to the upgrade page and look at the status of your offer. It is most likely one of five (or more maybe) possible conditions. Note that my terminology maybe off a bit.

Pending: You have not been upgraded (yet) and an upgrade is still possible.

Cancelled: You cancelled your offer.

Denied: Your offer was not accepted and is no longer active.

Processing: Your offer was successful and NCL is about to (or has) charged your CC and assigned a new cabin.

Completed: You have been upgraded and ll the paperwork id done.

Thanks. I cannot find where the upgrade page is. Oh well, if we get an email, it will be a surprise if we get an upgrade. I guess no news is good news.

What type of offers are people getting if they initially you have a aft balcony booked

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You will be offered MiniSuite and Suite/Havens to bid on if you are in any type of balcony. They do not differentiate because you are in a higher type of balcony.