What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

I am confused. I thought the bid emails come close to when you are leaving on the cruise. It seems that some are getting 90 days in advance (see multiple people commenting on the upgrade email for Sept cruise).

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just got my upgrade invite and could use some help (clarification).

If I enter a bid of $400 for 2 persons to upgrade is this for the full 7 days of the cruise? Or will NCL multiply this amount by 7 because it's per person per day, and charge my credit card $2800?

Want to try it...afraid it will be more than I had intended! :confused:

If you bid 400$ then it's 800 total you have to pay for first and second guest

I am confused. I thought the bid emails come close to when you are leaving on the cruise. It seems that some are getting 90 days in advance (see multiple people commenting on the upgrade email for Sept cruise).

The email is about 80 days out and they can accept it anytime but most bids get accepted 10-2 days before your cruise

I modified a bid last night for the July 16 Breakaway sailing. Anyone have any experience with how NCL treats a modified bid?

I modified my bid on my Escape cruise June 17-24 about 2 weeks before sail date and got the upgrade. I bid lower than my original bid.

What does it mean if the offer goes away completely after I have already bid? I am 50 days out & it was there this AM, open to modification, but now all offers are gone along with the banner.

Don't worry it will come back. I had the same thing happen to me.

I was in a spa suite and noticed that the upgrade price to an H9 Haven spa suite was only $1300, and the minimum bid for me to bid was $750 per person. It was cheaper to just pay the $1300 and I get all the full Haven promos too.. and since I booked my original cruise prior to the recent change about UBP and UDP surcharge no longer being included with the Haven, I didn’t have to pay the fees either. Might want to check if your reservations are similar.

Just an update so I don't throw anyone off with my original reply:

NCL *did* just try to collect an extra $240 in fees from me despite being told they were included in my room due to the booking date. I told them to listen to the recording of my call, and I guess they did as they came back and told me I would not have to pay the fees after all. This isn't the norm, but didn't want to give misleading information.

Ok... I am on the breakaway July 16th to Bermuda. I had bids in on all Haven rooms. Just checked yesterday morning and it said all have expired except one says processing. Still no charges on my card. Anyone seen the processing message and get it or not get it. Please let me know.

Thanks

Ok... I am on the breakaway July 16th to Bermuda. I had bids in on all Haven rooms. Just checked yesterday morning and it said all have expired except one says processing. Still no charges on my card. Anyone seen the processing message and get it or not get it. Please let me know.

Thanks

Congrats! Sounds like you got it [emoji4]

Thanks

Yes, you got it! Which one did you win?

I'm on the Sept 18 Sky sailing and I got the bid email yesterday. From an inside to a balcony bid.

Jim

All of you getting this email did you book directly with NCL?

I booked with an online TA. My email came directly from NCL and not through my TA. My response from NCL did not say if my offer was strong, avg or weak, however as some have indicated.

Jim

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk