What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Sooo - just got an separate emails about upgrade advantage for both my (linked) balcony cabins for our August Med cruise. There must be a lot of unbooked cabins, as we had upgrade bid offers for H2,H4,H5, H6 , H9 and mini-suites!! The H2 was from 0 to $3500 per person, H4 0-$3000 pp, H5, H6,and H9 from 0 to $2000 pp, and mini-suites 0-$400 pp. I have always wanted to try a Haven cabin, but not on this port-heavy itinerary, where we will be off the ship almost all day six out of 7 days, and will not get anywhere near maximum use of the Haven benefits. As they cannot guarentee our cabins will be near each other, we don't want to give up our adjoining cabins. The offer also showed up on My NCL page.

Sooo - just got an separate emails about upgrade advantage for both my (linked) balcony cabins for our August Med cruise. There must be a lot of unbooked cabins, as we had upgrade bid offers for H2,H4,H5, H6 , H9 and mini-suites!! The H2 was from 0 to $3500 per person, H4 0-$3000 pp, H5, H6,and H9 from 0 to $2000 pp, and mini-suites 0-$400 pp. I have always wanted to try a Haven cabin, but not on this port-heavy itinerary, where we will be off the ship almost all day six out of 7 days, and will not get anywhere near maximum use of the Haven benefits. As they cannot guarentee our cabins will be near each other, we don't want to give up our adjoining cabins. The offer also showed up on My NCL page.

Odd, there was no minimum amount listed?

Odd, there was no minimum amount listed?

Misread the email bids. It started with "no offer" and the minimum to maximum offers were as follows:

H2- $1260 to $3500 pp

H4- $790 to $3000 pp

H5 - $520 to $2000 pp

H6 - $530 to $2000 pp

H9 - $520 to $2000 pp

minisuite $50 to $400 pp

Again, as we will not be on the ship that much, and as much as I wanted to try the Haven, even the minimum bids (which are listed as "poor") add up quickly with 2 cabins of 2 people. I am happy with the balcony cabins/perks we originally chose. ( we booked when the free gratuities were being offered, so grabbed that as a perk.) Would rather spend our money in the ports!

Sooo - just got an separate emails about upgrade advantage for both my (linked) balcony cabins for our August Med cruise. .... As they cannot guarentee our cabins will be near each other, we don't want to give up our adjoining cabins. The offer also showed up on My NCL page.

Since you most probably would not get adjoining cabins, you should not bid.

And, there is a good chance one cabin MIGHT get a suite and the other would not which would cause all sorts of eating issues.

Not a good choice to bid in this case.

Does the Min, max depend on length of cruise and destination, I wonder...

From following this thread it seems to vary most significantly based on 1) fare originally paid / current cabin class, 2) occupancy level of sailing, 3) destination, 4) length of cruise, 5) phase of moon, 6) breakfast choice of programmer, and 7) other.

From following this thread it seems to vary most significantly based on 1) fare originally paid / current cabin class, 2) occupancy level of sailing, 3) destination, 4) length of cruise, 5) phase of moon, 6) breakfast choice of programmer, and 7) other.

Well said.

And the most important one : Where can they get the most money into NCL bank account. Nothing wrong with that, just a reality.

I believed you till you got to # 5! Lol! Too funny! :-)

We are on the August 26th Escape and originally paid $2780 (kids sail free) for a mid ship balcony and received the below offers with minimum and maximum bids. We submitted a bid for all of the below except the mini-suite as it does not seem to be much of an upgrade.

H2 $1500-$3000

H3 $1500-$3000

H4 $1000-$2750

H6 $750- $2500

H7 $400- $2000

Mini-suite $25-$400

Edited by undecided1
misspell

We are on the August 26th Escape and originally paid $2780 (kids sail free) for a mid ship balcony and received the below offers with minimum and maximum bids. We submitted a bid for all of the below except the mini-suite as it does not seem to be much of an upgrade.

H2 $1500-$3000

H3 $1500-$3000

H4 $1000-$2750

H6 $750- $2500

H7 $400- $2000

Mini-suite $25-$400

We sail on the Escape as well, but on August 19th. Those are the same offers we received. We opted not to bid because we're traveling with our children and their significant others and we don't want to be in the Haven and them not (and we're not paying to upgrade them all!). The upgrade to a minisuite over a balcony isn't worth it to me.

H2 $1500-$3000

H3 $1500-$3000

H4 $1000-$2750

H6 $750- $2500

H7 $400- $2000

Mini-suite $25-$400

We're on the same cruise. We are in an aft facing balcony and we're offered same as you in addition to H9 and H5. We only bid on H9, H7, H6 and H5. Good luck on your bid

OK so there's lots of talk about this new upgrade bid system that went fleet wide recently.. so Im wondering

- what offer everyone received

-what cabin do you have now?

-did you bid ?

- if you don't mind telling what did you bid

- was it accepted

-how long did it take to get accepted?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Hello!

The up bid system on cruise we took in Apr 2017, appeared to be used to trick newbies, who had some guaranteed category, into spending money for a possible upgrade that they may have gotten anyway with no additional costs. I bid $1100 dollars on an upgrade from a category B9 to H9 and it was turned down. Two others, on the roll call board had a guaranteed balcony and their bids for other Haven categories were both in the $805 and $845.

I had already paid for one of the most expensive standard balcony staterooms, but the others had only paid a minimal amount. I bet several folks who had a guaranteed interior or ocean view also paid for an upgrade to a higher category as well.

NCL did not tell me my bid was not accepted until about 32 hours before departure. We were on the way to Miami when we got the news.

We had been at sea with NCL for about 35 days before the cruise we took in April. We had taken this same cruise in April 2016 as this is a birthday week, and things were perfect! However, in the year since then, apparently things changed at NCL. The list of cutbacks and shortcuts that they took between our last two cruises is too long to go into, and many others have detailed them.

I have two each, $250 cruise next certificates that I would like to sell since I am so upset with the new business model of NCL.

Send me a bid on them!

Boo

Hello!

The up bid system on cruise we took in Apr 2017, appeared to be used to trick newbies, who had some guaranteed category, into spending money for a possible upgrade that they may have gotten anyway with no additional costs. I bid $1100 dollars on an upgrade from a category B9 to H9 and it was turned down. Two others, on the roll call board had a guaranteed balcony and their bids for other Haven categories were both in the $805 and $845.

I had already paid for one of the most expensive standard balcony staterooms, but the others had only paid a minimal amount. I bet several folks who had a guaranteed interior or ocean view also paid for an upgrade to a higher category as well.

NCL did not tell me my bid was not accepted until about 32 hours before departure. We were on the way to Miami when we got the news.

We had been at sea with NCL for about 35 days before the cruise we took in April. We had taken this same cruise in April 2016 as this is a birthday week, and things were perfect! However, in the year since then, apparently things changed at NCL. The list of cutbacks and shortcuts that they took between our last two cruises is too long to go into, and many others have detailed them.

I have two each, $250 cruise next certificates that I would like to sell since I am so upset with the new business model of NCL.

Send me a bid on them!

Boo

I have my first cruise with NCL on Escape on Nov 25 2017. How do these certificates work? Can I use them on an existing reservation?

I have my first cruise with NCL on Escape on Nov 25 2017. How do these certificates work? Can I use them on an existing reservation?

My apologies, but I am not sure. I have used four of them in the past, but I only used them either for down payments or for final payments when I booked the cruises.

My apologies, but I am not sure. I have used four of them in the past, but I only used them either for down payments or for final payments when I booked the cruises.

If I can use them I would be interested. How much do you want for each one? I will call NCL and see if I can use your certificates. Thanks

...How do these certificates work? Can I use them on an existing reservation?

....I have two each' date=' $250 cruise next certificates that I would like to sell since I am so upset with the new business model of NCL. ..[/quote']

This is the UPGRADE thread.

You might want to check out this thread about certificates.

During past 4 years I have had 11 NCL cruises. Seldom got an upsell offer. I had their phone number, so sometimes I would phone them. Maybe the "bid" routine is new. Usually they had a price for a category upgrade. It seemed they wanted to sell suites, mini-suites, and balcony's first. The whole upsell is what inventory they have left for sure.

I do know on a San Juan sailing my Canadian friends got offered a suite from an Inside. I got offered nothing from a balcony. Which has usually been the case on "upsell" for me. Nothing.

We're sailing on the Star in August and received the bid notification at 80 days to sailing. Is there a good time to place a bid, should we wait until we get closer to departure or does the timing not matter? Were hoping to upgrade from on OV to Balcony or MS. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

We're sailing on the Star in August and received the bid notification at 80 days to sailing. Is there a good time to place a bid, should we wait until we get closer to departure or does the timing not matter? Were hoping to upgrade from on OV to Balcony or MS. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Forums mobile app

JMHO but I would bid asap. You can always lower or raise your bid.:)

Just received our upgrade for our July 1st sailing in the Escape from Oceanview to Balcony.💥😎😁!! Saved $200 from what it would have cost me if I had booked the same cabin when I originally booked so we are very happy. If you use the system as we did it certainly works..

Just received our upgrade for our July 1st sailing in the Escape from Oceanview to Balcony.💥😎😁!! Saved $200 from what it would have cost me if I had booked the same cabin when I originally booked so we are very happy. If you use the system as we did it certainly works..

Was it a difference in price from what you would have paid to do it if you had called and asked to be switched?

For example say it's 200 more PP showing online to book that cabin. Did you bid/pay the same amount? Lower? Or higher?

Just curious. I want to be prepared. Ours is a ways off but kinda hoping for a spa mini suite...(booked in large balcony)

It was a savings from the time I originally booked last October. I watched the price for balconies religiously until my final payment was due at 90 days and they never dropped so we stayed with our OV. Price was a total of $500 for the lowest balcony(not guaranteed balcony as we wanted the free perks). So I wound up saving $200 total with my accepted bid to upgrade. Hopefully that clarifies. I could have very possibly got the upgrade with a lower bid but didn't want to take a chance of not getting it knowing I still had a decent savings regardless.

H2 $1500-$3000

H3 $1500-$3000

H4 $1000-$2750

H6 $750- $2500

H7 $400- $2000

Mini-suite $25-$400

And we are on the same sailing but got a different offer. We are already booked in a Haven suite, H8 (Deluxe Haven Spa Suite) (there is only one cabin in this category on the ship). We were only offered 3 choices:

H2 $750-$3000

H3 $750-$2000

H4 $500-$1500

Looks like original category of cabin booked is a factor in the offers. I guess they figure they could make more money this way, since they'd also be able to get a higher bid for the original booked cabin.