What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

This might be a stupid question....if your bid is accepted and you upgrade to a higher category, I fully understand you do not get the perks associated with that category (i.e. $500 OBC for a haven room). But you don't lose the perks you already had booked right? We have the WiFi and Drink package with our balcony room and some small OBC. Want to make sure those will remain if our bid is accepted

This might be a stupid question....if your bid is accepted and you upgrade to a higher category, I fully understand you do not get the perks associated with that category (i.e. $500 OBC for a haven room). But you don't lose the perks you already had booked right? We have the WiFi and Drink package with our balcony room and some small OBC. Want to make sure those will remain if our bid is accepted

Exactly. When you upgrade through the bidding process, you keep the perks you got with your original booking.

Just received our upgrade for our July 1st sailing in the Escape from Oceanview to Balcony.💥😎😁!! Saved $200 from what it would have cost me if I had booked the same cabin when I originally booked so we are very happy. If you use the system as we did it certainly works..

Congrats! I'm on the same cruise but my bids stil say pending. Cruise looks sold out online. Looking forward to a great time!

Just received our upgrade for our July 1st sailing in the Escape from Oceanview to Balcony.💥😎😁!! Saved $200 from what it would have cost me if I had booked the same cabin when I originally booked so we are very happy. If you use the system as we did it certainly works..

Congrats! I bid for July 2nd cruise so maybe I will hear soon-all my bids say pending (I guess that's good?) How did you find out? Did they email you or message you on the website?

How do you see your bid status?

Log on to your NCL account and on your homepage you should see the banner in the middle of the screen to "submit offer to upgrade" link, click on it. That will take you to the bid page, just scroll down to the category that you bid on and click on the review your bid link.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another probably stupid question...but this is our first cruise since they implemented this system.

We are on the 6/25 Breakaway cruise. Got the upgrade offers, made some bids, etc. I see it says we will be notified, at the latest, 2 days prior to sailing if we were upgraded.

But do we get notified if we weren't? We leave on a Sunday. The Thursday before we are leaving for a trip for our nephews' graduation, and driving from there to the pier on Sunday morning. Taking our cruise luggage of course, with the luggage tags.

Basically, just wondering if we will be notified one way or another so I know if I have to find a Kinkos or Staples to print new luggage tags and Edocs then what we will have on Wednesday night when we're packing everything.

Another probably stupid question...but this is our first cruise since they implemented this system.

We are on the 6/25 Breakaway cruise. Got the upgrade offers, made some bids, etc. I see it says we will be notified, at the latest, 2 days prior to sailing if we were upgraded.

But do we get notified if we weren't? We leave on a Sunday. The Thursday before we are leaving for a trip for our nephews' graduation, and driving from there to the pier on Sunday morning. Taking our cruise luggage of course, with the luggage tags.

Basically, just wondering if we will be notified one way or another so I know if I have to find a Kinkos or Staples to print new luggage tags and Edocs then what we will have on Wednesday night when we're packing everything.

I'm on that same cruise and was notified a week ago that I did get upgraded. I hear that people do get notified if they weren't, but that is usually two days prior to sailing.

I'm on that same cruise and was notified a week ago that I did get upgraded. I hear that people do get notified if they weren't, but that is usually two days prior to sailing.

We only booked it about 2 weeks ago. Same day we booked it, later in the day we got the upgrade offer. Made some bids, but if people (like yourself) were already notified they rec'd their upgrades, highly unlikely any of our offers would be accepted. Some of the Haven rooms we were able to bid on even show as sold out on the website.

If we haven't heard back in our upgrades yet, should we assume we're out of luck? Sailing Sunday on Breakway. We currently have OB room and regret it, realizing our budget allows for something higher :( our bids are in the "good" range and we have raised them. First time on NCL, so I apologize for my annoying question :)

We've never sailed NCL before so I don't know much regarding the sizes and accommodations of the rooms. We're currently booked in a balcony stateroom and received the email for the opportunity to upgrade. I'm given the opportunity for either a 1 or 2 bedroom suite or penthouse, deluxe penthouse or owners suite. If I bid on the suites, is it worth the extra money? Yes, I realize that's a subjective question ;) Just looking for expertise from those who have sailed on a standard balcony room. There will be 4 of us in the room (2 9 years olds).Thanks!

We just got an email yesterday to upgrade to the Haven (Sail Sept 2-9) and we made a bid for it. So I did a mock booking and the category we bid for came back sold out. So once they send those emails out do they block some of the rooms, just wondering what our chances are.

Yes you keep your original perks...

If we haven't heard back in our upgrades yet, should we assume we're out of luck? Sailing Sunday on Breakway. We currently have OB room and regret it, realizing our budget allows for something higher :( our bids are in the "good" range and we have raised them. First time on NCL, so I apologize for my annoying question :)

You won t see anything until sometime on Friday...usually 2 days prior to sailing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Forums mobile app

We just got an email yesterday to upgrade to the Haven (Sail Sept 2-9) and we made a bid for it. So I did a mock booking and the category we bid for came back sold out. So once they send those emails out do they block some of the rooms, just wondering what our chances are.

I'm in the same boat. Offered an H1 ....but they are all sold out. And have been for months. Will be interesting.

If you upgrade by paying the fare price, will the end of the cruise invoice list the stateroom price also or does it just list the onboard activity. I want to surprise my family, but I wasn't planning on sharing the total cost of the cruise.

Your cruise fare does not show on your onboard account anywhere.