What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

""

I do see your point, but I am sure that many people who receive the emails will probably put in a minimum bid on something. I doubt I am the only person getting that email to put in a minimum bid and that only one room is available. My post stated that I MIGHT bid one ONE of the rooms. I didn't state which room and didn't state that I was going to do it.

While I appreciate the semantics, my point that you already showed your hand still stands. The rest is just conjecture.

While I appreciate the semantics, my point that you already showed your hand still stands. The rest is just conjecture.

How do you know? Perhaps it was all a ruse - tell people you're only bidding the minimum, to induce them to bid just a bit above - and then you can actually bid higher and get the room!!! ;)

How do you know? Perhaps it was all a ruse - tell people you're only bidding the minimum, to induce them to bid just a bit above - and then you can actually bid higher and get the room!!! ;)

Perhaps it was a ruse...just more conjecture.

Point is, was, and will be that the end result is nothing but an attempted negative influence toward a person's situation. There is nothing beneficial to the cruiser here....unless the intent is to mislead others.

No, if your bid is accepted you get what they assign you, no recourse.

This is why it is not a good enough gamble for me, getting a room under or over a noisy venue or not midship.

I like to check this site for advice or which cabins to avoid. Cruise advice dot org

This is why it is not a good enough gamble for me, getting a room under or over a noisy venue or not midship.

I like to check this site for advice or which cabins to avoid. Cruise advice dot org

Interesting website, but I was surprised they didn't show anything for the Escape, Getaway or Breakaway. They do list older NCL ship up to the Epic. Still an interesting site for reference.

Interesting website, but I was surprised they didn't show anything for the Getaway or Breakaway. They do list older NCL ship up to the Epic. Still an interesting site for reference.

Check Deck Plan Genius they have them there but not Escape

Interesting website, but I was surprised they didn't show anything for the Escape, Getaway or Breakaway. They do list older NCL ship up to the Epic. Still an interesting site for reference.

OFF TOPIC - but you can also see full deck plans on the NCL webpage.

Hello everyone,

I have bid on a balcony from an inside on the august 11th sailing for the dawn.

My question is, when is the usual time when people begin to find out if they were selected or not for the upgrade.

As late as 2 days prior to cruise.

Hello everyone,

I have bid on a balcony from an inside on the august 11th sailing for the dawn.

My question is, when is the usual time when people begin to find out if they were selected or not for the upgrade.

I'm sailing Saturday and I'm still waiting. They have until 2 days prior, but the general window seems to be within 10 days of sailing. There have been a few that are before that, but not many.

Do you see the issue you just created?

In the post just before yours, caper508 stated that they got the bid email for the 9/23 Escape sailing. By stating that you intend to bid the minimum on a room, caper508 now knows that a minimum bid would tie them with you and that they should bid just one step above minimum to ensure that they get the winning bid before you will.

By sharing information, you just let your competition in the bidding know what you are going to do.

This not only puts you in a bad position, but it also inflates the bid prices as now EVERYONE here that is on your sailing knows that to win they will at the very least need to outbid your bid.

If you really want to share your bid, wait until the auction is OVER so you don't spoil your own chances.

I've shared this before and I feel I have to again. SeaShark is right. The reason there is a competitive bid now is because NCL Management realized from the previous Upsell program and this (and other) websites that people would advertise up sells and phone numbers etc and they realized there was a venue that this forum and others created that they would profit from. Now we don't have reasonable Upsells for repeat customers, now we have open bids. Every time you post your bids or interest like this you put more money in their pocket and take away more from fellow clients. Years past I tried sharing this with CC forum members but it fell on deaf ears so here we are. NCL is smart and capitalized and continues to on these public posts.

As for people taking it seriously, sure we do. When you're talking about thousands of dollars and very coveted vacations we save for all year and look forward to all year, absolutely it's serious.

Anyway just my continued feedback. Won't make a difference but wanted to share it anyway.

Best thing you can do, silence and don't bid very much. Otherwise the bottom line will continue to rise for these very profit savvy execs. From their position why not? From mine, another positive thing about NCL gone to the all mighty bottom line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good post Sailbreakaway. What was wrong with the upsell emails ? The calls to upsell department ? At least they could say yes or no real time with you on the phone. Then assign the cabin. My 12th NCL cruise comes in October out of N.O. Inside cabin is now at $1059 each !

Good post Sailbreakaway. What was wrong with the upsell emails ? The calls to upsell department ? At least they could say yes or no real time with you on the phone. Then assign the cabin. My 12th NCL cruise comes in October out of N.O. Inside cabin is now at $1059 each !

Let me clarify, absolutely NOTHING was wrong with upsell emails and calls. Quite the opposite. I loved the program. You knew what you were getting and what you were investing in. They were a great thing that repeat customers like myself loved. It made me want to come back to NCL again and again, and I did. Every time I saw a post of someone here or elsewhere giving out the number or advertising it, and saw more and more people trying to jump in on it, many first time NCL customers, I cringed as I just knew (knowing them as I do) if NCL Corporate saw opportunity to capitalize on this they would. From the halls and boardroom in Miami "Let them bid themselves to full price!" And they did! Now I pay full price for Haven, well I did, however to be honest I think I'll go elsewhere for the experience for a more reasonable cost. Friends who were employed by NCL have left and moved to other carriers, not just service staff, officers, and corporate execs and staff. Similar cultural reasons.

Ok I'm done being Debbie downer to all the bidders eager for their email. Enjoy your cruise. Don't however, let this forum or the other members make you feel like you have to win, set a budget of what YOU feel is fair and stick to it. Remember at the end of your trip you have to walk OFF that gangway and feel good about what you spent and is now gone. It's hard enough to leave and walk off on the final day, don't make that worse with regret.

Happy sailing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anybody know whether they ever send another e-mail after the first one? Meaning, if you don't bid the first time but suites remain unsold later, do they e-mail again?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I originally received an email regarding bidding - I'm noticing now that when I go onto my account on the NCL website, the offer is right there in a huge banner.

I received the email today...I saw where others said it told them if their offer was poor, strong etc. this didn't show on mine? Also people said it shows as processing, pending, etc. where are you finding this?

I received the email today...I saw where others said it told them if their offer was poor, strong etc. this didn't show on mine? Also people said it shows as processing, pending, etc. where are you finding this?

The Poor, Strong, etc will show when you decide if you want to bid and when you bid you decide on the amount, that is when you will sent the so call "strength" of your dollar amount. As far as the pending, processing that won't happen until about a week prior to your cruise date when NCL starts processing bids.

The Poor, Strong, etc will show when you decide if you want to bid and when you bid you decide on the amount, that is when you will sent the so call "strength" of your dollar amount. As far as the pending, processing that won't happen until about a week prior to your cruise date when NCL starts processing bids.

I'm thinking it may have changed. I went through the entire process and submitted a bid but it never told me the strength of my bid.

It only shows the bid strength on a computer on a phone it doesn't show. And to see if it's processing go back in and click on your bid and a list should appear with all your bids.

It only shows the bid strength on a computer on a phone it doesn't show. And to see if it's processing go back in and click on your bid and a list should appear with all your bids.

Thanks!

So we are on the 8/26 Escape and I have been watching prices debating if I should just book the Haven and this morning at 8:00 there was 5 H4's and now they are gone. Is it likely that 5 suites were booked this morning or is it more likely that they pulled their availability for upgrades?

So we are on the 8/26 Escape and I have been watching prices debating if I should just book the Haven and this morning at 8:00 there was 5 H4's and now they are gone. Is it likely that 5 suites were booked this morning or is it more likely that they pulled their availability for upgrades?

Sometimes it's a website issue. I've seen cabins appear and disappear and then reappear for my sailing pretty regularly since I booked it about 6 months ago. It may have been people getting upgraded, or it could have been new bookings. There's no way to really know for sure.