What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

bklynfinest77

Bid $50 per person ($100 total) to upgrade from Oceanview to Balcony on a Sky 4 nighter. They finally let me know they turned it down only 2 days before we sail. Oh well.:rolleyes:

Has anyone else had a problem with viewing their reservation after making a bid? I made the bid last week and ever since then, the vacation summary page just has the "uh oh" error page when I try to go to it. I suspect it has something to do with bidding on an upgrade. I talked to NCL support and they had no clue.

sharonann How much you bid? Thanks

Jonath: bids are unique to the bidder. It's based on what you paid and what category you are currently in.... Sharon may have been in a mini suite and you may be in a balcony so the best info she can provide would be "in the fair range" as that would be relative to your bid

Just an update so I don't throw anyone off with my original reply:

NCL *did* just try to collect an extra $240 in fees from me despite being told they were included in my room due to the booking date. I told them to listen to the recording of my call, and I guess they did as they came back and told me I would not have to pay the fees after all. This isn't the norm, but didn't want to give misleading information.

I'm confused.... your original booking date was before the Haven UBP & SDP had the gratuity charge.... then you upgraded (normal upgrade not bid) to Haven and thus collected all Haven promos.... but since your new booking date is after the change how did you get exempted from paying the gratuity?? I've done similiar upgrades and lost bonus Latitude Points (original booking was prior to 9 months sailing but upgrade was after the 9 months so I lost the points) or lost the old promo and received the new promo etc. Thanks.

Yes I booked directly from ncl. Some travel agents opt out so if you booked through one call and see if there opted in or not

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks I did call my TA and just upgraded from an inside to ocean view for $112 and was able to pick out my cabin.

To go to a balcony was going to cost $800 so hopefully I might have a chance to bid for it. Picking out my cabin is crucial though .

I wonder if Haven can get upgraded to a different category Haven? They let me bid, but I'm thinking it will be tough to get the upgrade. I'm in an H5 and bid on H4, H3, H2.

They most certainly do. My first cruise I upgraded from an H5 to an H2 30 days out. But be careful what you wish for! Ever since I can only cruise in an H2!

Jonath: bids are unique to the bidder. It's based on what you paid and what category you are currently in.... Sharon may have been in a mini suite and you may be in a balcony so the best info she can provide would be "in the fair range" as that would be relative to your bid

As the title of this thread says " what did you bid". The dollar amount and the old and new cabin would be great information for folks here.

Personally, I do not think it matters at all what you paid for your original cabin. Why do I say that? Easy. The only want to take the bid that gives NCL the most money. What you or the other bidder paid has no bearing as those amounts are not going to change. The money added to the bank account from this one single decision is all that matters to NCL.

I received 1 invitation to bid but booked 2 cabins. Since my children will be in the second cabin it's important to me that we are together. Is there a way to bid on both cabins & keep them together?

Nope. If your bid is accepted, you will not have an opportunity to see where the rooms are and say yes or no. Also, one cabin may have the bid accented and the other may not. If having cabins close to each other is important, you should probably not bid.

Hello Everyone!

We have just placed a bid on an H6. If NCL accepts the bid do we have an opportunity to decline? I am worried that perhaps we may not like the location of the new room.

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Krista

Hello Everyone!

We have just placed a bid on an H6. If NCL accepts the bid do we have an opportunity to decline? I am worried that perhaps we may not like the location of the new room.

Krista

No, if your bid is accepted you get what they assign you, no recourse.

Hello Everyone!

Krista

If they accept your bid, they charge your credit card immediately, and you don't know where the cabin will be ahead of time.They will just assign your accepted bid cabin.

We are on the August 26th Escape and originally paid $2780 (kids sail free) for a mid ship balcony and received the below offers with minimum and maximum bids. We submitted a bid for all of the below except the mini-suite as it does not seem to be much of an upgrade.

H2 $1500-$3000

H3 $1500-$3000

H4 $1000-$2750

H6 $750- $2500

H7 $400- $2000

Mini-suite $25-$400

We sail 9/23 on the Escape. 937279661fbf3b94388fe001023f0993.jpgand just got bid email. We have the same bid offerings as you.

I sail on 9/23 on the Escape and also just got an upgrade email. My original room is a mini suite with the larger bathroom. I am going to have to read up on the Haven rooms to decide whether or not to place a bid. I might bid the minimum on one of the rooms and see what happens. It's just my husband and me in the room, so we really don't need a lot of space. A larger balcony would be nice and so would the haven perks.

I sail on 9/23 on the Escape and also just got an upgrade email. My original room is a mini suite with the larger bathroom. I am going to have to read up on the Haven rooms to decide whether or not to place a bid. I might bid the minimum on one of the rooms and see what happens. It's just my husband and me in the room, so we really don't need a lot of space. A larger balcony would be nice and so would the haven perks.

Do you see the issue you just created?

In the post just before yours, caper508 stated that they got the bid email for the 9/23 Escape sailing. By stating that you intend to bid the minimum on a room, caper508 now knows that a minimum bid would tie them with you and that they should bid just one step above minimum to ensure that they get the winning bid before you will.

By sharing information, you just let your competition in the bidding know what you are going to do.

This not only puts you in a bad position, but it also inflates the bid prices as now EVERYONE here that is on your sailing knows that to win they will at the very least need to outbid your bid.

If you really want to share your bid, wait until the auction is OVER so you don't spoil your own chances.

In the post just before yours, caper508 stated that they got the bid email for the 9/23 Escape sailing. By stating that you intend to bid the minimum on a room, caper508 now knows that a minimum bid would tie them with you and that they should bid just one step above minimum to ensure that they get the winning bid before you will.

By sharing information, you just let your competition in the bidding know what you are going to do.

This not only puts you in a bad position, but it also inflates the bid prices as now EVERYONE here that is on your sailing knows that to win they will at the very least need to outbid your bid.

If you really want to share your bid, wait until the auction is OVER so you don't spoil your own chances.

OMG, Is it that serious? Most people book the cabin they would be happy with from the beginning. If you book your original cabin with the hopes of winning a bid then you are truly setting oneself up for disappointment.

The bidding/upgrade process should simply be the EXTRA icing on the cake.

People are acting like they are biding on a fine piece of art or something.

OMG, Is it that serious? Most people book the cabin they would be happy with from the beginning. If you book your original cabin with the hopes of winning a bid then you are truly setting oneself up for disappointment.

The bidding/upgrade process should simply be the EXTRA icing on the cake.

People are acting like they are biding on a fine piece of art or something.

950 replies to this thread...either more to come...of course it is serious.

If people just booked the cabin they wanted there would be no interest in a thread like this.

The sole reason people are posting is because they are hoping to gain some insight into how to get the upgrade but still keep their bid as low as possible.

""

I do see your point, but I am sure that many people who receive the emails will probably put in a minimum bid on something. I doubt I am the only person getting that email to put in a minimum bid and that only one room is available. My post stated that I MIGHT bid one ONE of the rooms. I didn't state which room and didn't state that I was going to do it.