New Ship to Galveston

hulksmash

I'd be happy to keep the Liberty! If not, I sure hope Royal will continue to run 7-night cruises out of Galveston with some ship. With Princess and NCL no longer sailing from Galveston/Houston certainly there is sufficient demand.

I'd be happy to keep the Liberty! If not, I sure hope Royal will continue to run 7-night cruises out of Galveston with some ship. With Princess and NCL no longer sailing from Galveston/Houston certainly there is sufficient demand.

And yet when you do a general search for cruises on the website the ones on Liberty are most often the cheapest ones that show up for 7 day cruises. They may be filling the ship but not at the same prices they get from other ports.

I have seen talk on here that Oasis may come to Galveston, which would be awesome. Carnival is bringing Vista in fall 2018 which I think will put some pressure on RC. We're excited for Vision though, I hope the short cruises are successful and they keep them going.

I have seen talk on here that Oasis may come to Galveston, which would be awesome. Carnival is bringing Vista in fall 2018 which I think will put some pressure on RC. We're excited for Vision though, I hope the short cruises are successful and they keep them going.

That would be very awesome!

Having recently sailed both HOTS and Allure, I can say overall, I actually prefer LOS. But we are older and don't bring children aboard with us. Coastal Kitchen is wonderful but if you want to eat occasionally in the WJ for dinner, forget it on those other two ships! Too crowded. I also seriously doubt an Oasis class ship will come to Galveston for several reasons

We are booked on B2b 5 nighters in January 2018. We were on Vision in Oct 2016 in the Med. I hope Captain Slaby is still onbosrd. He's awesome.

Oh, good. Hard to see that tongue in cheek sometimes. We love Liberty! I booked a cruise three days ago for March 5 and was actually able to use RC Visa points and sail free.

These new emoticons are a step backward.

Galveston needs work on airport transfers and logistics before getting an Oasis class ship.

Agreed! We were on her in August. We vacationed in Houston for a few days before hand and it was cheaper for us to keep our rental car and pay for parking for a week than it was to take shuttles/transfers etc to the airport. There were 5 of us. I do not think I will be back unless we did it the same way again. I really liked the ship though!

We went on Liberty last December. Ship was in fine shape, crew good, we had fun but there was something missing, hard to explain. Chops was very bad, MDR food quality generally had declined tho' wait staff still great tho' rushed. I think I'd rather have Mariner or Navigator back. DW said she's not wanting to go on LB again - never said that before about any other ship we've sailed.

At present I believe Vision leaves in spring 2018.

I've said many times I wish Royal would get imaginative about itineraries so it was interesting to see Carnival announce today a series of 14dy itineraries out of US ports, including two partial Panama Canal round-trips out of Galveston:)

I've said many times I wish Royal would get imaginative about itineraries so it was interesting to see Carnival announce today a series of 14dy itineraries out of US ports, including two partial Panama Canal round-trips out of Galveston:)

Maybe RCI will have a surprise next month when itineraries come out.

At present I believe Vision leaves in spring 2018.

We don't know that Vision will leave in spring 2018. Nothing has been announced one way or another.

Sent from my iPad using Forums