What is going to happen after July 31 with the Carnival Shareholder benefits on HAL ?

sailingdutchy

Has anybody heard anything about the future of tha Shareholders benefit program . We have booked a cruise for October and were told to wait until after July 31 to get On Board Credits showing . A friend in the Netherlands was told that the Shareholder program only runs until July 31, 2017 and that there is NO official word yet that this program will be extended after July 31 ! They were told to take up contact after the end of April to see if it will be extended . This from HAL head office .

Has anybody heard anything about the future of tha Shareholders benefit program . We have booked a cruise for October and were told to wait until after July 31 to get On Board Credits showing . A friend in the Netherlands was told that the Shareholder program only runs until July 31, 2017 and that there is NO official word yet that this program will be extended after July 31 ! They were told to take up contact after the end of April to see if it will be extended . This from HAL head office .

It has to be renewed every year at the shareholders' annual meeting. This has been the system for years and it has been renewed as far back as I can remember.

This is nothing new. Just the standard procedure. I believe the board meeting is usually around the end of April (my memory is short) and then you see it changed on the CCL website for shareholder benefits.

I've just been trying to fax my docs, too, and neither of the numbers were working. My PCC said the number to use is the 206-281-0627 one. The other day there was a thread with a different number, and we've been trying both. We'll try again today. Failing that, we'll call the World Cruise Reservations number and see what they are up to. :D

Have to get it done before the AGM!

I've never seen the shareholder benefit cancelled . Usually the benefit has to be requested 90 days before the cruise. Talk to HAL to confirm the date.

I've just been trying to fax my docs, too, and neither of the numbers were working. My PCC said the number to use is the 206-281-0627 one. The other day there was a thread with a different number, and we've been trying both. We'll try again today. Failing that, we'll call the World Cruise Reservations number and see what they are up to. :D

Have to get it done before the AGM!

The number I have is: 206-270-6080. I have not yet used it but if someone has another number, I would appreciate having it.

I already got mine applied for my Dec cruise, so I expect that they will renew.
Interesting. I sent mine in yesterday for our December cruise and had a reply within a couple hours that said I'd have to wait until after the board meets in April to resubmit. BTW - the 206-280-6080 number worked perfectly.

I've just been trying to fax my docs, too, and neither of the numbers were working. My PCC said the number to use is the 206-281-0627 one. The other day there was a thread with a different number, and we've been trying both. We'll try again today. Failing that, we'll call the World Cruise Reservations number and see what they are up to. :DHave to get it done before the AGM!

When I called the other day, I was told the correct number is 206-270-6080. I was also told they are having problems with the fax and if I had time, they suggested I mail in my request. I wasn't too fond of that idea so just kept trying and got the fax to go yesterday. I already have confirmation of my OBC so keep trying and good luck!

When I called the other day, I was told the correct number is 206-270-6080. I was also told they are having problems with the fax and if I had time, they suggested I mail in my request. I wasn't too fond of that idea so just kept trying and got the fax to go yesterday. I already have confirmation of my OBC so keep trying and good luck!

Thanks, we didn't get through yesterday with the old number, will try again today with the new one, and even a new fax machine. :eek: I guess there is time to mail it in (4 weeks!), but I'd prefer to get it over with.

Thank you everybody for your replies . I just got a little nervous because I did not know this happens every year . I just purchased the shares about a year ago , should have done that 10 years ago I guess , I would have been much further ahead ! I will now patiently waite until the end of April before blowing up a storm !

Thank you everybody for your replies . I just got a little nervous because I did not know this happens every year . I just purchased the shares about a year ago , should have done that 10 years ago I guess , I would have been much further ahead ! I will now patiently waite until the end of April before blowing up a storm !

Haha! You opened a can of worms, didn't you?:) I sent my form off again this morning to the new (...-6080) number and it seemed to go through. Now we're waiting to see if I get my OBC!

But I think you should do yours right away, or it won't be on your April cruise. I think they want it at least 2 or three weeks before you leave.

Interesting. I sent mine in yesterday for our December cruise and had a reply within a couple hours that said I'd have to wait until after the board meets in April to resubmit. BTW - the 206-280-6080 number worked perfectly.

Sorry.. Fat Finger mistake. The correct number is 206- 270-6080

I just received an email regarding the 2017 Carnival Corp annual meeting. Among the proxy materials is the renewal of the shareholder benefit through July 2018. (y)

Good news - thanks for posting.

This has been a great investment. Between the dividends and OBC I think I have recovered most of my cost in the 100 shares, plus the stock is up about 75% in the past 5 years.

I've never seen the shareholder benefit cancelled . Usually the benefit has to be requested 90 days before the cruise. Talk to HAL to confirm the date.

Never knew this. We've sent ours in as late as a week before sailing and got the credit. On one cruise, the credit didn't show up, so we visited the Front Desk with our brokerage statement showing the ownership, and they applied it immediately. We always carry the most recent monthly statement just in case. On that particular cruise, it paid off to have it with us.

Never knew this. We've sent ours in as late as a week before sailing and got the credit. On one cruise, the credit didn't show up, so we visited the Front Desk with our brokerage statement showing the ownership, and they applied it immediately. We always carry the most recent monthly statement just in case. On that particular cruise, it paid off to have it with us.

The 90 days is the earliest you can submit, the latest is arounder 2 weeks prior, though I have heard of later submis sons still getting credit. Your brokerage statement has to be dated within 90 days of the cruise.