Maho Beach in St. Thomas

jfogle2017

I haven't cruised in over 7 years but RCI used to have excursions that went specifically to Maho Beach - do they not have any of these anymore? I see they have the cruise/snorkel one but we actually wanted to be on the beach..........we are not interested in doing independent excursions - for peace of mind, we prefer to stay with RCI for the guarantee............Thank you in advance!

Most people go to Maho Beach (St Maarten) to see the planes and use a taxi for this...an excursion isn't necessary.

If you just want to go to the beach there are other's you can choose from....again excursion not necessary...but that's up to you.

I haven't cruised in over 7 years but RCI used to have excursions that went specifically to Maho Beach - do they not have any of these anymore? I see they have the cruise/snorkel one but we actually wanted to be on the beach..........we are not interested in doing independent excursions - for peace of mind, we prefer to stay with RCI for the guarantee............Thank you in advance!

Are

you asking about Mavens Bay in St. Thomas? As others stated Mahi is on St. Maarten

There's a Maho beach in St. John that a lot of cruise ship passengers from St. Thomas go to. I'm not sure if the cruiselines offer excursions there but you can get there independently by taking a taxi to red hook, then a 20 minute ferry to St. John and a taxi to Maho.

Maho Beach is not somewhere you want to be at all day.

It is not a good swimming beach because it is very steep and gets deep quickly.

Also very over-crowded with people and congested with traffic.

You really need about an hour to see some of the planes land and that's it.

In St.Maarten, we usually rent a jeep and drive around the island, making that one of the stops.

Most of the island tours will stop there long enough to get your fill of planes..

There's a Maho beach in St. John that a lot of cruise ship passengers from St. Thomas go to. I'm not sure if the cruiselines offer excursions there but you can get there independently by taking a taxi to red hook, then a 20 minute ferry to St. John and a taxi to Maho.

A voice in the wilderness!

Yes, there most definitely is a Maho beach on St. John, situated within the Virgin Islands National Park. Here's a link for those who might be interested: http://stjohn-beachguide.com/maho-bay/

Thank you everyone! I knew it was in St. Maarten - I accidentally typed St. Thomas. We just never go off on our own for fear of getting lost/stuck in traffic/missing the boat!

We wouldn't want to stay there all day - we would just like to watch a few plans take off and land! As far as what else to do there, I don't know what else to do after watching the planes? Are there things to do near the port? We aren't going to be in St. Maarten for that long the day we are in port!

We rented a 4 seat dune buggy and drove around the island. It allowed us to see both sides of the island and spend an hour or two at Maho, and still make it back to the ship with time to spare. It was a flat $250 for the day and they are right there as you begin to walk in to phillipsburg (after walking from the cruise port).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app