Luggage delivered to room

Cruisin4ABruisen

Hi folks. My new wife and I are going to be departing on the Equinox in just a few days for a honeymoon cruise. We have both done cruises as children, but not adults.

We had a question about how our luggage gets to our room. Our understanding is that we will check the bags before we board the ship, and then they will be delivered to our room sometime later. We were wondering how long it takes for the bags to reach our room (by dinner, for example?). I have a friend who said the bags may not be delivered until very late, but their experience was only with Carnival.

If anyone has any idea on how long it normally takes to receive luggage, it would be much appreciated if you could share.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can expect your bags to be delivered between 1.30 and 6.00pm. The earlier you check in the earlier you are likely to get your bags. That said it is not uncommon for some passengers to still be in the embarking clothes after dinner. On embarkation day the staff in the restaurants take a very liberal view regarding dress codes

This is almost always the case. However, just to be on the safe side, I always include:

- a change of clothes,

- two pairs undies,

- sandals,

- bathing suit,

- cover up,

- nightgown,

- all toiletries and medications

in a carry-on.

Just in case a bag gets temporarily misplaced.

This is almost always the case. However, just to be on the safe side, I always include:

- a change of clothes,

- two pairs undies,

- sandals,

- bathing suit,

- cover up,

- nightgown,

- all toiletries and medications

in a carry-on.

Just in case a bag gets temporarily misplaced.

Agree, usually its there by dinner that night but we always pack clothes for the Dining room in our carry on.

Congratulation and enjoy...Great Ship

We wear clothes boarding that would be suitable for dinner. But in 20 years of cruising on 4 lines, we only once didn't have one of our bags by 6. We cross pack a few outfits in case one bag goes missing.

Then in our carry ons, we carry a pair of shorts, fresh top and swimsuits.

I remember reading here years ago about a lady who's suitcase didn't make it on her flight/cruise. She ended up having to shop for clothes..including a swim suit, at her first port of call. :eek: Horrors!!!

We are always among the first people waiting in line to board and do Concierge balcony if that matters. Our luggage is usually there about a half hour before muster. We rush to unpack then so we don't have to do so afterward.

Thankfully we never had a piece of luggage arrive late. (Hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that!)

We make it a point to pack the first evening's clothes, along with bathing attire and work out attire, in a carry on. However, on our last several cruises we have been pleasantly surprised at how quickly the luggage arrived.

We've been able to do a three day cruise with just the contents of our carry on - even formal night! Main cases never made it (delayed on a connecting flight) until we got back to Port Canaveral. The only thing we needed to purchase was sunscreen but the cruise line (Disney) did offer us as much dry cleaning as we needed. On all our cruises (over 30) cases have been delivered before dinner. Oh except for one RCCL cruise where one was in the "naughty"room - and none of us (including the person in the naughty room) could work out why!!

Good advice ,-pack a carry on for each of you.

Also, I don't think this has been mentioned- my DH and I cross pack our suitcases for cruises and land vacations that include flights.

We put some of my clothes and some of his clothes in each suitcase we are bringing on vacations. This way, if one piece of luggage is delayed or lost :eek:, we still have a suitcase with clothes for each of us.

Best wishes and Bon voyage !

Carry on can be a life saver,..

When we were somewhat cruise rookies....we booked Mercury for an Inside Passage cruise. NONE of our bags arrived in Seattle from Islip ...SW Air , It was very upsetting to say the least,

Luckily, SW Air finally located the bags still in Islip, & sent them on a twisted journey. Luggage arrived by taxi in the wee hours of our pre cruise night,. Saved from having to shop for almost everything on our departure day,

Ever.since then our carry on bags are well packed & have just enough to carry us through...nothing elaborate but we could survive,

Ever.since then our carry on bags are well packed & have just enough to carry us through...nothing elaborate but we could survive,

A number of years ago Air Canada "misplaced" our bags on the way to Barcelona. Although we flew in the day before, the bags didn't arrive in time for sailing. It was a few days before we were reunited in Villefranche. No carryons with spare clothes.

It's amazing what you can survive without when you have to.

A number of years ago Air Canada "misplaced" our bags on the way to Barcelona. Although we flew in the day before, the bags didn't arrive in time for sailing. It was a few days before we were reunited in Villefranche. No carryons with spare clothes.

It's amazing what you can survive without when you have to.

Met a family on a cruise whose luggage was lost by the airline.

They had to cruise with only the clothing they embarked in.

The mother told me they had to eat in the buffet every night.

And to make matters worse, her daughter broke her leg on the cruise & had to go home in a cast.

But they kept an upbeat attitude.

I told the young girl that she has quite a story to tell her future grandchildren someday.