specialty restaurant booking

Sunchaser46

Reservations are available for our April Coral cruise, but not yet on our September Regal or March 2018 Caribbean Princess cruises. It seems they don't allow reservations until you get closer to your sail date.

Personally, besides for the OBC and having to pre-pay issues, I have no desire or idea where and when I want to go to a specialty restaurant months in advance.

Reservations are available for our April Coral cruise, but not yet on our September Regal or March 2018 Caribbean Princess cruises. It seems they don't allow reservations until you get closer to your sail date.

Personally, besides for the OBC and having to pre-pay issues, I have no desire or idea where and when I want to go to a specialty restaurant months in advance.

I can reserve online for our 28 day this October but not for our 14 day in March 2018. It's a new thing and isn't available everywhere as of yet.

Our cruise on the Star just opened up bookings for specialty restaurants. The graphic and logo for specialty dining have been on the cruise personalizer for some time now, but only within the past week has it offered reservation functionality. I suspect that this functionality opens up 6-8 weeks before the sailing.

Our cruise on the Star just opened up bookings for specialty restaurants. The graphic and logo for specialty dining have been on the cruise personalizer for some time now, but only within the past week has it offered reservation functionality. I suspect that this functionality opens up 6-8 weeks before the sailing.

Like I said above, I have availability to pre-book now and my cruise isn't until October 8. I've clicked the graphic and it definitely takes me to the spot where it offers to let me book. I can book either Crown Grill or Share. The prices are there. The spot to do the booking is there. I haven't booked but others on my roll call have done so.

It's Princess. Things aren't consistent. How usual.

This is a new option that recently began & like other changes is slowly being implemented & may eventually be available fleetwide.

Does anyone know if I can prebook specialty restaurants on the Regal or do I have to wait until I get on board?

Thanks!

You can pre-book ahead of time BUT my issue with Princess is even though we have Specialty Restaurant Credits we can't use those to book now. We'd have to pay to pre-book. Princess needs to fix that ! Now we have to wait until we board.

My Steward confirmed with us that pre-booking specialty restaurants was mostly aimed at the ships that had "Share", and add to the rest of the fleet later. Princess is hoping that "Share" will get it's share of the early bookings. I am not saying that this is the case, only that it was what he said.

Edited by KiwiFunCruiser
Spelling

My Steward confirmed with us that pre-booking specialty restaurants was mostly aimed at the ships that had "Share", and add to the rest of the fleet later. Princess is hoping that "Share" will get it's share of the early bookings. I am not saying that this is the case, only that it was what he said.

Based on my recent experience, I'm skeptical about that being accurate.

About 2 months before sailing on the Star in January I discovered the pre-booking with pre-payment option on my Cruise Personalizer. Based on subsequent discussions the Star was the first, or one of the first to have this new option...and the Star doesn't have Share. ;)

Does anyone know if I can prebook specialty restaurants on the Regal or do I have to wait until I get on board?

Thanks!

I always ask my head waiter to do it for me and never had a problem. Just give him something for his service.

Tony

Pre booking for those ships that have it so far there are only 3 times available to book.

5:30 7:30 9:30

D'Oh! I meant to mention that limitation. Thanks for posting it.

Pre booking for those ships that have it so far there are only 3 times available to book.

5:30 7:30 9:30

That may carry through to apply to booking on board also.

After all, if they have a number of pre-booked reservations at those times, they cannot let on board reservations be made at other times without screwing up the availability of tables for the pre-booked times.

After all, if they have a number of pre-booked reservations at those times, they cannot let on board reservations be made at other times without screwing up the availability of tables for the pre-booked times.

Always a ray of sunshine.......

Actually, they can book other times without a problem.

I've normally seen empty tables even when they are sold out. I believe they limit the reservations based on staff availability - not just on table availability. If they have some people come in in the middle of these times, it spreads the work out, since everyone is not ordering at the same time.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any recent experience with pre-booking specialty restaurants but not booking just waiting until on board. My wife and I always enjoy doing the CG on the final evening. However this time, we are travelling with 4 other people, so are after a table of 6, and 4 of the 6 have a specialty dinner credit. You cannot book this online using the credit. However if i were to pay for the 6 of us, it has to be all pre-paid, and the times are very limited.

So my question is:

Do they keep a number of reservations free for onboard booking?

Has anyone had any recent experience with pre-booking specialty restaurants but not booking just waiting until on board. My wife and I always enjoy doing the CG on the final evening. However this time, we are travelling with 4 other people, so are after a table of 6, and 4 of the 6 have a specialty dinner credit. You cannot book this online using the credit. However if i were to pay for the 6 of us, it has to be all pre-paid, and the times are very limited.

So my question is:

Do they keep a number of reservations free for onboard booking?

This is my question also as I have a specialty dining credit.

Also, if I may piggy-back... My credit is for $29. If I wanted to go to SHARE (and could get a reservation obviously) would I just be charged the difference? Or am I "stuck" with Crown Grill since it's $29. (I'm on the Ruby, so no Sabatini's as an option.)

This is my question also as I have a specialty dining credit.

Also, if I may piggy-back... My credit is for $29. If I wanted to go to SHARE (and could get a reservation obviously) would I just be charged the difference? Or am I "stuck" with Crown Grill since it's $29. (I'm on the Ruby, so no Sabatini's as an option.)

This was not allowed on our Ruby cruise last month.