Picky eater on the Liberty

bubbs71

We are about to go on the 4 night Liberty to the Bahamas. One of our party is a first time cruiser, who is pretty finicky about what she eats. Mostly she will only eat hamburgers. Can she get a hamburger in the main dining room for dinner? Thanks!

yes she can get a burger in the MDR... if you can't find something to eat on a cruise, then you are REALLY picky! I'm sure your friend will be okay. If necessary she can also order from the kid's menu- they have chicken fingers, mac n cheese and burgers... so she should be fine.

We are about to go on the 4 night Liberty to the Bahamas. One of our party is a first time cruiser, who is pretty finicky about what she eats. Mostly she will only eat hamburgers. Can she get a hamburger in the main dining room for dinner? Thanks!

Could be your cruise mate's favorite but no one lives with burgers alone. I believe he/she will discover, being a first time cruiser, other meal in the MDR that she will like or at least close to it.

yif you can't find something to eat on a cruise, then you are REALLY picky! .

I agree! My 6 year old is super picky, and even with her, I KNOW I'll be able to find food for her to eat. They have all the basic foods up to the expensive foods I'd never try. My daughter will eat "naked" pasta, meaning no sauce, no butter, no oil, no seasoning. Just plain old dry cooked noodles. I'm sure we'll be able to find that. I have no hesitation about the foods and whats available. I think all cruise ships keep that in mind when they plan meals. Something for everyone! And hey, if the MDR doesn't have it, sneak it in from Guys Burgers ;)

Listen I am extremely picky myself and find plenty to eat .. granted i spend most of the trip eating the same ol stuff but that is okay with me

Being picky does not mean your five ... Sadly some people have no choice but to be picky

Is your friend five?

My thoughts exactly!

Guess if it is truly that bad then this person needs to contact special needs department (sounds like if something this bad she has an issue somewhere along the line) they can make note for dinning room. Hopefully she is not the type to book a vacation and then complain the whole time she has nothing to eat (one of the reasons we stopped eating at big tables with strangers in MDR and get a private table).

Thank you to those who tried to give a constructive comment. You are appreciated.

I guess I didn't clarify enough. I was wondering if she could get a hamburger in the MDR even though it isn't on the menu. Or is Guy's the only place you can get one? I would like her to eat with all of us in the MDR if possible.

Thanks!

I know anyone can order from the kid's menu and I am sure they offer burgers as others have mentioned. Maybe your friend can order a burger and ONE thing on the regular menu that sounds okay, and she can have a taste and see if she likes it. I am somewhat picky myself and usually just go the meat and potatoes or chicken route, but have tried different things and discovered I surprised myself by enjoying it. I believe at one time (I remember specifically on the Miracle) they offered burgers on the every day menu, but I think they discontinued that.

Thank you to those who tried to give a constructive comment. You are appreciated.

I guess I didn't clarify enough. I was wondering if she could get a hamburger in the MDR even though it isn't on the menu. Or is Guy's the only place you can get one? I would like her to eat with all of us in the MDR if possible.

Thanks!

If the inability to eat anything but a hamburger stops her from eating in the MDR then a cruise isn't a vacation for her. I'm assuming this is an adult? Not to be rude, but this is a poor life skill. Can she eat in the MDR with all of you? Of course, there are several items available per day. If she chooses not to eat in the MDR because a meatloaf, steak, chicken breast, pasta, fish, shrimp, or vegetarian dish isn't acceptable to her; don't know what to tell you.

Not saying that people don't have dietary restrictions; but no dietary restriction consists of only one food item being edible. That's a choice. If there are dietary restrictions than talk to special needs and the mdr and they will be happy to accommodate.

I think it's unlikely she will literally eat nothing but hamburgers but more hamburgers are her go to item when eating in new places. My BF is a picky eater and very much a meat and potatoes guy with no sauces except ranch and A1. He's never had trouble finding something to eat on the menu in the MDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sanger727

My family too are picky eaters so I can understand where you're coming from. My youngest (5) can get chicken nuggets every night in the MDR. My wife got chicken and I got the flat iron steak each night. My oldest (13) we rarely saw. I think he ate pizza most nights. There's something for everyone.

picky eaters are the parents fault, it's how they let their kids eat. I ate what my parents put on my plate, or I didn't eat.

As a picky eater myself I absolutely believe this ... There is a rare occassion where a picky eater is because of some disorder which is of no fault of child or parent's .... but for most it is as you say and I wish my mom would have just kicked my butt and made me eat but instead she made a meal for my step dad, one for herself, and then made one for me - Even though I want to change - I would love to be able to enjoy the good food my hubby and daughter does I can't change after 36 years - My throat literally closes up on me and my jaw locks up if I try to eat something that my MIND thinks I should not eat .... I always wished I could find someone who could legit brainwash me into eating veggies

Not to be rude,

Actually, you are being incredibly rude! I think some of you are in the wrong forum. This is the forum for the *fun* ships. Not the judgmental butinski ships (hmmm, which cruise line would that be).

If someone wants hamburger every night, or fine steak, or sushi, or pizza.... enjoy!

Happy cruising everyone.

I am very picky when at it comes to dietary needs and when I go on a cruise I'm just has picky but I never go hungry and the food choices are much better on CCL than they use to be. However since I eat a low sodium diet I keep away from buffet other than the salad and I don't eat read meat.

Gary

Actually, you are being incredibly rude! I think some of you are in the wrong forum. This is the forum for the *fun* ships. Not the judgmental butinski ships (hmmm, which cruise line would that be).

If someone wants hamburger every night, or fine steak, or sushi, or pizza.... enjoy!

Happy cruising everyone.

Wow, I agree! It seems a BUNCH of cranky people are posting today, being overly critical of others... and not just the usual grumpy gussies!

and by the way, some of us 'under 1000 post'ers are nice, too! It just seems a larger than normal proportion of negative comments today.

I think the bigger concern might be eating in ports. I wouldn't be a happy camper if someone in our group insisted that we eat only at McDonalds while there are are all those great local restaurants.

I think the only time I paid extra to eat at a restaurant in port was in San Juan, at the place where the Pina Colada was invented. If lunch is included in a tour, that's OK as well, but otherwise, breakfast before leaving the ship and a Guy's Burger or pizza once back on is fine with me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

for some, eating ashore is just a matter of being cheap or frugal. We love eating the local food on the islands. Some of the best food on the islands are LOLOs, short for locally owned locally operated, like mini food trucks. A cold local beer and some slow cooked local ribs are pretty awesome.

for some, eating ashore is just a matter of being cheap or frugal.
And it's also cheap or frugal to eat all of your meals in the MDR or buffet. If you wish to eat, go to the buffet, if you wish to eat better, go to the MDR. If you wish to dine, go to the steakhouse. Instead of spending money at a food truck for lunch and a beer, I'll choose to dine for dinner and enjoy my Cheers package.

Won't spend a dime at Margaritaville when there is food on board and Cheers has been purchased. As a matter of fact, I even brought a couple of cans of beer off the ship and enjoyed them poolside. No need to double dip and pay extra for alcohol at Margaritaville that I already paid for through Cheers.