>>Celebrity Edge<< - Exterior Views

eroller

I think I lost my post...seems easy to do with new CC format

Anyhow, we agree. By the time we realuzed we had booked AQ with bed by bakc, there was nothing decent to switch to on either side of the ship..and we will never book on the side with the ugly exterior elevator.

Bed by balc seems it may be awkward with the folding doors but we are glad we booked something.

Since the doors appear to fold out on those cabins, it shouldn't be too awkward.

I think I lost my post...seems easy to do with new CC format

Anyhow, we agree. By the time we realized we had booked AQ with bed by balc, there was nothing decent to switch to on either side of the ship..and we will never book on the side with the ugly exterior elevator.

Bed by balc seems it may be awkward with the folding doors but we are glad we booked something.

We will likely use the balc as a dining area... Reminds me of the screened and covered lanai at our vacation Condo...rather than a true balcony..

Celebrity posted a great 360 view of an Infinite Veranda on their FB page today, with the bed by the balcony. Wish I had a way to share it. Anyway it doesn't seem awkward at all. Quite nice actually. Great access to the closet since the bed is not up against it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lost a long post with the i am Not A Robot whammy...first time for me..very annoying! Why is cruisecritic doing this?

My post was about the paddle shaped items on top ( what are they? ), the champagne glass hot tubs,( high up...windy...children use them, seem more for pocono honeymooners,,very kitschy.)..and the in pool loungers taking up space..and sticking out into the pool

Hope my post shows up eventually...

Lost a long post with the i am Not A Robot whammy...first time for me..very annoying! Why is cruisecritic doing this?

My post was about the paddle shaped items on top ( what are they? ), the champagne glass hot tubs,( high up...windy...children use them, seem more for pocono honeymooners,,very kitschy.)..and the in pool loungers taking up space..and sticking out into the pool

Hope my post shows up eventually...

I feel your pain about the Robot whammy - I've started copying posts before submitting posts.

I was wondering what the paddle things were - I think they are the divisions between the edge villas. This video has a model of the top of the ship and at minute 2.09 you can see the villas at about that same area If you are talking about what I think you are :).

one of the travel agents who went to the reveal has an Celebrity Edge FAQ sheet. The FAQs cover features like keyless entry, using smart phone as a gps to navigate around the ship etc. What I found interesting was the mention of a Main Pool which is asymmetrical and a terraced pool deck and a lap pool with martini shaped hot tubs. the solarium and retreat areas are addressed separately without the mention of a pool. since only the lap pool deck is revealed, the main pool may be aft.

I have read the press release info that you are referencing from X.

The pool area is described as tiered and asymmetrical. The main lap pool is 75 feet long. There are 2 martini shaped hot tubs which are accessed from a walk way above the main pool.

The Solarium does have a pool, 40 ft X 30 ft, and at least one hot tub which are already shown on the Edge's deck plans.

The Resort area also has a pool and hot tub for suite guests.

The aft areas that haven't been revealed yet will probably be new versions of the Sunset bar and the Oceanview Cafe.

Does it seem to anyone else that Aqua Class cabins are less on this ship than others? Wasn't sure as I never paid much attention, but in trying to book A1 cabins I'm getting big fat zero's for so far the 2nd Jan sailing and both Feb sailings. Led me to come here to try to look at deck plans. Like said, looks like fewer, but wasn't sure. Also, seems Concierge class has been moved higher on the ship (we actually like the cabins right under the cantilevered arms on Mil/Solstice class). Not a negative, again only noticed because I was looking to see what was in that area.

Lost another post... very tricky to type in new CC format...

Try calling Celeb cruise planner or your trvl agnt for AQ availability

The computer automated system was not AQ friendly when we booked

Lost another post... very tricky to type in new CC format...

Try calling Celeb cruise planner or your trvl agnt for AQ availability

The computer automated system was not AQ friendly when we booked

That's another thing, I don't like that booking system at all. I preferred the old one. Now you can only see cabins on that deck not all cabins for that class. Makes it very hard because you have to go pull up the deck plan and then pop in the other cabin numbers for your category in order to search all the availability. I thought it was just me when pretty much every cabin I searched for was gone LOL

I'll call the cruise planner and see what we get.

Thanks for the heads up!

That's another thing, I don't like that booking system at all. I preferred the old one. Now you can only see cabins on that deck not all cabins for that class. Makes it very hard because you have to go pull up the deck plan and then pop in the other cabin numbers for your category in order to search all the availability. I thought it was just me when pretty much every cabin I searched for was gone LOL

I'll call the cruise planner and see what we get.

Thanks for the heads up!

I agree the Celebrity booking engine sucks. I know they are upgrading their reservation system and it's not easy because it's very old and filled with patches over the years.

My work around is using a large travel agency website to search for availability. I find their booking engines actually show far more of the cabin availability than Celebrity's system. They also have better deck plans (larger and more clear) which is sad, because Celebrity really should be setting the standard.

The Celebrity app on my iPhone is currently useless. It crashes the within seconds of opening it up. Not good.

I wonder what happens if the window washing equipment goes by an infinite veranda and someone has left the window down? I'm picturing an open window in a car wash right now...

They can be controlled from the bridge. So in a storm or when windows are being washed, the Bridge can override and close/lock them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wonder what happens if the window washing equipment goes by an infinite veranda and someone has left the window down? I'm picturing an open window in a car wash right now...

OMG:eek:

:'):'):'):'):')

I'm thinking they must have an over ride switch somewhere. But then, that makes me wonder, what if you're going in/out when the bridge flips the switch? It's like having your arm out when the power window goes up. I'm sure they've got safety measures....but still, made for a good laugh.

OMG

I'm thinking they must have an over ride switch somewhere. But then, that makes me wonder, what if you're going in/out when the bridge flips the switch? It's like having your arm out when the power window goes up. I'm sure they've got safety measures....but still, made for a good laugh.

I am hoping that you don't go in or out of the balcony window when the windows are moving or staying still. It is a long way down. :D

I am hoping that you don't go in or out of the balcony window when the windows are moving or staying still. It is a long way down. :D

oh! LOL

Totally funny, but in my mind I guess I was thinking of the balcony doors they have now to make the veranda stateroom basically completely open. But I didn't think that there wasn't still a barrier. Kind of thought the doors that separate the living from outside space open close- but that there was still something out on the balcony as a barrier. I can't really tell in the videos and layout pics what's what....

But really? I'm *hoping* no one is climbing in and out of the windows. 13 or so stories into the water is a bit of a kick to the system ;-)

Edited by sperkins921

I am not a hot tub user but it just seems kind of odd that you have to go up two floors from the pool deck (14) to get to the hot tubs (16). I have seen so many people go from the hot tub to the pool or the other way around and now they will have to climb two floors of stairs or take an elevator.

I'll make a prediction that there will be at least one more hot tub added at the pool level. The "martini glass" hot tubs actually look hazardous.

Esp when all the kiddos pile into them not to mention folks who are drinking..

They remind me of the old style Pocono honeymoon resorts

• 2 weeks later...
We are D+ on Royal too but now find Celebrity SO much better. A Sky Suite is very similar to a JS, however....the Sky Suite comes with a Butler and suite perks, which is really nice.

We concluded the JS on Royal really didn't have any great perks with it, other than the size of the cabin.

You talked me into it! Booked a sky suite, couldn't get one the week prior so we are going on February 24. Not really a butler person, but will suffer through it I suppose[emoji57].

Sent from my iPad using Forums