$7.95 Room Service Charge

I'm not reacting to the fact that you are posting...
We'll have to agree to disagree.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Strange. I said the same thing in a forum recently about land based vacations no longer being a good value, mentioning the fact that cruise vacations are once again the best bang for the buck vacations we can find, and using that as explanation for why we are returning to cruise vacations starting this year.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Strange. I said the same thing in a forum recently about land based vacations no longer being a good value, mentioning the fact that cruise vacations are once again the best bang for the buck vacations we can find, and using that as explanation for why we are returning to cruise vacations starting this year.

I love cruising and will continue to cruise but basically your cruise fare includes room and board, most everything else is extra. Much different than when we began cruising years ago.

The prices for the land based vacations we've been taking have gone up remarkably over the last five years especially. It's no longer as good of a value for us as cruising.

Another reason to ask one's self whether one is looking for a cruise to fit one's own preferences on a cruise line that is designed to perfectly fit the preferences of others. And full disclosure, I recently did. I'm going into that cruise with a clear understanding that I booked the cruise substantially designed for others, and that my decision to cruise on that cruise line regardless is a decision to accept that and enjoy the cruise for the specific reasons I booked it (which, in this case, included cost).

Thanks for being so reasonable. I agree with you.

I just booked my first RCL cruise and I'll use my OBC to get room service. Lol

It still is if you look for deals and keep other expenses reasonable.
Precisely. We don't have money to just casually throw around. While we don't have a hard-and-fast budget for vacations, since it is mostly based on our annual bonuses, if any, we do pull together pretty detailed budgets for each vacation. Comparing cruise fare, automatic gratuities, and transportation to/from the port for this 7-night cruise we're taking next to the cost of hotel, transportation, and meals for a 5-night road trip we're planning on taking next year, they're about the same. And with the cruise we get two extra nights, and more exotic attractions to visit.

Todaÿ on the Jewel we have an early arrival in Santorini so we ordered breakfast between 6am and 6:30. It's now 6:55am and no breakfast.

I guess the service charge means nothing about service.

I hope you go to Guest Services and have them remove the charge.

Bayley doesn't work for Royal any more. He is now with Celebrity...it probably didn't go through or they deleted it.

You'd do better to email:

resolutions@rccl.com or marketing

When did this change? I thought he was President of the RC line.

Michael Bayley is still president and CEO of RCI.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/michael-bayley-06817a62