$7.95 Room Service Charge

Awesome thanks! Then if my girls want room service they can call ME with their order and I'LL deliver it to them!! Or they can come spend some quality time with mom 😅

Good plan.:)

PS Clarea/Bob thank you so much for all your help and putting up with my billion questions Each time I'm preparing for a cruise. You are a wealth of info along with a few others on CC who seem to know their cruise info too! Calling Royal doesn't always get you the correct answer or a clear answer. I always try to remember to put on my flame resistant suit before hitti g send Just incase!😉

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Awesome thanks! Then if my girls want room service they can call ME with their order and I'LL deliver it to them!! Or they can come spend some quality time with mom [emoji28]

Maybe I didn't understand but if you were in a GS or above, wouldn't this be similar in nature to sharing a drink package?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Maybe I didn't understand but if you were in a GS or above, wouldn't this be similar in nature to sharing a drink package?

Good point, however I didn't feel that way when we had friends to the suite. Maybe that's different than ordering to your suite and then taking it to someone else. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Edited by John&LaLa

Not sure, as it's not uncommon for guests in suites to have another couple over for MDR dinner from room service. In fact, the room service people will sometimes ask how many guests, as if expecting more than 2 from time to time.

Not sure, as it's not uncommon for guests in suites to have another couple over for MDR dinner from room service. In fact, the room service people will sometimes ask how many guests, as if expecting more than 2 from time to time.

Agree, but to deliver to other cabins that are less than GS to get around the charge? Isn't that similar to sharing a drink package?

Good point, however I didn't feel that way when we had friends to the suite. Maybe that's different than ordering to your suite and then taking it to someone else. [emoji6]

I believe based on the fares people pay for full Suites, some leeway should be allowed if those Suite guests would like to entertain guests in their Suite.

Agree, but to deliver to other cabins that are less than GS to get around the charge? Isn't that similar to sharing a drink package?

Sounds like you're saying that if the room service order is for 4 people, and they all eat it in the GS, it's fine, but if 2 people take some of the food to another stateroom, it's not fine.

Sounds like you're saying that if the room service order is for 4 people, and they all eat it in the GS, it's fine, but if 2 people take some of the food to another stateroom, it's not fine.

Not really. If the INTENT is to avoid the service charge, it is similar to sharing a drink package. Similar to sneaking a friend into the DL or CL/SL who is not permitted?

Edited by Milwaukee Eight

Some will say you're stealing a service. Same some will also say it's my vacation I'll dress as I like they won't enforce the dress code anyway. Or my kid is well behaved so he can be in the solarium....or out past curfew. And so on. I guess people are high and mighty about rules until it's a rule they don't like then it's just a "suggestion". I feel like for as often as we'll use it if my kids want something they can order through us. Probably won't happen but was a thought. Ok no more panties in a bunch😉

Some will say you're stealing a service. Same some will also say it's my vacation I'll dress as I like they won't enforce the dress code anyway. Or my kid is well behaved so he can be in the solarium....or out past curfew. And so on. I guess people are high and mighty about rules until it's a rule they don't like then it's just a "suggestion". I feel like for as often as we'll use it if my kids want something they can order through us. Probably won't happen but was a thought. Ok no more panties in a bunch[emoji6]

I'm not trying to call anyone out. Say your kids were legal drinking age. If you had a drink package would you share with them? Would you try to take them into the CL/SL? (CK is a bit different).

There is no charge $ associated with what one wears or a fine for having kids in locations they are not permitted or out past curfew.

Besides, CC has been a bit boring lately.

Not really. If the INTENT is to avoid the service charge, it is similar to sharing a drink package. Similar to sneaking a friend into the DL or CL/SL who is not permitted?

That's different due to limited seating in the lounges

Lol well one IS of leagal drinking age but no I wouldn't do that. And I am an honest person. My DH had the drink package and got me a drink ( I'm not a big drinker 1 or 2a year if that) I felt so guilty he ended up drinking it! So when I asked the question it wasn't a hey how much can I steal but more of a can I enjoy this perk with my kids. The reality is I'll be on I think deck 8? And they'll be on I think 6? I doubt I'd run 2 decks for a few cookies , but if it was late and nothing was open then yes I'd do the mommy run! My daughter takes some meds and sometimes needs a bite to eat later. So ....

Lol well one IS of leagal drinking age but no I wouldn't do that. And I am an honest person. My DH had the drink package and got me a drink ( I'm not a big drinker 1 or 2a year if that) I felt so guilty he ended up drinking it! So when I asked the question it wasn't a hey how much can I steal but more of a can I enjoy this perk with my kids. The reality is I'll be on I think deck 8? And they'll be on I think 6? I doubt I'd run 2 decks for a few cookies , but if it was late and nothing was open then yes I'd do the mommy run! My daughter takes some meds and sometimes needs a bite to eat later. So ....

So have her order room service to her cabin......

Wow such deep moral quandaries . It must be exhausting !

Perhaps you should all take a cruise vacation to chill out . :D

Very chill right now. Lovely day at the beach.

0bb4ce0d3e40f829c600d989bfa614f1.jpg

I wish I could get some $7.95 room service about now. [emoji2]

If the INTENT is to avoid the service charge, it is similar to sharing a drink package.

I'm sure folks do this now already with one room ordering for two or more. The major diff is that I don't believe RCI says not to do this like they do with the drink package. And it's not as if they can take away anything, like they can with the drink package.

I'm sure folks do this now already with one room ordering for two or more. The major diff is that I don't believe RCI says not to do this like they do with the drink package. And it's not as if they can take away anything, like they can with the drink package.

I'm pretty sure they could revoke Room Service privileges if they felt like it. Just call it a violation of guest conduct policy

Edited by John&LaLa