$7.95 Room Service Charge

Right, the room service charge pales in comparison to the erroneous charges for unsold bottles of water.:D:D
You mean the so called "mini bar" with two bottles of water on top of the desk that you have to tip for pouring it yourself? And the price sometimes finds its way to your bill even though you left them intact? Those two bottles? :mad:

You mean the so called "mini bar" with two bottles of water on top of the desk that you have to tip for pouring it yourself? And the price sometimes finds its way to your bill even though you left them intact? Those two bottles? :mad:

Yup, those are the ones.

Many times I can find better pricing on Celebrity than with RCI for similar itineraries. Again, I think this points toward the two lines being different but not necessarily one line being a "lower level" than the other nor one being better than the other. The experience is just somewhat different.
Time will tell but I think a lot of folks don't see the overall the way you're indicating you see it.

Bigger ships equate to bigger costs.
But lower costs per passenger, so in the end it reflects the ability to continue the decades-long trend toward lower base fares, adjusted for inflation. Edited by bUU

This is a serious issue for handicapped persons. There are days when I cannot even leave the cabin as I am unable to walk and it is not possible to "run" up to the Windjammer to grab something. I have always relied on the room service option and am extremely disappointed in Royal for this change.

Contact Royalcaribbean Special Needs explain your situation to them they should be able to help you, they did assist me

Edited by dep
Addition to post

But lower costs per passenger, so in the end it reflects the ability to continue the decades-long trend toward lower base fares, adjusted for inflation.

From my experience having sailed all three Oasis class ships, these new megaships command higher fares per passenger than the smaller, older ships that sail similar itineraries. The trend I'm seeing now is higher profit margins for the cruise lines and less amenities for the passengers. :(

I don't recall 6 years ago and what Disney it sent back then. I really don't recall what you're referring to. But I have to make clear that the reason we're cruising again is the realization that we're now paying ten times as much for admission than we were when we first started going to Disney World.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I still remember alpha such as E & D tickets for attractions.

From my experience having sailed all three Oasis class ships, these new megaships command higher fares per passenger than the smaller, older ships that sail similar itineraries. The trend I'm seeing now is higher profit margins for the cruise lines and less amenities for the passengers. :(

i think yur right

I still remember alpha such as E & D tickets for attractions.

And you could get through the day at the Magic Kingdom for $25 including food. That barely covers parking now! :)

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Don't worry, us other parents understood what you meant.

I used to be a parent. [emoji6]

But I knew better than bringing toddlers aboard. [emoji33]

My boys were 6 & 7 on their first cruise. They knew better than to whine because their routine was messed up. They were happy to be aboard.

That is exactly what 'I' meant. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My boys were 6 & 7 on their first cruise. They knew better than to whine because their routine was messed up. They were happy to be aboard.

That is exactly what 'I' meant. 😁

John, what is the latest count. Who's ahead and what does he/she win.

This is a serious issue for handicapped persons. There are days when I cannot even leave the cabin as I am unable to walk and it is not possible to "run" up to the Windjammer to grab something. I have always relied on the room service option and am extremely disappointed in Royal for this change.

See post #997 on page 50. There's a possible solution.

That is exactly what 'I' meant.

Bella says she is feeling quite offended by that statement. Keep it up and she will need a therapist.

• 2 weeks later...

RCCL has done a good job in its primary purpose , maximizing returns to its shareholders . When policies change , many can dispute them but they have been extensively analysed . This charge for room service is an example as is the most recent change, reinstating a corkage fee for wine . In their Celebrity division they are hell bent on replacing included food (Mast Grill options) with additional fee places . In addition the fees for these places are regularly increasing . The goal is clearly trying to increase onboard charges by all means possible .

Obviously they can do what they like and so can I . I believe their policy seems to be lets see what the market will bear and they wish to be a leader . They are clearly ahead of their competitors in this regard . I will therefore be pricing in these additional costs when comparing among cruise options .

Hi all this is Way too long for me to read all of this haha ok maybe I'm just Lazy! Dumb question but does Grand suite and above also have the new all day room service fee? I thought I heard they didn't but wasn't sure where I heard that or if it was just wishful thinking. Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Hi all this is Way too long for me to read all of this haha ok maybe I'm just Lazy! Dumb question but does Grand suite and above also have the new all day room service fee? I thought I heard they didn't but wasn't sure where I heard that or if it was just wishful thinking. Thanks!!

No charge for room service for guests in Grand Suites or better.

RCCL has done a good job in its primary purpose , maximizing returns to its shareholders . When policies change , many can dispute them but they have been extensively analysed . This charge for room service is an example as is the most recent change, reinstating a corkage fee for wine . In their Celebrity division they are hell bent on replacing included food (Mast Grill options) with additional fee places . In addition the fees for these places are regularly increasing . The goal is clearly trying to increase onboard charges by all means possible .

Obviously they can do what they like and so can I . I believe their policy seems to be lets see what the market will bear and they wish to be a leader . They are clearly ahead of their competitors in this regard . I will therefore be pricing in these additional costs when comparing among cruise options .

What?? Are they are back to a corkage fee for wine?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums